R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-20-2005, 01:59 PM   #121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Parma is limited in the 200mm class, because the few 200mm bodies they make don't work well. They are working to cure that, but until the last few years, Parma has been making equipment for the "play" end of RC. With the input of of mostly Paul C. and a few other racers they are now either making or developing stuff for the racer. Making a body that acutally works well is not always easy. Paul was only really racing carpet, so naturally the first "race" bodies they have (speed 8, then the Alfa) are good carpet bodies. They blew up the Alfa to 200mm, but it just doesn't work well as a nitro asphalt body. It does work better than their previous 200mm body the MG X20. I had been telling Parma this for a while. Paul is now running nitro so watch for something better from the people in Ohio. I guess the major point of this is to say that politics isn't always the reason why there aren't more choices.
Beg to differ a bit about the political thing. As with .12 motors with Turbo plugs, it wasn't allowed for the longest until Serpent started putting pressure on the governing body to finally allow it. As far as what is and isn't allowed by ROAR and the other governing bodies, politics will always be involved. This may be why some body manufacturers may just choose not to submit bodies because of the hassle. Just my opinion, of course.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 02:27 PM   #122
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock
Beg to differ a bit about the political thing. As with .12 motors with Turbo plugs, it wasn't allowed for the longest until Serpent started putting pressure on the governing body to finally allow it. As far as what is and isn't allowed by ROAR and the other governing bodies, politics will always be involved. This may be why some body manufacturers may just choose not to submit bodies because of the hassle. Just my opinion, of course.
I never said there isn't politics involved. That being said, I stand by everything I said. I far from know everything that goes on at Parma or anywhere else, but I do get some insight as to the happenings. I know this much. Parma has one guy that makes all the molds. For a very long time, Grave Digger was their best selling body. They sell a lot of bodies in the "basher" market. Paul C. does most of the initial testing. Paul is a carpet racer first, then a nitro racer. All of this onroad of course. He doesn't really do offroad. Notice how Parma's best bodies are for carpet? They made a newer body (Alfa 200mm) next for nitro. Nothing really happening in offroad, although they did finally make a 1/8th offroad body. I think in this case, the conspiracy theory doesn't hold up.
Old 08-20-2005, 04:11 PM   #123
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to The8BitHero

Thats all I could ever care about is how it performs. I was never a big fan of the Stratus but after I switched to it at the regular weekends on my nitro car and started winning races, the look grew on me as time went on. I personally like the look of this G6.
The8BitHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 02:05 AM   #124
Tech Adept

Be good if they would make an all purpose body of the G6.
wolfman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:13 AM   #125
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I second the motion for a all pourpose design to the G6 it looks awesome much better than the stratus
Superkarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:23 AM   #126
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I say you just take the basic design that is working and alter it according to the track/conditions it will be use on and then rebadge it as another car. Wait that's what they already do. I don't really care what the badge on the grill says, I just want a body that works. Who cares if they look like the real life conterparts, The sticker sheets takes care of that Scale bodies would be nice, but the dimentions that designer have to work with make it very difficult to do that. The CTS is probably the closeist I have seen in a long time, but it's not truely a TC class sedan.

New roar rules request; If it's a production car, it's ROAR legal. Period.

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 10:40 AM   #127
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
I say you just take the basic design that is working and alter it according to the track/conditions it will be use on and then rebadge it as another car. Wait that's what they already do. I don't really care what the badge on the grill says, I just want a body that works. Who cares if they look like the real life conterparts, The sticker sheets takes care of that Scale bodies would be nice, but the dimentions that designer have to work with make it very difficult to do that. The CTS is probably the closeist I have seen in a long time, but it's not truely a TC class sedan.

New roar rules request; If it's a production car, it's ROAR legal. Period.
Well said.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:37 PM   #128
Tech Master

Anyone know the release date for the G6 yet?

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 12:43 PM   #129
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Soon..............very soon.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:42 PM   #130
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Espo used this body last weekend at IRP ( intense raceway park ) and the body looked very solid. very impressive ...... body also looks very good too
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:19 PM   #131
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I know a coupla' guys here mentioned something about PF coming out with an 'All-purpose' G6 body and I want that too but I've been using the 'carpet' Stratus 3.0 for awhile and my car handles great on asphalt; I can hardly tell the difference except for a few body design cues...

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:10 AM   #132
Tech Master

Found on http://www.intchamps.com/racer.htm

Protoform G6 Body Available And Legal
The new body by Protoform is available here for registered IIC racers.
Protoform's Pontiac G6 is now legal for the International Indoor Championships.
To purchase the body through the IIC, send an email to [email protected] with complete shipping and credit card information. Unfortunately, we cannot accept paypal.
The cost of the body will be $26 plus shipping and handling.
These bodies will also be available for purchase at the event.
For more information on the G6, visit www.pro-lineracing.com/protoform.html

Rules Update Announcement:
10 Car Heats and Mains IFMAR Style Starts Single A Mains

Legal Body: Any IFMAR and ROAR Legal Body, including Protoform G6
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:43 AM   #133
Tech Elite

Default war paint

rcmadness have them in bunches
Attached Thumbnails
NEW Proto-form G6 Body....-picture-720.jpg   NEW Proto-form G6 Body....-picture-722.jpg   NEW Proto-form G6 Body....-picture-721.jpg  
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:28 PM   #134
Tech Addict

PROTOform G6 DECAL SHEETS

I need to explain and apologize to those who have recieved or bought the new G6 sedan body - without a decal sheet. I know it sounds like an excuse, but its actually a reason - and hey..... that all I got.
We (Proline/PROTOform) went through our usual procedure when ordering the first batch of decal sheets for this body a full 4 weeks before the body was introduced to the marketplace. Our decal supplier has never been more than a few days late in recent years. (sometimes they're even early) For reasons we do not fully understand they had gotten themselves seriously behind in production. Hence, we were one of the fictims of their delays. We even tried getting a "short run" done by another supplier, however the quality was very poor.
For those of you that are racing at the Int'l Indoor Champs in Vegas, decals are available to anyone who already has G6 bodies and would like to detail them with the proper h/lights and grills etc. Just ask at the on-site hobby shop and they will help you out. Thanks for your understanding.

Dale Epp - PROTOform Race Bodies
daleepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 02:42 PM   #135
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Dale, I hear the performance of this body is very good !... great work
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote