R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-19-2005, 08:12 AM   #106
Tech Elite

Monaro is a Holden/GM - a large 2 door coupe.

Vauxhall have been bringing them into the UK as a bit of budget muscle - 5.7 litre V8's aren't your typical British engine! Sadly they are discontinuing them here though.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:13 AM   #107
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to ThePrfctGetaway

Let's put it like this. The new Pontiac GTO being sold in the USA is basically the Holden Monaro, but with a different front fascia.
ThePrfctGetaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:22 AM   #108
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

GM should have just rebadged it and left it alone. I thought the Monaro looked fine the way it was. I on occasion watch some of the Uk racing when it is on TV and would love to have some of those cars as the street version here in the US. I personally feel the rest of the world gets the better cars and we get stuck with the US versions which are weak in comparison.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 08:58 AM   #109
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge

Vauxhall have been bringing them into the UK as a bit of budget muscle - 5.7 litre V8's aren't your typical British engine! Sadly they are discontinuing them here though.
Six Dollars plus a gallon for gas, excuse me, petrol, will do that.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 10:16 AM   #110
Tech Fanatic

Lets talk about RC cars now.....

Earlier I stated I just got a Parma Alfa. I cut it out, fit it, and I noticed it sat really high, so I made it the lowest I could make it, and it's still sitting high. Will this hurt the handling of my car? I'll get some pictures tonight after I paint it and you can see what I mean.....
Old 08-19-2005, 11:02 AM   #111
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrfctGetaway
Lets talk about RC cars now.....

Earlier I stated I just got a Parma Alfa. I cut it out, fit it, and I noticed it sat really high, so I made it the lowest I could make it, and it's still sitting high. Will this hurt the handling of my car? I'll get some pictures tonight after I paint it and you can see what I mean.....

You have a Parma Alfa cut out on the lines, and it's TALL? This is one of lowest bodies on the market, and mine is SLAMMED. When you say it's sitting high do you mean that it has a ton of clearance between the bottom of the body and the track, or that the top of the body is extremely high in relation to other bodies?

I know that some cars front shock towers won't let an Alfa drop all the way down to proper ride height because the towers are too tall. Perhaps a molded in "hump" in the hood like the Carpet Stratus 3.0 would alleviate this problem.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 11:04 AM   #112
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
You have a Parma Alfa cut out on the lines, and it's TALL? This is one of lowest bodies on the market, and mine is SLAMMED. When you say it's sitting high do you mean that it has a ton of clearance between the bottom of the body an the track, or that the top of the body is extremely high in relation to other bodies?
Clearance between the bottom and the track. There's at least a good " from the bottom of the body to the ground. The shock towers on my T1R are what's stopping it. Is this going to affect my handling?
Old 08-19-2005, 11:07 AM   #113
Tech Fanatic

I'm thinking about cutting a slit in the hood for my shock tower. Because I'm thinking my handling will decrease with the body being so high. I sware there is at least:

|
|

that much clearance. That is to scale by the way...... just use your fingers...
Old 08-19-2005, 11:08 AM   #114
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge

Monaro a GM product?! That was wierd as the typeface is pretty similar to the Mondeos from Ford.
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 11:08 AM   #115
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrfctGetaway
Clearance between the bottom and the track. There's at least a good " from the bottom of the body to the ground. The shock towers on my T1R are what's stopping it. Is this going to affect my handling?
It can marginally affect the handling. What you need is the lowered front tower that X-Ray sells. I ran that on my T1 EVO and it was perfect.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 11:10 AM   #116
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
It can marginally affect the handling. What you need is the lowered front tower that X-Ray sells. I ran that on my T1 EVO and it was perfect.
Well, I need this car to be ready for tomorrow, so theres no way I can get the lowered shock tower. And actually, in fact, I think I have the lowered one already.... If I do, and it's sitting that high, I'm either cutting a slit in the hood, or taking the body and put it on my wall with my other bodies as collectables and can collect dust. If I do put it on my shelf, I'm definitely going for the G6 then.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:49 AM   #117
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35
What, you don't have enough bodies already to try?!!!
Yeah, I know I can be rediculous sometimes, I guess that's why it's a hobby. I'll do anything (well almost) to gain an edge since my driving aint doing the job.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:57 PM   #118
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by edseb
Yeah, I know I can be rediculous sometimes, I guess that's why it's a hobby. I'll do anything (well almost) to gain an edge since my driving aint doing the job.
same for me.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:33 PM   #119
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edseb
Yeah ok, your drivin isn't doing it!!
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 01:51 PM   #120
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
Monaro a GM product?! That was wierd as the typeface is pretty similar to the Mondeos from Ford.
Yes, the Monaro is from the Australian GM division, Holden. Vauxhall is the European GM division with produce some similar looking cars to the Holden line. Very sharp looking cars that GM refuses to import to the states. Yes, the GTO is a very sorry US release of the Monaro.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote