Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent S411 Eryx 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default X-hard arms

Anyone try the new x-hard arms on carpet yet? Any feed back?
Old 12-23-2014, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
I just got them from serpent and will put them on when I get to the other track in my area that has the high bite traction. the track I have been at lately is mid to low traction.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hi guys. I was just looking at Fischers latest carpet setup here: http://www.serpent.com/file.php?FileID=6101

Anybody know what the Blue springs he was running were? Can't be serpent blues as those are seriously hard for foam gas cars (5.8/33).
Old 01-12-2015, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

I would be surprised, if its not the yokomo blue spring!
BTW: Would like to know, which shocks he has used. At the German nats (asphalt) he used long types and high shock towers. But propably on carpet they use the short stock shocks.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Worst87
I would be surprised, if its not the yokomo blue spring!
BTW: Would like to know, which shocks he has used. At the German nats (asphalt) he used long types and high shock towers. But propably on carpet they use the short stock shocks.
Thanks. Had a feeling! What length are the yokomo springs?

The original 411 had the longer shocks and towers like the 747 nitro car so I guess it was these. The trend at the moment seems to be going back to the longer shocks on asphalt. Even in 200mm nitro classes this is true.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I don't know the exact length of the yokomo springs, but they are just short enough to work with the short shocks. You can probably get the ride height down to 4.5 to maybe 4.0 before you run out of thread adjustment on the shock body.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Any of you guys watched the 3rd A main at the DHI cup? Do any of you guys who watched it agree with the penalty handed down to Marc Fischer on that last lap? It seemed like all race long whenever there was a small gap, he did everything he could to make sure he stayed clean, but the final attempt seemed really close to being fair. I know that I have seen bigger crashes between passes that were not penalized at other races. I am not angry, just wanted to know if anyone saw it live, and their reactions to it. Nice run Marc!

Steve
Old 01-12-2015, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Yokomo Pink is one of the tallest springs that's also somewhat stiff (15.2ish lbs/in)you can run with the new shock collars and get 5mm ride height.

Everything either softer or shorter works

Chicky was playing around with the tall shock combo a couple months ago on carpet and said it made a bit more grip and allowed the car to roll over a lot, but it was too much for really high bite.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Les
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Diff

Wondering if front diff with heavy oil or spool is best for medium traction asphalt, also which spool is best the one with mono blades or metal/metal ?

Cheers
Old 01-12-2015, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Les
Wondering if front diff with heavy oil or spool is best for medium traction asphalt, also which spool is best the one with mono blades or metal/metal ?

Cheers
I'd use the spool with blades. I personally think the metal/metal spool tears up driveshaft pins too easily. Serpent's blades are cheap enough to replace occassionally.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Any of you guys watched the 3rd A main at the DHI cup? Do any of you guys who watched it agree with the penalty handed down to Marc Fischer on that last lap? It seemed like all race long whenever there was a small gap, he did everything he could to make sure he stayed clean, but the final attempt seemed really close to being fair. I know that I have seen bigger crashes between passes that were not penalized at other races. I am not angry, just wanted to know if anyone saw it live, and their reactions to it. Nice run Marc!

Steve
I watched and I don't think he intentionally took him out. I think they made the right call considering the situation. They don't have a replay. I think the announcer made it out to be worse by his statement at the end. Ultimately I think that is what influenced the judges the most.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:32 PM
Les
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cwoods34
I'd use the spool with blades. I personally think the metal/metal spool tears up driveshaft pins too easily. Serpent's blades are cheap enough to replace occassionally.
Thanks Mate, appreciate your opinion !!!!
Cheers & Happy Racing
Old 01-14-2015, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

It's been a while since there was activity here then bam it's going off for a few days then quiet again. Probably cos no one is really having any issues except for leaking shocks been reading people's issues on the face book group. Only just found that the other day and I'm a semi regular user of FB :/

Anyway thought id post up a pic of our club 13.5 blinky championships podium. I came 2nd out of around 25 competitors this season. Pretty stoked as there was strong competition in the top 10. There were a few early rounds where it was purely stock drivers but they dropped mod during the season and the remaining mod drivers ran stock. Got my butt kicked by my mate Stu's son Jack who has been a very good target to chase and my racing has improved a lot this season. He is running mod this season Still tough at the top.

One of my other friends has been using my spare car as he was having dramas with his HB TCX. He picked up a consistent second in pace on our old track and has been vigorously crash testing with me these last few weeks as we changed layouts and incorporated an unused back straight. I had a couple of really bad accidents at speed and have damaged the motor mount and chassis on my latest kit. He has broken more arms and hubs than I have all year. I've elongated the holes where the motor mount attaches at the front and on the left motor mount side. The car is permanently tweaked by around 4 turns of the shock collar. I'm going to bin it and I've ordered a new kit I'm going to run my old 2.0 hard carbon and see how that feels with all the lw bulk heads while I wait for new kits to come in stock at my dealer.

Lastly Thanks to Walter Rc for their support in 2014. Looking forward to an exciting 2015.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent S411 Eryx 3.0-image.jpg  
Old 01-15-2015, 10:56 PM
Les
Tech Addict

I am thinking of purchasing the Serpent, wondering if an updated kit might be in the pipeline!!!!!!

Last edited by Les; 01-16-2015 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Racing
Old 01-16-2015, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Iīve tried them on a medium grip carpet track. Couldnīt really feel any difference. If anything they feel a little bit more direct on the track. They are super stiff and a little bit lighter than hard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.