R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Default Josh Cyrul signs with Speedmerchant?

Hey all: Just saw this on their site and am thinking nice signing for them. So does this mean he's given up on his CEFX brand? Thanks

http://www.teamspeedmerchant.com/news.html
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I lost track of how many manufacturers he has been running for the past few years.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:19 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
Hey all: Just saw this on their site and am thinking nice signing for them. So does this mean he's given up on his CEFX brand? Thanks

Definitely a good move in their part. He tq'd/won all his 1/12th classes last week at the MHIC as well as his WGT and TC class. So id say its a great move on both their parts.

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #4
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post

This happened over a week ago. He TQ'd and won every pan car class at the Mile High Race as Jerz posted.

CEFX and the rights to it was sold long ago to Viper. They own the rights to that name and also to all the designs I believe.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:40 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
This happened over a week ago. He TQ'd and won every pan car class at the Mile High Race as Jerz posted.

CEFX and the rights to it was sold long ago to Viper. They own the rights to that name and also to all the designs I believe.

EA
EA is correct. CEFX is no longer property of Mr. Cyrul. All remaining parts, and intellectual property are now owned by Viper.
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Based on the picture posted on SpeedMerchant's website, I'm seeing a suspiciously Cyrul-like rear pod on his Rev 8. Can we expect some design input from Josh over the next few months and some of that goodness made available to us mere mortals in time for next fall?

The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store.
Stand it like a man, and give some back. --Al Swearengen
PutAwayWet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:30 PM   #7
Tech Master

My former company was sold last year and before the 2013 Carpet Nats I was terminated from the company. However, the arrangement was for the company name and new design. It doesn't include the old designs so everything old is still mine.

However, I'm not interested in making cars or racing without a team of racers to work with. When Bruce offered to work with me and help me out I figured it would be a great opportunity and Denver would be a perfect race to try things out. The race went unbelievably well and working with Bruce was simply awesome. I couldn't have dreamed of a better first race so we are going to continue work together to try and improve over the coming months for the 2014/2015 season but most importantly for the World Championships.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post
My former company was sold last year and before the 2013 Carpet Nats I was terminated from the company. However, the arrangement was for the company name and new design. It doesn't include the old designs so everything old is still mine.

However, I'm not interested in making cars or racing without a team of racers to work with. When Bruce offered to work with me and help me out I figured it would be a great opportunity and Denver would be a perfect race to try things out. The race went unbelievably well and working with Bruce was simply awesome. I couldn't have dreamed of a better first race so we are going to continue work together to try and improve over the coming months for the 2014/2015 season but most importantly for the World Championships.
I volunteer my services as a test driver to help with setups!!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey Josh ,

Want to wish you and Team Speedmerchant the best off Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul View Post

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:24 AM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Josh, you have a PM.
davidl is offline   Reply With Quote