R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-29-2014, 10:35 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? How to spec 1/10 touring car wheels and tires?

I want to build a replica of my 2012 Mustang out of a touring car. I have found some wheels that are very similar and the specs show they are 52mm outside diameter. I'm having a hard time figuring out what tires will fit. I see so many different inside diameters. Does the tire inside diameter have to match the wheel outside diameter? Any help or clarification is appreciated.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:16 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default tires for your wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
I want to build a replica of my 2012 Mustang out of a touring car. I have found some wheels that are very similar and the specs show they are 52mm outside diameter. I'm having a hard time figuring out what tires will fit. I see so many different inside diameters. Does the tire inside diameter have to match the wheel outside diameter? Any help or clarification is appreciated.
Jeremy,

Not too sharp on metric spec but if the rims you like are 24mm or 26mm WIDE then any standard 1/10 Touring car tire will work. Now if the rims you like are a bit larger in diameter and just happen to be HPI LPSeries in widths of 29mm , 32mm , 35mm that's a different story. Are they this type of rim :
http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/3341 ?? If so, you can get HPI drift ( hard plastic tires ) only, if you want regular grippy tire in treads or slicks for the HPI LPSeries rims, you can substitude, but I got to know exactly what kind of rims you're talking about.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Looking at these wheels:

http://www.thetoyz.com/Drift-Touring...he-Toyz/17779/

And maybe these tires:

http://www.thetoyz.com/Drift-Touring...he-Toyz/17780/

or these:

http://www.thetoyz.com/Drift-Touring...he-Toyz/17780/

But, as you can see, they spec out with different inside diameters (tires). Which dimension is the "inside diameter" referring to. I would assume the "bead" area, but I guess I'm wrong? I contacted The Toyz and they said all of their 1/10 touring tires will fit those wheels. I'm just confused about the inside diameter spec.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:28 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default PERFECT !

You don't need any help, those rims should work perfectly with those tires and they look totally hot ! The price is good and I've purchased many times from Toyz, they're in the state of Washington and they ship fast. Post pics of your Mustang with the full sized one when you're done, OK ?
Old 04-30-2014, 09:51 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatslob View Post
You don't need any help, those rims should work perfectly with those tires and they look totally hot ! The price is good and I've purchased many times from Toyz, they're in the state of Washington and they ship fast. Post pics of your Mustang with the full sized one when you're done, OK ?
Ok good deal. I will definitely post pics when I'm done. I've already ordered the body, now just need to get the car lol. I'm thinking the HPI E10 Mustang will suit me just fine. Not a bad price for an rtr and I know the body will fit since it's also from HPI. Thanks for all of your help on this!