R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-16-2014, 03:11 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
What's the best? One you already have or one you can get for free. Spend the $200 on something else to go fast, like tires or track time.
Are you still looking for the DUO motors? I have both the 17.5 and 13.5 Express motors in my box.

Your comment makes it sound like I'm a noob asking a silly question.
I have good equipment and the car handles great. Just wondering if my ESC was contributing to my lack of power. I am accustomed to running mod or boosted classes. With the RROC coming up, I want to make sure I'm not leaving anything else on the table. I have been running the same ESC's for a few years now and was wondering if there was a preference for Stock Spec use. If the consensus is that they are all the same, then I got my answer... Still getting something new regardless. Can't have too many ESC's around considering all the different classes I run from time to time.
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 03:13 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

There is no best speedy in blinky, each have a different feel, more/less brakes etc. Those guys that are ahead of you in your club that use a HW, give them another speedy and they will still be in front. Focus more on track time and driving, more so what speedy you will run.

I've tested 3 speedies in blinky. Orion, HW, and Nosram. Found each had a different feel to it but lap times and overall run time didn't change at all.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:48 PM   #33
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01 View Post
There is no best speedy in blinky, each have a different feel, more/less brakes etc. Those guys that are ahead of you in your club that use a HW, give them another speedy and they will still be in front. Focus more on track time and driving, more so what speedy you will run.

I've tested 3 speedies in blinky. Orion, HW, and Nosram. Found each had a different feel to it but lap times and overall run time didn't change at all.
This is sort of the advice I was looking for. Just some info from those who have tried them all or at least some of them and have definitive results. since I have been running the same for a few years, I wasn't sure If I was behind the curve. If someone said " I have found that XYZ speedo is so much better than the rest" I would have to try it out. Most folks have actually said "they are all basically the same" so keep working at it... so I will.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:07 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

If your used to racing mod/boost classes, that may be part of the issue. 17.5 spec drives completely different. You cant drive the car the same. Spec racing is alot more fluid. Its not heavy brake/power to the next corner. The fast drivers cars are prob set-up different and dont scrub nearly as much speed through the corners. They are already carrying speed on exit so acceleration seems that much faster. Im sure your a good driver but its going to take a bit of track time to get it right.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:10 PM   #35
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
If your used to racing mod/boost classes, that may be part of the issue. 17.5 spec drives completely different. You cant drive the car the same. Spec racing is alot more fluid. Its not heavy brake/power to the next corner. The fast drivers cars are prob set-up different and dont scrub nearly as much speed through the corners. They are already carrying speed on exit so acceleration seems that much faster. Im sure your a good driver but its going to take a bit of track time to get it right.
Thanks for the clearer picture. I have been working on that aspect with my F1 and WGT cars. I'm getting better but still need more track time as so many have pointed out.