R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-19-2002, 09:47 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Which Electric Sedan Should I get?

I am looking for some input on which electric sedan to get;

price isn't a concern.

either
x ray t1 evo 2
speedmind daytona
losi xxx-s
kyosho kx-one
tamiya 414m
schumacher
tc3
yokomo
alex racing barracuda
ova

I will be racing stock.
Please give me any feedback on these cars and which one you think is the best.

Thanks,
Richard

Last edited by rleong; 09-19-2002 at 09:50 AM.
rleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 09:53 AM   #2
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to mrcrowbuster Send a message via Yahoo to mrcrowbuster

If you are new to sedan, get the one that the 'fast guys' at your local track are using. The learning curve will be easier that way and it should be easier to get parts at your LHS.

Good Luck!
mrcrowbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 11:28 AM   #3
TK
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My opiinon on the following cars

x ray t1 evo 2 Good car the refined a race proven design. The only problem I can see with the car is parts aviablity which can be bad when one is starting out.
speedmind daytona It is race proven because of what Hara did a couple years ago when they first released it. In the first week he had it he was int he top 3 at a Japan race.
losi xxx-s Very smooth car. Car is easy to drive and is pretty strong. Good car to get because of parts aviablity and most likely where u are racing there are a bunch of people running so u can get help.
kyosho kx-one Dont know much about this car. But I personally would stay from the car because of part avialbilty and to me it hasnt proven itself in racing. Is it capable of provening itself. Yes..but then again there isnt much info about it in the USA.
tamiya 414m Excellent car. I drive one myself. Very easy car to build and is also fast out of the box. Comes with most hop ups that are needed... Even though there is some stuff one would need to pick up for it before finishing. Bad side is parts aviablity due to the fact most distrubitos are lazy and arent putting to much effort behind it. Even though if u ever needs part u can go to www.speedworldraceway.com and they most of the parts usually in stock.
schumacher. Car is very fast out of the box. Bad side to it is the amount of adjustment that you can make. It is also a very precise car. you cant be off by much left and right or the car will act funny. Good side is that there fourm here is very active and can usually help u out with set up.. But part aviablity is kinda bad because u need to carry spares or sit out for a week while u wait for shipment from Schumacher USA
tc3 Fast car very efficent drive train. Its kinda werid car as in the driving style because most people I have seen use the point and shoot driving method which can get u into trouble later if u ever get a differnet car.
yokomo I drove the speacil since it was out and drove the worlds for a year before it. Car is a very aggresive car that is kinda easy to drive if set up. Problem with it is the heat plays havoc on the chassis and will tweak it. I would also say set up for it in the heat is lost but Mo has gotten a set up down for his speacil that is dialed.
alex racing barracudaEven more efficent then the tc3 as far as drive train. Dont know much about it....but parts aviability is another key on this one.
ova Again dont know much about this one....but I know there are multiple ones so which one are u talking about? the problem with this one is the parts aviabilty again.

Again these are my opinnion on the cars. I suggest going to the local race track that you will racing at and asking around the pits to see which car the racers like. Then u can get set up help and gearing and all the other stuff you would need without going through the mess of finding it out on your own.

TK

Last edited by TK; 09-19-2002 at 11:31 AM.
TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 11:32 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

Richard...

Are you going to race or just hop it up and sell it? I'll see you at Sheldon's someday when there is a race.
NANAKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 12:37 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Nanako,
Looking to start racing at sheldons for fun.

Lemme know what you think.

Thanks,
Richard
rleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 01:04 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Besides Japan where can one even get an Alex Racing Barracuda?
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 01:43 PM   #7
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Isaac
Besides Japan where can one even get an Alex Racing Barracuda?
hong kong
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 01:46 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Funny...

I emailed Jet Hobby trying to find out a price. Anyone know off hand how much in American dollars for the Barracuda?
Old 09-19-2002, 02:06 PM   #9
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

you can check with rc model they have all colors

www.rcmodel.com.hk/ or http://controlcentre.rctech.net

285 at rcmodel and 309 at controlcentre

Last edited by Ko Racer; 09-19-2002 at 02:09 PM.
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 03:40 AM   #10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

tamiya 414M (or M2 or the new world champ edition)
pros: easy to setup, very strong parts, shares parts with the TA04 series (a good thing if your LHS carries tamiya parts)
cons: expensive, open drivetrain (not a problem on clean tracks), may not have parts support (depending on your LHS)
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 08:46 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default My suggestions!

Get a car thats not easy to break!

Like a TAO4-R
and hop it up with whats essential.

When you hone your skills!!!!
And would like to change kit then buy the kit of your choice.

Next factor is parts support a good criteria for chosing a kit is what the racers are running at your local track since you could ask about set up tips what good and bad!
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2002, 10:34 AM   #12
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Definately a Mission Pro

I have had HPI Pro 3 a Losi XXXS and then I drove a Mission. The Mission rocks and is very durable! You dont even need to hop it up. it's sweet right out of the box.
Crah is offline   Reply With Quote