Community
Wiki Posts
Search

speed control not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default speed control not working

I am getting back into the rc car world again after not using my cars for about 10 years. I built a 1/10 scale road car with a novak 410-M5 speed contro, Airtronics 2 Ch Receiver, Kyosho Superstock 20 motor. I built this car about 10 years ago but never used it until about a month ago. It ran fine but the steering servo turned the opposite way. I went to use it today and the light on the speed control goes on but I can't get any power to the motor or the steering servo. The wires are all hooked up correct.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

not too be a smart azz but if the steering does not work also something isnt wired right
Old 08-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Tech Master

I think most propably is a connection problem. Or either that,your electronics are too old.Electronic components do have a 'life spend'.

Maybe you have friends that can lend you some of their electronics and troubleshoot from there.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:56 AM
Tech Addict

Check what Ben C suggested. Here are some more ideas. Did you turn on the radio? Or is it fully charged? I know it sounds stupid, but if you knew how often I've seen stupid mistakes. And the battery in the car might be discharged, it might have just enough charge to show light but not enough to drive motors.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks

thanks for your help guys. I will try your ideas.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:09 AM
Tech Rookie

One thing I forgot to mention before was that when I switched the connectors going into the speed control the motor would work when I used the wheel on my remote control. The more I turned the wheel the more the motor excellereted. I don't know if that helps at all.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If it works when turning the wheel, now try putting your steering servo into channel 2 of your receiver. Does it turn as you pull the trigger? If not, then something's wrong with the transmitter or the receiver's 2nd channel.

If that works, then there should be no reason you couldn't swap them back (Servo Ch. 1, ESC Ch. 2) and have them work. Check that the wiring is in the right order in the connectors (black/red/signal), as I've sometimes mixed them up as well when reassembling them.