R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-20-2014, 12:02 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Copying good ideas has been a part of TC design as long as there have been TCs. That's why they all look the same these days.

Awesomatix has obviously stumbled onto something that gives the car an advantage in certain scenarios. It doesn't surprise me that other companies are going to try and figure out what that is and incorporate it without making wholesale changes to their car design. I'm surprised it's taken this long. This is what I expect from car designers. Kudos to them for acknowledging that someone has built a better mousetrap and trying to address it.
I agree with the fact they are trying something else..
A great car manufactuer should provide there customer different options to try to suit there driving style.
At my two tracks... The Awesome guys are always trying different things.
Cutting top decks, cutting chassis, after market chassis, narrow hubs,x brand internals in the diffs.
Thats great... They are looking for that edge, that we all look for.I dont think its hilarious.
This thread should be about another option xray drivers have.

Awesomatix USA/ Side Piece Racing / TQ Wire / CR Graphics / R1 Wurks / LRP /Jackson RC Raceway / Horsham RC Raceway/Brownies Hobbies
Al Sodano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
some of you guys should really stop trolling, i have been out of the tc game for years....but ideas have been borrowed for ever.....

many of you guys in here are sponsored, why not act like a professional, represent your companies well and not troll to create problems..
Exactly.

for Xray to incorporate this design into their own cars is inevitable. If it proves to be effective, durable, and the car can still be bought for under $1000, I'm all for it.

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #33
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt M. View Post
some of you guys should really stop trolling, i have been out of the tc game for years....but ideas have been borrowed for ever.....

many of you guys in here are sponsored, why not act like a professional, represent your companies well and not troll to create problems..
This dude has a point. However I think Xray should at least beef up the steering block so that racers don't have to replace insanely expensive top hats every weekend - not cool.
DavidNERODease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #34
Tech Fanatic

noob on terms. what's a top hat?
Old 05-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #35
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Great, X-Ray is trying something different, but it it is not different because it has been done before time and time again and under very limited circumstances this works, but what everybody needs to take into consideration is that for the general public this is just another gimmick plain and simple. If it worked that great then every manufacturer would of made this a standard part 10 or more years ago! You will always have people swear up and down that it works and that it is the greatest thins since sliced bread, but it is just another gimmick. Not trolling, just want to save people money.

Patrick
XCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #36
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabroom View Post
noob on terms. what's a top hat?
He's referring to kingpin collars. They look like little top hats.

I've been racing xray TCs for a few years now. I've never once lost a top hat. I've also never broken a rear hub carrier.

This is just an option they are talking about. I'd be surprised if they include it in new kits. You don't have to do this if you don't want to. It's an option.

Last edited by locked; 05-20-2014 at 04:05 PM.
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:51 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCELL View Post
Great, X-Ray is trying something different, but it it is not different because it has been done before time and time again and under very limited circumstances this works, but what everybody needs to take into consideration is that for the general public this is just another gimmick plain and simple. If it worked that great then every manufacturer would of made this a standard part 10 or more years ago! You will always have people swear up and down that it works and that it is the greatest thins since sliced bread, but it is just another gimmick. Not trolling, just want to save people money.

Patrick
No one is being forced at gun-point to try it, "gimmick" or not. And I highly doubt you care about our collective wallets. Moving along now...