Wiki Posts
Search

Magnetic advance on 19T and Stock Motors

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Magnetic advance on 19T and Stock Motors

Any form of advancing of timing in Stock or 19T motors is illegal according to the 2005 ROAR rules.

Yokomo's Tesla Meter lets Race Tech easily identify magnetically advanced motors.

If anyone is testing Magnetically advanced motors in preparation for the 2005 On Road Nats I suggest you stop and concentrate on tuning standard Monster Stocks and C2's as you will get DQ'd for running advanced motors.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Any form of advancing of timing in Stock or 19T motors is illegal according to the 2005 ROAR rules.

Yokomo's Tesla Meter lets Race Tech easily identify magnetically advanced motors.

If anyone is testing Magnetically advanced motors in preparation for the 2005 On Road Nats I suggest you stop and concentrate on tuning standard Monster Stocks and C2's as you will get DQ'd for running advanced motors.
so the ea guys cheated at the RROC this year or what ...yo adrian what to you think ...bitter
Old 08-18-2005, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

So you always think someone who wins is cheating? Get over it and work harder and you might be the one who everyone says is cheating. Practice and hard work is what wins races 99 percent of the time Most cheating comes from mid pack guys that think they have to do it to win, not the case most of the time.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dmayhew25
So you always think someone who wins is cheating? Get over it and work harder and you might be the one who everyone says is cheating. Practice and hard work is what wins races 99 percent of the time Most cheating comes from mid pack guys that think they have to do it to win, not the case most of the time.

yo dude, i was talking to adrian, the ea guys didnt win either , were you at the RROC this year thats what they did to thier motors, i ran my motor the way it came made the main and finished fifth, two years in a row i was one of three guys to do it back to back...am i middle of the pack racer , i dont think so....bitter
Old 08-18-2005, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Bitter....might want to check your info homie. EA drivers did not run advanced timing...I should know I run for EA. There were other drivers who did, but implicating a motor builder that had nothing to do with it is not correct.

Butter

P.S. The reason motors are being "teched" is that this is a ROAR sanctioned nationals. The Reedy race runs on its own set of rules.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Now you made butter bitter, no one likes bitter butter.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Bitter....might want to check your info homie. EA drivers did not run advanced timing...I should know I run for EA. There were other drivers who did, but implicating a motor builder that had nothing to do with it is not correct.

Butter

P.S. The reason motors are being "teched" is that this is a ROAR sanctioned nationals. The Reedy race runs on its own set of rules.
thats the word during the race, what about that guy that really cool black guy didnt he use that timming trick to dump in one of the qualifiers..if my info is wrong im sorry..eric anderson was talking about this stuff to me about tosolinis 19 motor during a race earlier this year...no worries butter ..
Old 08-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jeffb
Now you made butter bitter, no one likes bitter butter.
WORD.....
Old 08-18-2005, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

No worries Bitter. Yes it has been tried..the problem is that it creates so much heat in the motor that it is not worth it. The black guy you are referring to is Furman Walker,by any measure one of the fastest guys around. He was doing his own motors at that race.

WORD.

West Coast .....nothing but love 4 ya.

Last edited by TeamButter; 08-18-2005 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Tesla Meter.
Ooooh! The big, bad Tesla Meter

Even the name sounds kinda scary....LOL
Old 08-18-2005, 11:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TeamButter
No worries Bitter. Yes it has been tried..the problem is that it creates so much heat in the motor that it is not worth it. The black guy you are referring to is Furman Walker,by any measure one of the fastest guys around. He was doing his own motors at that race.

WORD.

West Coast .....nothing but love ya.
thats right Furman , so many stories about motors during the RROC thanks for clearing up some of my questions butter....people hate some much when they cant make mains ,no cheating just some factory stock lol..word..bitter
Old 08-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

No prob......Late.

Butter
Old 08-18-2005, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)

Originally Posted by lickrim
yo dude, i was talking to adrian, the ea guys didnt win either , were you at the RROC this year thats what they did to thier motors, i ran my motor the way it came made the main and finished fifth, two years in a row i was one of three guys to do it back to back...am i middle of the pack racer , i dont think so....bitter

If you were talking to only adrian then PM him, don't run your mouth about a company ( A well respected one ) that MIGHT have been cheating. I never claimed you were cheating but you took it that way, WHY????? .

Was I at the RROC Race? Nope, Only ever been to a handful of races. Club races at that. Again, did I say you were a middle of the pack racer? No, I said they are more likely to cheat than the guys making A mains at big races. I have no idea who you are but some things you say make you sound like a crybaby.

Do you think if you had their motors you would have beaten the guys in front of you at that race?? Just curious.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

never mind all this who did what when stuff, give up the goods, how does one do this..... and more importantly, other then the yokomo meter is there any other way of telling, we don't tech motors at my track, but maybe we should, i am so outta the loop, heck i just learned a couple of weeks ago about shorting the arm to make it think its a lower wind then it is.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
never mind all this who did what when stuff, give up the goods, how does one do this..... and more importantly, other then the yokomo meter is there any other way of telling,
DITTO...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.