R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-03-2002, 04:25 PM   #61
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Anybody know where one can obtain those carbon-fiber-ish upper decks like the one that Masami is using on his Yokomo SP? Are they even in production anywhere?
Old 10-03-2002, 05:06 PM   #62
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I think sometimes we forget that Masami has been around for a long time and we all expect him to win every time he runs. Well even the best in the World can't win every time he hits the track.

Overall he is still up at the top level but their are alot more guys running and competition is tougher than ever and he still manages to stay up front. It is hard to knock this guy as he is friendly, promotes the hobby well, Yoke has great cars, and he can drive any class and win at anytime. How much more can we ask from this guy. He also has to have some kind of burnout after racing as long as he has. He is only one guy so we should cut him a break. We might never have another dominating racing like him again and he has so many World Titles it is scary. Will anyone ever top the number he has (I don't think it will happen in my lifetime).
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 08:50 PM   #63
Tech Adept

Yes, Johnbull.

Everyone in the top ten will have a chance at every race. The most important thing is when they can put everything together during the race. I would like to see what happens to Hara at the last heat because something went wrong but don't know why though.

You are absolutely correct about the big price different for the Pro3 Hara and MR4 SP. Even in HK, I think the new Hara edition is just way too expensive, cost more than Tamiya World Replica. I bought mine used and it still cost me about the same price as YM34 Type T. But I like the shape and design of Pro 3 so much, that's why I decided to own one again. I sold all my Pro 3 before because it is just way too expensive. And I think this will probably be my last HPI car, Pro 2 with all the Cross Option parts (all black Pro 2) and Pro 3 Hara edition. I rather spend my money on US made cars like XXX-S and TC3. This is because they are cheaper and also less option parts needed for upgrading.

But looking at Japan National, there weren't any foreigners this year. This is one interesting thought though. Last year, Surikarn was there but not this year.
TRF414M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 08:59 PM   #64
Tech Adept

That is another Prototype version of Evo 2.5 and I think this is what they call them. According to some sources from other Japanese Website, Evo III use a very similar to TA-04 type of differential instead of their heavy TG10 style. And also, the motor location is very similar to TC3. I thought I saw a small photo of the prototype in Tamiya Japan Website.

Old 10-03-2002, 09:13 PM   #65
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by sosidge
How on earth can you suggest that setting TQ (and finishing second) is "not coping" with Masami?
you're right sosidge. johnbull tends to just shoot his mouth off without considering all the facts.
hara might have won the nats if
a) in the second final, he did not misjudge the track condition and braked wrongly and ended up third.
b) his gamble on using harder compound tires in the third final had paid off, but unfortunately it did not and he finished last.

of course, masami also made mistakes in the finals, so the championship could have gone either way.

my point is that do not make sweeping assumptions on a car just based on the final results. this form of opinion makes you look narrow minded and silly.

TRF414M: the japan nats has officially become a closed event (no foreigners allowed)
Kyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 09:48 PM   #66
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to eric

i saw interesting report on www.tq-racing.com (the link was posted by retrotamiya on this thread in the previous pages) and also the same report on www.rczone.net. the tq-racing site have details about the A main finalist.
eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 01:51 AM   #67
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Some of you guys are very intollerant. You need to start to respect other peoples opinions, even if you disagree with them.

I disagree with alot of the stuff people write but I don't go insulting them personally. It's just a question of manners.

TRF414. I see from your profile that your birthday falls just one day before mine. I also see that you are of a mature age. Perhaps not OLD like me, but mature nevertheless. It shows in the polite way you write. Well done. Keep it up.

WYD. I agree entirely. Masami is absolutely great. I have followed his progress for years and he is always a threat, whatever he drives. He has off road World Champ titles, Touring cars, 1/12th, Pro 10. You name it he's won it. And I am a great fan of his.

I certainly did not mean to reduce any of my esteem for Masami when I stated that to my mind Hara is the fastest of the present crop of drivers. My point was simply that driving Yokes he was beating Masamiregularly, whereas since he left he has been finding it more difficult, despite the fact that he now has more experience.

