R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-17-2005, 12:17 AM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
I follow all kind of real racing. The best one is unforttunally not in car racing, but in Moto GP. Vale rules.

Btw; Jukka Steenari drives a S60R...
Nikki finally got a win. Dam Rossi is insane. I love moto racing, watching maladin (sp) is awesome. I wish I could see more F1. Can't never seem to catch the races.

Velocity R/C Magazine - vrcmag.com
Rob Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 12:24 AM   #47
Tech Master

How many of us actually follow real racing. WOAH THERE...pardon me while I go on a miniature rant here...LOL

How can someone get into R/C unless they have an attraction to actual automobiles? Did your psycologist say you needed a hobby and were toy cars the best sounding thing he had on the list? C'mon! I know there are a few buddies of mine who arn't nesscessarily into NASCAR or SCCA but theyr'e into making their full scale cars go fast and working on them as well. How can you be into this stuff and not be interested some form of full size autosport?

I got into this because I liked racing (NASCAR) and really wanted to do some of my own racing. Unfortunetely Gokarts are too expensive so R/C was the only alternative. Since "road course" was the only style of R/C offered around here I got into it and TC & 12th scale racing in turn has turned me into an avid Formula 1 & road racing fan
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 01:55 AM   #48
Tech Master

I know several strange people who have no interest in real racing at all, but still are crazy about RC.
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 03:36 AM   #49
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Team Duratrax

Is the Nemesis any good?

Whats the difference between asphalt and carpet bodies?

Sean
Team Duratrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:06 AM   #50
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
the thing about roar is it leaves to much room for inturpertation. I think that if it says "run in a touring car series" then any body that is ran in any tc class should be legal. Isn't GT a touring series? What about the JTCC? Look at it like this, if it said any body ran in a nascar series, that would mean anybody ran in a series with nascar sanctioning right? So then a truck series, bush series, or cup series would all be legal?
That's exactly the point I've been trying to make.... It seems that even when people who know bodies try to come up with Rules Roar blows them off....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKat
How many of us actually follow real racing. WOAH THERE...pardon me while I go on a miniature rant here...LOL

How can someone get into R/C unless they have an attraction to actual automobiles? Did your psycologist say you needed a hobby and were toy cars the best sounding thing he had on the list? C'mon! I know there are a few buddies of mine who arn't nesscessarily into NASCAR or SCCA but theyr'e into making their full scale cars go fast and working on them as well. How can you be into this stuff and not be interested some form of full size autosport?

I got into this because I liked racing (NASCAR) and really wanted to do some of my own racing. Unfortunetely Gokarts are too expensive so R/C was the only alternative. Since "road course" was the only style of R/C offered around here I got into it and TC & 12th scale racing in turn has turned me into an avid Formula 1 & road racing fan
I know lots of people who aren't into real cars.... No, no psychologist ever told me I needed a hobby, I got into this hobby with a cox powered car in 1976....
Old 08-17-2005, 07:22 AM   #51
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sign me up. man when I get off work i'm putting an order for one right away. What better is I own an 1:1 version, Since last Dec. The wife will have no grief about me buying a new body, especially since I just pick up an new on last week, still unpainted. all I can say is woot woot.l
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:57 AM   #52
Tech Elite

I'll be getting one as soon as I can....
Old 08-17-2005, 08:24 AM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to ThePrfctGetaway

I mean, it's a nice body, don't get me wrong here, but the roof looks TOO bubbled. But that's not going to stop me from eventually getting one..
ThePrfctGetaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 11:05 AM   #54
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock
But, ROAR did not let us run the Protoform 300M and it was a four door. We could run it at the club level but not at sanctioned races. The two-door Vauxhall Astra is raced in some TC series but is not on their list of approved bodies, but the 4-door version is. But by their rules, the Astra is legal but because it is not on their list, then it is illegal (speaking in nitro touring car racing terms). For 200mm racing, there should be a re-evaluation of the classes of cars raced and new classes with body specifications should be laid out (like Tamiya does with their TCS series).
The CTS-V is a real race car, it just didn't meet ROAR's actual class requirement. The 300M was never a RACE CAR, so it wouldn't even be considered.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 11:15 AM   #55
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
The CTS-V is a real race car, it just didn't meet ROAR's actual class requirement. The 300M was never a RACE CAR, so it wouldn't even be considered.
SCCA rules state that it should be a bonafide production street car to race in either GT or TC... Only the powerplant and seating arangement dictate which class... On those rules modified TC is not TC but GT.... I don't care what the FIA does, I don't care that the Alfa is raced in Europe, Roar is the American organization.... As long as the body meets certain scale requirements I should be able to race a 300M if I wanted to.... Matter of fact as long as a body is a scale copy of any production sedan I should be able to use it....

Dale, keep up the good work....

I'll keep stirring the Roar body rules as long as I get the opportunity.... I'd like to see this stay an authentic scale class but it's slowly going the way of Nascar....
Old 08-17-2005, 11:26 AM   #56
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
I'll keep stirring the Roar body rules as long as I get the opportunity.... I'd like to see this stay an authentic scale class but it's slowly going the way of Nascar....
I kinda like how TC body styles are going. This is beginning to look like "Prototype Sedan" because the aerodynamics are becoming more relevant than scale looks. I think this is cool, we can actually see the innovation while we drive the cars.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:06 PM   #57
Tech Fanatic

Yes, we can see the innovation BlackKat, but vtl1180ny is bringing up a point. In fact, a good one. This is slowly drifting towards how NASCAR is now. In NASCAR Nextel Cup Series, they're running the Charger, Monte Carlo, Pontiac Grand Prix (a handful), and Dodge Intrepid. Out of the 4, 3 of those are Front Wheel Drive cars. And last time I checked, NASCAR races Rear Wheel Drive cars. Ever see a RWD Intrepid? I think not. Back to R/C. I think they should allow more bodies to be ROAR legal and manuever and handle like the bodies that are ROAR approved now. But all in all I rate the looks of the new G6 body 9/10. Just looks too bubbled. Unless thats the picture and my vision is declining more than it is now.

Last edited by ThePrfctGetaway; 08-17-2005 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Made a fool of myself by saying something wrong... HAHAAHAHAH
Old 08-17-2005, 12:14 PM   #58
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrfctGetaway
Last time I looked at it, NASCAR stood for North American Stock Car Automobile Racing
Although it does nothing to prove anyones point I believe its

NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of STOCK CAR AUTO RACING
Old 08-17-2005, 12:17 PM   #59
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKat
Although it does nothing to prove anyones point I believe its

NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of STOCK CAR AUTO RACING
Shit, really?! I just made an ass out of myself! Sorry guys.. hahahhaha
Old 08-17-2005, 12:35 PM   #60
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrfctGetaway
Shit, really?! I just made an ass out of myself! Sorry guys.. hahahhaha
Its alright...LOL

I, personally like the "Sedan Proto-typish" look but I can see where guys are comming from with the whole issue. If you are worried about the direction its going in, get a GT class started at your track. Agree on a list of bodies you guys can run & what motor/tires to use and you have a pretty cool class there.