R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-08-2002, 05:44 AM   #91
Tech Fanatic

Corally are were no where in the 1/12 nationals last year in the UK, there car design in this class has hardly moved on in the past 5 yrs and does not look like it ever will, this class is now dominated by Trinity and Associated. Rick
Rick Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 05:55 AM   #92
Tech Rookie

Yes, that is what I mean..... excactly that car. So, this means if Corally comes out with this car setup, are they then doing a copy?? John? It seems like you are still not realistic. Even if another distributor would do it, you have to create demand, and nobody wants to have the car. Like the Pro 3 and Losi at the moment. I see hardly none at tracks, only plenty TC3. But I hope for Corally they will do well, and ehhh, I do not agree with your matching point of view..... Those labels are all same..... I wonder if they match, and as I wondered, I bought a pack and tested it, it was terrible. But maybe a false peak.... I have tested many packs, and only a few do a good job. Orion, Peak, Robitronic. They perform very good at the track, which is most important!
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 09:24 AM   #93
Tech Master

TRF414 Well done.

That is just the car I was referring to.

It looks very interesting. But was the gear drive up front really necessary. surely driving the front diff directly from the belt would have been more efficient, and certainly cheaper to produce.

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 11:53 AM   #94
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HPI´s first touring car the HPI RS4 had the gear drive for the rear. It wasn´t very efficient so they switched to the 2 belt design for the successor RS4 Pro.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 02:02 PM   #95
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Well, the TC3 suspension must be about the best around since it is on so many "development cars". Ever wonder why losi 's uprights on the xxxs is interchangeable with the TC3's.
Jack Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 05:54 PM   #96
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by johnbull
It looks very interesting. But was the gear drive up front really necessary. surely driving the front diff directly from the belt would have been more efficient, and certainly cheaper to produce.
I was thinking the same thing when I was looking over the car...
rccarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2002, 06:30 PM   #97
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

TRF414 that car is pretty impressive looking. I would like to see a car made with the same setup in the rear but with the belt going to a more conventional setup in the front with a diff and the belt going directly to the front pulley and all the batteries on one side if possible. I wonder how that car runs the way it is pictured. IT seems to have great potential.

I learned alot in the last few posts. No fighting and lots of learning. Now this thread is really rolling.

I agree that Hara is one of the best. He is really pouring it on lately. I think Cyrul is a another really great driver. He seems to work on his own stuff and make alot of his own parts. He has struggled some when making some of his wild designs but no one can fault him for that as he is taking the risk.

At this time we seem to have alot of great touring car drivers and just alot of great drivers in general.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 05:37 AM   #98
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Haven't been on for a few days as our nats start this Sunday, and i've been busy making everybody's last minute repairs.

I've built up so many packs of cells this last week, my soldering iron can almost do it on it's own.

Glad there seems to be agreement on the front end of the Tech car RF414 showed. It really is a super car, but as Wyd says, put the cells down one side and rearrange the front so that the belt drives the diff direct and i'm sure it would be even greater.

I'm sure they could move that motor into the centre line a bit more too. The end bell is a bit vulnerable where it is.

We have 4 guys from UK racing with us this weekend. Should be good.

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-11-2002, 06:43 PM   #99
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
It really is a super car, but as Wyd says, put the cells down one side and rearrange.....
Is it just me or are they only down one side. The two slots behind the receiver are just cut outs in my opinion, or am I missing something?
Old 10-12-2002, 11:01 AM   #100
Tech Master

Sorry, I phrased that rather badly.

What i meant to say is, wouldn't it be great with cell holes down both sides.

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-12-2002, 11:57 AM   #101
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:

I think the concept is so that you can change the internal drive ratio...front and back.or even over and underdrive. The diffs run off std spur and pinnions..pretty neat really!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2002, 03:31 PM   #102
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Sorry, I phrased that rather badly.

What i meant to say is, wouldn't it be great with cell holes down both sides.

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Oh, OK. Yeah it would be better, but then again you could almost say that about every car out there!
Old 10-13-2002, 06:21 AM   #103
Tech Adept

You have a lot of different option but maintainence will be very hard working because of all these gear changes.

I just return from business trip in US, sorry for the late reply to everyone.
TRF414M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 11:52 AM   #104
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

DTM. You're quite right. I suppose it does make sense.

Of course the old Kyosho Optima had a gear system at the rear and belt to the front diff, though as you say it would 2 different gears.

it looks great all the same.

We had our first championship meeting today. My son Josh won in modified and i came 2nd in stock, so you could say we had a good day.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:58 AM   #105
Tech Addict

Default tech car, front gearbox

Guys, I think you didn't understand the concept of the front gearbox of the tech prototype car!

Of course it would be nicer to have the front gearbox without those gears, but imagine the belt would go directly to the diff/oneway without the gears... yes, it would spin backwards...

Btw, Umino did not run this car at the Nats. He ran a conventional two-belt car. I have not seen anyone running this belt/gear car at the Nats (I've been there)