I watched him at the Worlds in 98 when my son was racing in the touring cars. Even then, aged only 15 or 16 you could see that the lad had real potential.

I still say that given the right car he could win World titles blindfolded.

I've had another look through the pics. There really are some very interesting cars around aren't there.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 02:06 AM   #68
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes. I am sure that we do agree that we need to respect each other's opinions. I would add in that we should respect each others' decisions as well. Did you? Lets see...

Quote:
But what impresses me most with the X Ray / Hudy set up is that they have such a good publicity machine that they seem to be getting away with murder. They produce a car, which they don't sell cheap. When they realise that it doesn't work with the front set up they have on it, they market a "REVOLUTIONARY NEW FRONT END" which basically is what everybody else has been using since the Ark, and still manage to find idiots to sell it to, as a tuning option....at good money too.
There are people who drive the new front end that you were referring to and ALSO read this forum... me included. Isn't that personal enough? Or did I misinterpret what you wrote?

Last edited by Kenneth Tan; 10-04-2002 at 03:03 AM.
Kenneth Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 03:46 AM   #69
Tech Regular

there there, no need to adopt an 'older and thus holier than thou' attitude. you have been just as polite in your frequent verbal assaults on a certain manufacturer.

"well done. keep it up." that is so downright condescending.
everyone gets to participate on an equal platform here in these forums, not based on a teacher-student, parent-child kind of relationship. age doesn't matter.
Kyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 06:05 AM   #70
Tech Master

KENNETH.

My reference to idiots was not directed at anyone in particular. Your English is pretty good so I am sure you will have understood that perfectly well. You just had to find something to grab onto. Never mind. I certainly would not insult you or anyone personally, especially in this, which is a respectable forum of enthusiasts of a very respectable hobby.

KYEW.

Now, Now. Just because I am old! I can sure you I can still do plenty of things pretty well. So please, less of the digs about my age. Next thing you'll be calling me a geriatric.

I am 56 and proud of it. Despite having had three heart operations, I still take my holidays riding big motorcycles. I still race real cars very successfully, and I can still beat quite a few of the kids in RC, despite my failing eye sight and reflexes.

May God give you the grace and the health to live even longer than me.

You know, you X Ray guys really do get upset!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:59 PM   #71
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A load of bull...

Certainly, MY reference to bulls was not directed at anyone in particular as well...

Anyway, kyew drives a Yok, one of those few that are in your good books.

Last edited by Kenneth Tan; 10-04-2002 at 09:25 PM.
Kenneth Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 09:27 PM   #72
Tech Adept

In regards to the fish looking graphite plate for Yokomo 1/12, it is available. I had one and it feels smooth. I can't wait to put it on my car.
Old 10-04-2002, 09:32 PM   #73
Tech Adept

The plate is longer than R12L3, I hope I diidn't get it wrong. This is because Yokomo's 1/12th is way too expensive compare to Associated. Usually people just get the chassis kit from Yokomo and install them. Also, you should get the new motor mount set because you can use smaller tyres because it is a little lower than the previous version.
Old 10-05-2002, 01:15 AM   #74
Tech Master

Sorry taking up so much space talking about X rays in this thread, which is about the Japan nationals.

As X rays just didn't feature there, perhaps we should be talking about the cars that did.

I hear the new Corally is testing this week. It's been a long time coming. There are all sorts of rumors, but they are certainly staying tight lipped about it. Who can blame them!

And what about the new Yoke. Do any of you guys from the Japan area, know anything about what's going on. I heard stories about a gear driven rear, and belt driven front.

Wow. Wouldn't that be copying Kyosho....from about the middle ages!

Have a nice weekend.

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 10-05-2002, 11:30 AM   #75
Tech Adept

Default HOT NEW CORALLY....

Yes testing on the Hot New Corally well be this weekend as I type and a more intense session next weekend with some US drivers flying over there to test as well..... Will know more in about week when they get back.
ECHOLogic is offline   Reply With Quote