NEW Proto-form G6 Body....

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

anybody raced the subaru body yet? http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm
Old 08-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Actually I am looking at he proposal, and all that was adjsuted was the numbers were converted into Metric ( I will take the time and double check the dimensions). There was some clarification regarding dimensions that did not matter ( because they would yeild a body that would not perform, or be concave in a spot where a normal body would be convex), but thats it. I am not sure who your are talking to, but i bet they gave you incorrect information.

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
From what I heard the dimensions Dale gave weren't adjusted, they were squashed...

So lets go with a spec type body that works.... Or lets go with scale bodies that fit our chassis's.... We're somewhere in the middle right now....

I have at least 1 of every body now, I'll be adding at least one G6 and if it works well I'll have more.... I have 5 EP TC's and 2 Nitro TC's, I always need new bodies.... Now if I can only get my 10th and 12th GTP fix I'll be set....

Last edited by TimPotter; 08-18-2005 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

uh... anyone know anymore about how this body works? I saw the press release, but what about true testing? Someone had to have a prototype or has seen one. With Vegas coming up I'd like to have other option than the Parma Alpha. How does the Stratus 3.0 carpet fair up?
Old 08-18-2005, 01:11 AM
Tech Master

I'm curious too. I tried a Parma Alfa on carpet/rubber tires and it made the car feel "sucked onto" to the track. It felt like I had too much drag. Will this body have the opposite feeling being a low-downforce shell?

Why doesn't Protoform just re-badge a Parma Alfa? Give it a different look by altering the front and rear a little bit and call it a Saab or a Volvo? If I saw the same body being sold by Protoform and Parma I'd probably buy the Protoform because they are cheaper, easier to get and have better decals.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackKat
I'm curious too. I tried a Parma Alfa on carpet/rubber tires and it made the car feel "sucked onto" to the track. It felt like I had too much drag. Will this body have the opposite feeling being a low-downforce shell?
WOW! The Parma Alpha is supposed to be a low down force body. The G6 is supposed to be the same as the Parma.How much lower do you want. I thought you guys running carpet with rubbers would be running something like a mazda 6 or stratus 3.0 because of lower traction. I know a few guys have tried to run low DF bodies on asphalt with bad results, usually the car wants to push really bad. I don't know?
Old 08-18-2005, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Actually I am looking at he proposal, and all that was adjsuted was the numbers were converted into Metric ( I will take the time and double check the dimensions). There was some clarification regarding dimensions that did not matter ( because they would yeild a body that would not perform, or be concave in a spot where a normal body would be convex), but thats it. I am not sure who your are talking to, but I am not sure they gave you the correct information.
Rumors... rumors... rumors....
Old 08-18-2005, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

After read the last couple of pages of posts since my last on this subject, the common theme here is that a small number of people are determining what bodies are run in competition. There are a lot of bodies out there, from many manufacturers, that can be run but are being left out due to whatever backroom deals being made by the sanctioning bodies of r/c racing and the manufacturers that want to stand at the forefront. Haven't anyone noticed that Protoform/Proline has reduced their body production to just a very small handful, which by the way, happen to all be legal in ROAR? HPI and Tamiya have many of bodies that should be legal but HPI is limited to just three and Tamiya don't have any on the ROAR list!! Parma has to fight for the few that they have on the list. (My whole argument is in regards to 200mm nitro only!)
Old 08-18-2005, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

JLock: nice post - wrong planet

Dale
Old 08-18-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daleepp

Dale
Hahahaha.... Dale, we need Roar legal Chevelles....
Old 08-18-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daleepp

Dale
If it is from the wrong planet, then explain why with ROAR and IFMAR, in 200mm, only a very small handful of bodies are legalized to run and it just so happens that one company dominates as far as the total number of legalized bodies that are allowed to run? Again, I have stated in other posts, if you are going to contradict a statement I make, at least explain your side, not answer with a comment/statement that brings nothing to the table.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Haven't anyone noticed that Protoform/Proline has reduced their body production to just a very small handful, which by the way, happen to all be legal in ROAR? HPI and Tamiya have many of bodies that should be legal but HPI is limited to just three and Tamiya don't have any on the ROAR list!! Parma has to fight for the few that they have on the list. (My whole argument is in regards to 200mm nitro only!)
My guess is that Protoform has limited their production of bodies to the ones that sell, and dropped the ones that have very limited sales. HPI and Tamiya aren't limited on the number of bodies legalized, they need to be submitted to be legal and since the vast majority of their sales are to non-racers, why would they spend the time or money to get them legalized. Parma doesnt have to fight for whats on the list, look at what they produce, the race type bodies they make are on the list.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jack Smash
My guess is that Protoform has limited their production of bodies to the ones that sell, and dropped the ones that have very limited sales. HPI and Tamiya aren't limited on the number of bodies legalized, they need to be submitted to be legal and since the vast majority of their sales are to non-racers, why would they spend the time or money to get them legalized. Parma doesnt have to fight for whats on the list, look at what they produce, the race type bodies they make are on the list.
Thanks Jack for pointing out some overlooked facts from my posting on this subject. But when it comes to 200mm nitro, Parma is lacking somewhat in the number of bodies that are legal.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

What else do they make that isn't legalized? I couldn't find any on their website.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

Jack Smash: Well said.

JLock: We sell "race" bodies and we're pretty serious about that aspect of the business. You have to take the time to submit bodies to ROAR, EFRA & BRCA or your bodies will simply never end up on any lists.

Dale
Old 08-18-2005, 09:22 AM
FRP
Tech Adept

Default body

it's a copy of Ride Accord body

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.