Wiki Posts
Search

XRC "Please do a touring car shootout for carpet"

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default XRC "Please do a touring car shootout for carpet"

Your mag rocks, I have not read one artical that show any favortism toward any company, your attention to detail and the depth that your mag display is unreal. I want to see how the RDX stacks up against the Xray, Pro4, Losi, and the TC4 FT when that come out
Old 08-09-2005, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah-and you guys can do it at the Gate!!! Live webcam up for the duration of the test-I can see it now......
Old 08-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, and Ray has owned all of those cars (twice maybe!) so he can give you good feedback
Old 08-09-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by John Fontaine
Yeah, and Ray has owned all of those cars (twice maybe!) so he can give you good feedback

Crap-your right-I have owned/tested/sold all of them, but still own the Losi and RDX.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Tech Addict

Xtreme RC is good, ok. But have you seen how much Xtreme RC charges for international shipping? 60$ for each year. No friendly way does it cost them 5 dollars extra to ship each mag, I mean it's already bagged and marked for USA distribution and it's not free to ship within USA, this is on top of that cost. 3 year subscription goes from 60$ to 240$. How can they convince themselves it's fair price? They can keep the magazine at that price. Have you ever heard the term "Pricing yourself out of the market"? And you're complaining that RCCATCE is ripoff at 5.99$

Last edited by andsetinn; 08-09-2005 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The 1/8 buggy shootout was actually really good. I especially liked it since I don't race 1/8, but it seemed like they really were thorough and honest.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by andsetinn
Perhaps you should read more issues. Even if XRC is one of the least damaged apples in the barrel I still see some brown spots on it.
Nothings perfect in this world! XRC is the best. The corally is the real deal now, I'm sure they will include the corally in next shoot out.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

I thought they did an excellent job with the first ep touring shootout. They hit the nail on the head with the Pro4 and Xray. Only thing that got me was that didn't the two cars that made it to the final, win the KO race and the Reedy race? That means they had the best setups already. Still, I usually just read the ep car reviews to see how durable the cars and how much modding they need.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I wish RDX was more readily available, unfortunately I had to sell out and get a T1FK05

I think XRC is the best magazine out there. RC Car Action is a cute read but nothing compared to XRC. I would love to see someone do a shoot out on the 1/10 touring cars.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

It would be Nice to see a New Shootout with all the New and Current Cars that are out there, and not to mention Rubber and Carpet, but i think there may be a Problem especially in California, where there aint much Carpet to Race on, and not to mention the cost to take a team and go to a Carpet facility and run for Days to do a report, which may be quite pricey, not to mention days out of the office, if the location wasnt very local...

Shane care to Add to this one..

im a bit of a distance away, and i have NO SAY!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can use our facility anytime, hell mention my name as a test driver in your mag and i'll put your whole crew up for the weekend. keep on printing xrc
Old 08-09-2005, 07:47 PM
R/C Tech Founder

It's funny, it was only a year ago that we did our 9-car TC shootout, and already all but one of the nine cars have been replaced with a new version.

I would love to work out a carpet shootout for sure, but it would be a logistical nightmare for us. Getting a shootout of that magnitude together is already difficult enough, but to have to throw travel into the mix, plus transporting our equipment... uggh.

Hopefuly a carpet track will open up somewhere near SoCal and we can get it done. Failing that, I dunno. I know we'd all love to do one though, and I'm sure it will happen at some point, especially given the popularity of carpet racing right now.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Shane - Isn't there time to perform a shoot-out between snowbirds practice sessions??

BTW - Thought you were starting a carpet track in socal.. That didn't pan out?
Old 08-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jamescam
I wish RDX was more readily available, unfortunately I had to sell out and get a T1FK05

I think XRC is the best magazine out there. RC Car Action is a cute read but nothing compared to XRC. I would love to see someone do a shoot out on the 1/10 touring cars.
Dude....... you obviously didn't look at all for an RDX. They are readily available. If you could not find one order one directly from CorallyUSA. Every kit is in stock and available. Sorry if one wasn't locally available but they are around.

Jeff
Old 08-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John Fontaine
BTW - Thought you were starting a carpet track in socal.. That didn't pan out?
iT TAKES A SMALL FORTUNE TO GET A NICE SPOT BUt carpet would be nice here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.