Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to forum & R/C

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New to forum & R/C

Hello all. gmorris here, new to the forum today.

I'll first start out by saying I know absolutely nothing about the R/C hobby. What led me to this forum was I saw a gas powered R/C motorcycle on eBay the other day. This caught my attention as I have raced (amatuer) motorcycles. I rode a Suz SV-650 at Nelson Ledges, if anyone cares....

I would like to know if anyone can piont me to some sites where I can learn about & maybe purchase a good R/C motorcycle. I really don't know anything about this yet, so gas or electric is fine, I guess.

Any info anyone can share about R/C motorcycles is also appreciated. I should have said I am interested in racing type bikes, i.e. crotch rockets, grand prix bikes, rice burners, what have you.

Thanks,
gmorris
Old 08-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

This is the best place for Hopups crazynutracing.com .... There are a few online retailers that sell Rc motorcycles... The choices are nimited, either the Thunder Tiger or a Nuova Faor.... There's also the Kyosho HOR which is Ok, it requires the use of micro electronics and a lot of mods to make it worthwile... I have a FM1-e and an HOR.... Some day I'm going to get a nitro bike.... You can also go over to Rcgroups.com, we have a motorcycle forum there and a lot of guys with knowledge....

I'm a retired Motorcycle cop who also likes crotch rockets, I have 3 of them although I am no longer able to ride....

If you have and RC motorcycle questions, feel free to ask....
Old 08-16-2005, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

This forum could be of use to you.

As well, these guys sanction RC Motorcycle Races.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

I forgot about the rcuniverse forum, the rcgroups is much better imo....