R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-09-2014, 05:32 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Tranmitter won't work or that's what I thought

Hi! My nephew (he's 10 and chubby ;-)) recently got first ever rc car and he was very excited about it. That's why got disappointed when he found out that the model delivered to us won't work! I showed him an article from some blog.
But found out that it doesn't show what to do if it won't work. My guess is on the transmitter because there's a slight crack on the throttle. But I'm not really sure.
cartech06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:05 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech06 View Post
Hi! My nephew (he's 10 and chubby ;-)) recently got first ever rc car and he was very excited about it. That's why got disappointed when he found out that the model delivered to us won't work! I showed him an article from some blog.
But found out that it doesn't show what to do if it won't work. My guess is on the transmitter because there's a slight crack on the throttle. But I'm not really sure.
First thing I'd do is contact the Customer Service department of the retailer to see what they'd do to rectify the situation, provided of course that you bought the vehicle brand new from that vendor. I would think that they'd send replacement parts or replace the entire model and accessories if required. If it was broken out of the box, I'd think they'd do what they could to make things right.

What model did you buy, and from whom was it purchased?
Old 05-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

The list of things that could be wrong would fill a book. By far the easiest thing to do is drop by the local hobby shop and ask for help from an experienced eye. Most likely is something very simple.
PACaSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:39 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

what exactly is it not doing??

going to as a (potientially) dumb question - did you charge the battery for the car? and, also, did you put batteries in the transmitter??

most manufacturers don't ship kits with a charged battery...

so like PACasteel said, the issues could fill a book - but if you share a little more info, we might be able to help you out before you need to go to a hobby shop (in case you're intimated by walking in there)