Like Tree126Likes

Tamiya TB Evo 6

Reply

Old 07-22-2019, 01:00 PM
  #2686  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Grafenau Germany
Posts: 4
Default

I tried to attach some pictures, but till now I have not enogh post to do so...
EvoTreiber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:08 PM
  #2687  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Grafenau Germany
Posts: 4
Default

@ Tom
Do you think it is worth to go for the new light joints and cups?
I'm a bit afraid if it holds, I already damaged 2 Exotek lightweight spools. But I'm only going 17,5 wich should be ok I guess.
EvoTreiber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:08 AM
  #2688  
Tech Addict
 
Tom1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Munich
Posts: 526
Default

Originally Posted by EvoTreiber View Post
@ Tom
Do you think it is worth to go for the new light joints and cups?
I'm a bit afraid if it holds, I already damaged 2 Exotek lightweight spools. But I'm only going 17,5 wich should be ok I guess.
I've no long term experience with the new cups. But I think new blades, which are thicker and harder material, should hold better, than the old white ones. Light weight joints are no problem (13.5).
Tom1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:39 PM
  #2689  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (91)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 5,124
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Still running mine with the 1st gen Exo Six. No issues, running full exotek, including the new motor mount. Running white blades. Am wanting to try boiling them ala what we did with fragile 1/8 arms.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:15 PM
  #2690  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (9)
 
rc_square24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 813
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
Still running mine with the 1st gen Exo Six. No issues, running full exotek, including the new motor mount. Running white blades. Am wanting to try boiling them ala what we did with fragile 1/8 arms.
Does the Exotek gen2 motor mount bolt directly to the gen 1 chassis?
rc_square24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:55 PM
  #2691  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (91)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 5,124
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Yes it does no problems at all. MikeR was super helpful prior to running the new mount in reasuring its fit. I would recommend it.
rc_square24 likes this.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:54 PM
  #2692  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 39
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Thinking of of picking up one of these to run vta on low grip asphalt.. Iíve read through some, but not all of the pages.. would this car need any additional upgrades out of the box for that application?
dirtchambers is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 10:30 AM
  #2693  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (66)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,795
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dirtchambers View Post
Thinking of of picking up one of these to run vta on low grip asphalt.. Iíve read through some, but not all of the pages.. would this car need any additional upgrades out of the box for that application?
nope. Itís a perfect car for VTA
Raman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 05:28 AM
  #2694  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 290
Default

The car is good the way it is.... Of course, if you really want, EXO-SIX conversion....
zxcvb1t is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:18 PM
  #2695  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (91)
 
1/8 IC Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: North America & Europe
Posts: 5,124
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Is great, you cant go wrong with any of the recent TB series. Mine is a Tank am not missing out much compared to the Awes....
Nicadrauspro4 likes this.
1/8 IC Fan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:05 AM
  #2696  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
eevul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 571
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I recently picked up a used TB Evo 06 MS for my son. Any good starting setups for black carpet out there? Aluminum chassis our carbon for black carpet? Will be running 21.5 scale spec.
eevul is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:41 PM
  #2697  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (66)
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,795
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by eevul View Post
I recently picked up a used TB Evo 06 MS for my son. Any good starting setups for black carpet out there? Aluminum chassis our carbon for black carpet? Will be running 21.5 scale spec.
aluminium for carpet. My set up is for VTA, so Iíll let someone else chime in
rippen likes this.
Raman is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service