R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #61
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
People only volunteer to help people that are friendly and helpful to them. You should keep that in mind.

Your attitude in the last few pages of this thread make me think my decision to not attempt to attend the worlds and now the nationals a very wise one.

I had a very pleasurable experience in dealing with ROAR when we hosted the carpet nationals last year and wanted to start supporting them more but not when the races are being held at the track of a combative and what appears to be hostile track owner.

Good luck to you at your event. I think you are going to need it.
+1000
f1o7x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:37 PM   #62
Tech Regular

i can hardly wait for the worlds thread to blow up in a few months.
HawaiiBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #63
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Just to help clear this up some, the Wednesday practice has been happening for the off-road nationals over the past year. I was on the excomm committee at the time when this was done. Tracks do not get rich on the national events. It 's even stated in the bid form. The committee at the time figured this would be a way to help out the track owners with some additional income if they kept the fees reasonable. Also, it was clear the committee did not want any idea that one racer had 2000 more laps than anyone else in practice. So, the original intent was for the track to have their own day of practice and then it was decided that some ROAR RMT would be sent to oversee and ensure the 2000 lap scenario did not occur. The official start for the ROAR event is practice seeding on Thursday. You do not even have to show for that either. It just means you will start qualifying in lower skilled classes and I did see pros on the off-road side where this did work out to their advantage. There is nothing secret in the contract process and probably 98% of what it entails is covered hear for reading: http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...guidelines.pdf

I am a regional director now and I have to agree with the gentlemen that mentioned the regional level is where to solve the problem. ROAR is working this aspect directly over the last month to assess this piece of the puzzle.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:06 PM   #64
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiBob View Post
i can hardly wait for the worlds thread to blow up in a few months.
Oh boy another learning experience to endure
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 04:20 AM   #65
Tech Apprentice

Ok, I can't stand it. Someone has to tell the children to grow up and play nice. At least I'm old enough to do it.

Apparently many of you have short memories. This hobby grew from throwing down 2x4s in a parking lot and spreading Coke syrup around to permanent tracks with purpose made compounds. Back in the day we gladly spent a few thousand dollars to travel to one of the hand full of purpose built tracks with our 75 sets of tires for our annual vacation. You always ran against both club racers and world champions, many times the same thing, and had a ball trading tips and secrets. Track or entry fees didn't make a budget entry compared to travel, tires, spares, or even the food bill. The only thing in common was nobody could really afford it.

Now you have spectacular tracks, an actual choice in kits, spec tires, realistic weight limits, and only need enough gear to fit on an airplane instead of a horse trailer. You are going to a destination where people routinely spend $1,000 a day to see a cartoon mouse and is consistently one of the top tourist destinations in the world. You want to argue over a $10 pit pass??!

And while you struggle to get a couple of hundred hobbyists together to enjoy their vacations together, you worry about Joe Lunchbucket crashing your party? Why don't you look around at the alternative. Not too long ago I watched the same thing happen to another hobby, tournament fishing. About the same time we all made our annual pilgrimage to The Ranch, the local club fishermen looked forward to the B.A.S.S. Circus to come to town. For $250 you could share a boat for 4 days competing against Roland Martin and Jimmy Houston on one of you local lakes. Touring pros were basically fishing bums camping in the back of their pickups and dragging around loaner boats worth more than their house. Fast forward to today and you find Corporate Fishing. You now buy a $50 ticket to sit in the bleachers and watch the touring pros come to the scales in their 100k bass boats and stand in line for.autographs. To Qualify to fish in the back of their boats, you can pitch in $1500 entry fees and quit your job to fish on one of their new qualifier tournament trails for a year or two, ( with a 2 year waiting list to get in.). And still there is only 50 or so guys that actually make a living fishing for a living. Is that really the way you want to see this hobby go?

The thing that attracted me back to this hobby was many of the wise decisions made the caretakers over the years. Spec tires, reasonable weight, affordable racing, permanent tracks, these were merely dreams back in the day. Instead of squabbling over mice nuts, be amazed at what the hobby has accomplished and enjoy the fruits.

[/rant]
PACaSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:52 AM   #66
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACaSteel View Post
Ok, I can't stand it. Someone has to tell the children to grow up and play nice. At least I'm old enough to do it.

Apparently many of you have short memories. This hobby grew from throwing down 2x4s in a parking lot and spreading Coke syrup around to permanent tracks with purpose made compounds. Back in the day we gladly spent a few thousand dollars to travel to one of the hand full of purpose built tracks with our 75 sets of tires for our annual vacation. You always ran against both club racers and world champions, many times the same thing, and had a ball trading tips and secrets. Track or entry fees didn't make a budget entry compared to travel, tires, spares, or even the food bill. The only thing in common was nobody could really afford it.

