Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Magnetic advance on 19T and Stock Motors >

Magnetic advance on 19T and Stock Motors

Magnetic advance on 19T and Stock Motors

Old 08-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

I'll try answer you. They would have tested it, because they are always searching for an edge. Good. They don't USE it because it doesn't work.

Was that so hard?
Old 08-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

The "other motor company" that I was referring to is NOT Br00d. Its a small company that not many people know. So please dont think I meant it toward Br00d. They do only the best and are straight forward in their tuning.
It wouldn't happen to be the company in my signature would it? I have heard things, but I am new with them so I don't know.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Turttle,

Many tunners have tested magnetic advancement along with other not great ideas in boosting performance in their quest to find every little edge they can pass through tech to help their team. Most performance enhancement ideas that the motor companies try don't work but they keep testing and trying new ideas so they know what to do and when.

Mark
Old 08-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

mark, i am sure you are correct. i'm also pretty damn sure that eddie0 didn't wake up one day and say,, think i'll print some labels and call myself a motor company. and having had to try to keep up with drivers that run his motors i'm sure hes done his share of testing. i was only having fun with that guy. didn't mean any harm, its deleted now.

Last edited by Turtlemaster; 08-19-2005 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Maybe they heard about it like everyone else did, decided to try it themselves, realized that it's BUNK tech and decided against it... just a thought -JB
Old 08-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

AND, you guys can quit pm-ing me, either with your requests on how to short the arm, or yelling at me for giving away your secrects. i mean telling people how to do it.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Tech Legend

WoW !

Turltes cheat ?

Who would of thought ?

LoL !
Old 08-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

turtlemaster YGPM J/K
Old 08-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

If recall shorted arms are supposed to be the hot ticket for the 23T motors like those used @ Tamiya next weekend. From what I hear it worked so well last year they will be teching for it this time. Maybe I had my motor tuned right after all, I just didn't know about the arm shorting part.

Mark
Old 08-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We got ahold of a magnet zapper back in 90 and 91 when it was getting impossible to advance the timing with the pinion/visegrip method... we found out then that it would never work. If it has been known for this many years that attempting to advance the magnetic timing of magnets zapped from the factory with a home brew magnet zapper was a futile effort, why would people continue to try to do this?

Playing with brush timing should never be against the rules, you will have people getting around this quite easily...
Old 08-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by mtveten
If recall shorted arms are supposed to be the hot ticket for the 23T motors like those used @ Tamiya next weekend. From what I hear it worked so well last year they will be teching for it this time. Maybe I had my motor tuned right after all, I just didn't know about the arm shorting part.

Mark

Knew about this last summer...

There`s another one too !

Turtle love loL !
Old 08-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

quit talking george your heat race is up. oops too late, maybe next round.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten

Mark
Mark, I believe the eventual winners ended up raffling their motors away. How much more legit can that be? Although motor tuning is very important (no replacement for displacement) there are other ways to be quick getting around the track.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Another classic thread........
Old 08-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining, or trying to say anyone cheated. My point is that if I had the tuning knowledge to short the arm I would have done so and may have done even better or at the very least not had the slowest car in the A.

Regardless of how some racers extracted more power out of their motors , I learned the importance of motor tuning when racing drivers of comparable ability.

Mark