Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Project RC BMW ///M3

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My Team Powers Illuminated Setup Board, with LED light stand that can be mounted to the setup glass or used on it's own stand. I chose to use it on it's own stand.

Thanks to Lamar at Gridworks Racing for getting this out to me, in spite of some issues, it was worth the wait. Although I'm not quite sure if i will go mobile with this, which is a shame for it makes for such a pretty work pit, it would be a pity to not show it to anybody, and keep it locked away in my dungeon lab

The setup board is made of tempered glass, with a build in 12V back light. It has setup rule markings and bubble levels to insure a flat work surface. The LED pit light is very bright and has a touch sensitive switch that illuminates red in standby, then white when on. a press and hold dims the work light to a lower level, however I like it full power. It has a glass base that matches the pattern of the board. The board also has a touch sensitive power button to illuminate the board. Pictures don't do it justice, nor do my quick snap shots here.

Here the board is lit with the pit light on full

Here is just the board light

Power switch

Just the board

The board relative to other surroundings
Old 01-06-2015, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Bing, please bring that to the track so we can have a look at it! It looks amazing!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CamLS
Bing, please bring that to the track so we can have a look at it! It looks amazing!
Ha, Thanks Cam! I may just bring it and leave it in my pit spot, rather than transport it. It can be like a club trophy display

Here it is sort of in the normal light of day on my work bench, with the shop fully lit

Old 01-06-2015, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey all ! Its been a while scince ive strolled these forums , just got caught up reading through past post evo13 your serpents are looking amazing ! Those wide foams really set them apart ! And viperZ your work is always immaculate and extremely high quality , from paint to wiring to setup , inspires me to up my game lol ., my rc list has grown quite a bit and i picked up a new kyosho inferno gt2 aston martin (360 mm wheelbase) recently , the wife and i recently purchased a house in manalapan , FL so we have been quite busy ., more room for the r/cs now hehehe , im also keeping an eye on these bmw m2 spy shots, the M235i is going back as soon as the M2 is released ! Glad this thread is still burning bright , !
Old 01-06-2015, 07:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

What the rc closet looks like now, my off roaders eat up most of my time but looking at this thread makes me want to dive deeper into onroads.,
Axial yeti XL
Axial Exo
Tamiya Cr01
Tamiya toyota Tundra
Team Associated tc6.1
Team Associated tc4 (rally)
Team Associated sc8.2e
Abc genetic
Amz atomic
Hpi sprint 2
Traxxas stampede 4x4
Traxxas slash 4x4
Xray m18
Team associated sc18
Losi 5ive T
Losi Comp crawler
Losi mini 8ight buggy
Losi mini 8ight truggy
Vaterra kalahari
T.O.P Sabre mini
Ofna gtp2e
Kyosho inferno gt2 aston martin
Rc4wd trail finder jeep edition
Old 01-07-2015, 03:50 AM
Tech Addict

Hey M! Thanks for the kind words. Impressive collection you have assembled That M2 is a sweet car and reminds me of the original intent of the E30 M3, even with is muscular stubby look. Congrats on the new house.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ViperZ
Hey M! Thanks for the kind words. Impressive collection you have assembled That M2 is a sweet car and reminds me of the original intent of the E30 M3, even with is muscular stubby look. Congrats on the new house.
Hey ViperZ
Thank you for the kind words , u asked me to report on my minis on a earlier post , sadly i have not gotten to use any of them lately , which one would u like to know more of?
On the other hand i transitioned my tc6.1 back to a grip configuration ( vs drift), and would still like to utilize my front oneway , any idea on what weight oil should i use on the rear gear diff ? I dont race just run on occasion and enjoy a great handling car, any input would be appreciated
Old 01-07-2015, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey M,

Good to see you back buddy. I wondered why you had disappeared. Good to know all is well. Congratulations on the new home. Now that you're back, join in and post some pics of those cool offroads!
Old 01-07-2015, 07:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Evo 13
Hey M,

Good to see you back buddy. I wondered why you had disappeared. Good to know all is well. Congratulations on the new home. Now that you're back, join in and post some pics of those cool offroads!
Hey Evo
Thanks ! Glad to see your super serpents progressing nicely , that porsche body came out great ! As soon as i figure out how to post pics from this new phone i will ! The Yeti XL is a force to be reckoned with!
Old 01-07-2015, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M235i
Hey ViperZ
Thank you for the kind words , u asked me to report on my minis on a earlier post , sadly i have not gotten to use any of them lately , which one would u like to know more of?
On the other hand i transitioned my tc6.1 back to a grip configuration ( vs drift), and would still like to utilize my front oneway , any idea on what weight oil should i use on the rear gear diff ? I dont race just run on occasion and enjoy a great handling car, any input would be appreciated
I'm just using 40wt silicone kit oil in the diffs of both the 6.1 & 6.2. It works well enough on the track, so should work well enough for bashing.

I was interested in a Kyosho Mini, I believe.. However My attention has wandered

That Yeti XL is one heck of a machine! I was looking at it at our local hobby store. It got snapped up with in a few days, which is a good thing as I might have bought it myself
Old 01-10-2015, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

I received a 24T pinon for my WTC Associated 10.5R, so I hope that the right gear for the track. I mounted up my old HPI Sprint 2 McLaren body just to try it. I have a fresh McLaren, as well as some other bodies coming for it, however I would really like the LMP style Team Muslo.

I can't seem to get the SkyRC ESC software to load on either of my Windows 8 machines, and mill try it on a Windows XP.

I hate the long body post look, and will cut them as soon as I know what to run with this chassis

The 1s Toro ESC looks to be a nice unit, however I can;t get the Skylink to open on my computers
Old 01-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

I can't stand the long body post either. I'm trying to hurry up and get this fitting down on my f1 so I can clip those suckers off!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Can't wait to see your F1 car! I want one too, but will wait for a bit until I settle in to one

Yeah, I hate cars with long posts :P I have a Porsche GT1 and a Mercedes CLK GTR bodies coming for the pan car as well as some extra body posts. That's when I'll cut these suckers. Mean while I'm waiting for reflex Racing to get the LMP Muslo back in stock.

Anyone know of any other LMP or Open cockpit bodies that will fit the 200mm pan car?

Will a Speed Passion LMP fit?
Old 01-17-2015, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

I painted up a Mercedes Benz CLK GTR for the WGT chassis. I so much prefer these bodies over the typical generic Touring Car A few in our club are interested on USGT, so I ordered up some tires and will maybe convert my VTA over to USGT, or get another chassis.

I didn't mount the rear duck spoiler as intended

With the 1/10 fleet
Old 01-17-2015, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Looking good Viper, looking good! The greeninsh-navy blue M3 is missing from the line up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.