Community
Wiki Posts
Search

July 30th - Aug 3rd Roar On Road a Paved Nationals Fullthrottlercraceway

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Unbelievable! You all spend how much traveling the country racing toy cars and you are Butt Hurt as Chris said over contributing $10 to the track for practice?
Old 05-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
Unbelievable! You all spend how much traveling the country racing toy cars and you are Butt Hurt as Chris said over contributing $10 to the track for practice?

Not to mention that its still less then the cost of signing up for the Reedy and you don't need to pay an extra $4 for for the PayPal fees..

Just saying...
Old 05-06-2014, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

In for VTA, cant wait
Old 05-07-2014, 06:14 AM
Tech Champion

Hope you enjoyed our facility Chris, we were very proud to be able to host the race and was not even in discussion for charging. Race was not perfect, but we learned a lot.

I am surprised to see the extra charge, and will bring it up to the other excom members. I wanted to host a "Club" race on Thursday night for our Nats, and was not allowed to. The reasoning was the it was a compulsory extra cost. On top of that it was a compulsory session for everyone.

This is George/Steve's facility and they have to make ends meet, but ROAR sanctions the race. My comments are not of the ROAR EXCOM, they are personal. Just know that someone from the excom is aware and were looking into it.

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Ive helped host a Roar National. Just comparing it to last year where we didn't have to pay for those things. No reason to get butt hurt from a question.

Last edited by TimPotter; 05-07-2014 at 06:57 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Hope you enjoyed our facility Chris, we were very proud to be able to host the race and was not even in discussion for charging. Race was not perfect, but we learned a lot.

I am surprised to see the extra charge, and will bring it up to the other excom members. I wanted to host a "Club" race on Thursday night for our Nats, and was not allowed to. The reasoning was the it was a compulsory extra cost. On top of that it was a compulsory session for everyone.

This is George/Steve's facility and they have to make ends meet, but ROAR sanctions the race, lets see what happens. My comments are not of the ROAR EXCOM, they are personal. Just know that someone from the excom is aware and were looking into it.
In my opinion...which are Personal.....ROAR needs to fix the issues they have before anything else. I think it is counter-productive to be arguing about $10 to practice before the event. There are bigger fish to fry IMHO!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Besides the fact that I noted this was a reply from a personal perspective, I agree with you Robert, lots of bigger fish to fry.

It is tough enough for tracks to survive these days. Everything is expensive and the support is waning. People complain that ROAR does nothing, but when someone says they will look into a concern then we are counter productive. It is what it is, and perception can be a killer.

All of this being said, the cost to host these kind of events at a facility like FT can be very cost prohibitive. The entry cost of the event is set by ROAR and at facilities like this one, it can be tough to make ends meet with just the tracks portion of the entry fee. Now the way the host handles additional charges, really changes the perception on the racer.

Again... my PERSONAL opinions not that of ROAR.

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
In my opinion...which are Personal.....ROAR needs to fix the issues they have before anything else. I think it is counter-productive to be arguing about $10 to practice before the event. There are bigger fish to fry IMHO!
Old 05-07-2014, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

It's not the cost of charging for pit spots, it's the ridiculousness of it. I haven't heard of that at any race before. Imagine if you went out to a place to eat, but they charged you an extra $5 to use utensils. You would feel pretty ripped off, even if the food was good. Especially when the last time you went to this chain somewhere else it was free (like every other roar nats). Might as well call it the out of town tax, cause that's essentially what it is.

The other thing with the extra practice day, is that now everyone who's going feels like they must do this in order to be up to speed, which costs an extra day off work, extra day in a hotel, extra tires, etc. It's a lot more than just $10

Maybe roar does have bigger fish to fry, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't strive to get this race right. I didn't hear or see anything about charging people for spots at pre worlds, why should this be any different?
Old 05-07-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimPotter

This is George/Steve's facility and they have to make ends meet, but ROAR sanctions the race. My comments are not of the ROAR EXCOM, they are personal. Just know that someone from the excom is aware and were looking into it.
Elaborate Tim why is it personal please do tell everyone your personal reasons
Old 05-07-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=geeunit1014;13244260]It's not the cost of charging for pit spots, it's the ridiculousness of it. I haven't heard of that at any race before. Imagine if you went out to a place to eat, but they charged you an extra $5 to use utensils. You would feel pretty ripped off, even if the food was good. Especially when the last time you went to this chain somewhere else it was free (like every other roar nats). Might as well call it the out of town tax, cause that's essentially what it is.

The other thing with the extra practice day, is that now everyone who's going feels like they must do this in order to be up to speed, which costs an extra day off work, extra day in a hotel, extra tires, etc. It's a lot more than just $10

Maybe roar does have bigger fish to fry, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't strive to get this race right. I didn't hear or see anything about charging people for spots at pre worlds,

The pre worlds was handled by the track not Roar or Ifmar
So all was included at 1 price unfortunate that the track does not get more financial support from the sanctioning body to be able to keep up with the associated cost of putting on this event
Like Tim said it's being looked into since he is the a roar Vice President but is not speaking for a Roar just personal is. B.S
Old 05-07-2014, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

Because George,

I am stating it is my personal opinion, and not the Official ROAR opinion. I cannot comment for ROAR as I am not authorized to in regards to this. But I can bring issues up with the excom.

The short of it, is that a racer brought up an issue, I voiced my personal opinion and said I would ask.

Thanks,
Tim

Mr Gee,

The issues you have outlined have been brought up as well.

Thanks,
Tim

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Elaborate Tim why is it personal please do tell everyone your personal reasons
Old 05-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

geeunit1014, if spending the extra money is an issue.....don't go! Stay home and race at our parking lot track, where the water comes up through the pavement and makes the track a swimming pool. If you want somewhere nice to play, sometimes you have to pay....
Old 05-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
geeunit1014, if spending the extra money is an issue.....don't go! Stay home and race at our parking lot track, where the water comes up through the pavement and makes the track a swimming pool. If you want somewhere nice to play, sometimes you have to pay....
FT is one of the best facilities anyone could possibly hope to race at. The surface is less than a year old, it is excellent. I don't mean to speak for George but this facility resides on the grounds of a golf course, I am pretty sure that keeping the place going is not exactly cheap. It is a very nice place to play .
Old 05-07-2014, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

I think the confusion about practice is that it is listed as ROAR practice on Wednesday which makes it seem as though it is part of the event. If there is a choice of paying $10 for practice or not having it at all, I would pay $10.

Paying for pit spaces is not new at a track with no permanent pit area. If one had to pay for something that was already there, it would be a problem.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

We've held two national events.We didnt charge extra for anything.
We tried and lookout for the racer, since they are spending alot on traveling and rooms.

Track nows what its getting into when they bid.

The track pretty much knows what it can make before they bid.

Dont bid on the race, if you dont feel your going to make enough money.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I think the confusion about practice is that it is listed as ROAR practice on Wednesday which makes it seem as though it is part of the event. If there is a choice of paying $10 for practice or not having it at all, I would pay $10.

Paying for pit spaces is not new at a track with no permanent pit area. If one had to pay for something that was already there, it would be a problem.
Rick understood but that is what Roar required us to change the flyer since they are sending officials to arrive Wednesday
We originally had the flyer listed open practice & they asked us to change it so the confusion is there doing were just doing what they requested

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.