R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-14-2002, 11:16 AM   #106
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

RETO. Good to see you on here.

The solution to run a gear driven rear and belt driven front would be to introduce an idler gear for the rear, as the old Kyosho used to be.

I know it means more friction, but so does the present geared set up at the front. It's very interesting anyway.

Are you still abstaining from Racing?

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 12:59 PM   #107
Tech Regular

Hi Reto.....
Nice to see you getting involved in this forum. Since you did attend the nationals in Japan what are your comments as regards to Haras and Uminos Pro3's..... how did they compare against the other makes especially Masamis Yoke?

Bye for now !
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 04:05 AM   #108
Tech Addict

@johnbull: yep, I'm still enjoying that I don't race anymore...
I do race a bit of Nitro tough, pretty cool...

@Pro Models: Umino is not running for HPI anymore, he runs a Tech Racing car. But I guess you're more interested in the Pro3 performance anyway...
Hara's car worked extremely well, I would say he would have won pretty easy if the conditions on the final day would not have changed so much. His car carried a lot of speed around the corners while Masami's Yoke was a bit pushing most of the time!
Old 10-15-2002, 01:11 PM   #109
Tech Regular

OOpps!! sorry about that I meant to say Murai not Umino.... but hey excellent to hear that the Pro 3 was working so well and btw thanks for the info

Ciao!!
Pro Models is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 06:59 PM   #110
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Re the tech car couldnt they run a belt from the rear diff to the front diff, the same as a mission, and just have the pinion , and gear drive the rear diff, this would eliminate one belt with a single gear mesh, and would still allow the motor to stay where it is.
Old 10-16-2002, 09:55 AM   #111
Tech Master

Hi Guys. Greetings from Malta.

Besercoe.

You're absolutely right. That has got to be the best idea. It drives the rear direct, and the belt running on big pulleys takes up very little power and efficiency to drive.

I wonder if any of the manufacturers have actually thought about it yet.

Yoke and corally are both about to announce their new cars, which are both gear driven at the rear. i wonder.

I hear the new Corally has finally run in a race, in France, where Sakke won - first time out, and Simo finished 4th or 5th.

Not a bad start. Has anyone seen the car yet?

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-16-2002, 12:35 PM   #112
Tech Adept

Reto: What are the main diffrences when you compare the TC Euros with the Japan nats? Is the level much higher in Japan?
moonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 01:10 AM   #113
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Just learnt a bit more about the new Corally touring car, and yes, it does drive directly to the rear, with one belt - front to rear. Typical Corally ingenuity. Well done. Check it out on RC Zone.

Now I hope Constant gets on and patents it before someone goes and does an X Ray copy of it. It's happened before!

I hope they have learnt their lesson.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.