Now you have spectacular tracks, an actual choice in kits, spec tires, realistic weight limits, and only need enough gear to fit on an airplane instead of a horse trailer. You are going to a destination where people routinely spend $1,000 a day to see a cartoon mouse and is consistently one of the top tourist destinations in the world. You want to argue over a $10 pit pass??!

And while you struggle to get a couple of hundred hobbyists together to enjoy their vacations together, you worry about Joe Lunchbucket crashing your party? Why don't you look around at the alternative. Not too long ago I watched the same thing happen to another hobby, tournament fishing. About the same time we all made our annual pilgrimage to The Ranch, the local club fishermen looked forward to the B.A.S.S. Circus to come to town. For $250 you could share a boat for 4 days competing against Roland Martin and Jimmy Houston on one of you local lakes. Touring pros were basically fishing bums camping in the back of their pickups and dragging around loaner boats worth more than their house. Fast forward to today and you find Corporate Fishing. You now buy a $50 ticket to sit in the bleachers and watch the touring pros come to the scales in their 100k bass boats and stand in line for.autographs. To Qualify to fish in the back of their boats, you can pitch in $1500 entry fees and quit your job to fish on one of their new qualifier tournament trails for a year or two, ( with a 2 year waiting list to get in.). And still there is only 50 or so guys that actually make a living fishing for a living. Is that really the way you want to see this hobby go?

The thing that attracted me back to this hobby was many of the wise decisions made the caretakers over the years. Spec tires, reasonable weight, affordable racing, permanent tracks, these were merely dreams back in the day. Instead of squabbling over mice nuts, be amazed at what the hobby has accomplished and enjoy the fruits.

[/rant]
+1
Old 05-09-2014, 04:15 PM   #67
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
+1
+2
mosssman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #68
Tech Champion

http://www.roarracing.com/blog_post.php?id=2208
Race Registration is open
Old 05-21-2014, 05:01 PM   #69
Tech Champion

Default Hotel info

Just listing a couple of hotels that are close by to the track that the avg local recommends
8 min from the track racer rate call hotel directly code racetrack $49
http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/rama...ae2561889d8aX1

10 min away $39 and up
HOWARD JOHNSON INN TROPICAL PALMS KISSIMMEE
4311 W Vine St -Hwy 192, US Hwy 192 and Bass Rd., Kissimmee, FL 34746 US
Maps & Directions
Check in:After 4:00 PM
Check out:Before 11:00 AM
TripAdvisor Rating

Based On 423 reviews
Phone Numbers
Hotel email
ADA defined service animals are welcome at this hotel. Sorry, no other pets are allowed.

12 min away apartment style for family or large group
http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/supe...ae2561889d8aX2
Old 05-23-2014, 09:29 PM   #70
Tech Champion

Will be staying here for the holiday will have more info on distance from the track
This is a great facility for family vacation
http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnclubvac..._-USEN-_-discv
Fyi awesome facility if your planning to have extra family activities this is the perfect location about.30 min west of the track

Last edited by GMartinez; 05-29-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:11 AM   #71
Tech Champion

Default Pit spots

For pit spot reservations payment can be sent by paypal to [email protected]
Old 05-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #72
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I noticed that the race flyer says that you can check in a maximum of 6 sets of tires for the race. The ROAR rule does not say anything that even sounds like that.

12.4.7.5 Additional tire use (non-Oval classes):
 Drivers are limited to a maximum of four sets of tires for vehicles qualified for
triple A-Mains, and to a maximum of three sets of tires for vehicles qualified for all
single Mains.

Can someone please comment on what has been agreed upon between ROAR and the track?
Old 05-29-2014, 11:45 AM   #73
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
I noticed that the race flyer says that you can check in a maximum of 6 sets of tires for the race. The ROAR rule does not say anything that even sounds like that.

12.4.7.5 Additional tire use (non-Oval classes):
 Drivers are limited to a maximum of four sets of tires for vehicles qualified for
triple A-Mains, and to a maximum of three sets of tires for vehicles qualified for all
single Mains.

Can someone please comment on what has been agreed upon between ROAR and the track?
I don't think the rules has changed. And more specifically you can tech 3 sets then only after you make the A main can you buy and tech an additional set.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:48 PM   #74
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
I don't think the rules has changed. And more specifically you can tech 3 sets then only after you make the A main can you buy and tech an additional set.
Missed the typo your correct
Old 05-29-2014, 09:13 PM   #75
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Trying to figure out how I can join this party.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote