R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-10-2005, 09:49 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Good Charger?

Is this a good charger for the price http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/350360.asp
its thePro Max Black Widow AC/DC Peak NiMh/NiCd Charger 4-7 cells
T3MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:00 PM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to josh69162

For the price, yes. For the batteries, no. You really want a good charger, you pay spend more money up front, but you will get better performance and more life out of your batteries. I've seen a few Novak Milleniums on this site, used for 60-70 bucks. That is the best charger for that price, bar none. Stay away from cheap chargers!
-Josh
josh69162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:50 PM   #3
Tech Master

Batteries are expensive stuff...You would like a good reputatable charger so that its don't undercharge or worst over charges and damage your expensive cells.If you're into this hobby for a long period to come,invest in a good chargeer would benefit in the long run.
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 07:48 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh69162
For the price, yes. For the batteries, no. You really want a good charger, you pay spend more money up front, but you will get better performance and more life out of your batteries. I've seen a few Novak Milleniums on this site, used for 60-70 bucks. That is the best charger for that price, bar none. Stay away from cheap chargers!
-Josh
Boy is this exactly right, save a few more dollars & buy better. I made the mistake of buying a cheaper charger years ago. I am now kicking myself because I see a decrease in some of my batteries. You don't need to spend several hundred to get a good charger either. This charger is suppose to be really good. http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/701803.asp I have bought lesser quality stuff to start with. I am now working hard to get better quality stuff.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 08-11-2005, 08:41 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to josh69162

I think this saying fits R/C perfectly- You buy cheap, you buy twice. Wicked is right- the Ice charger is supposed to be THE BEST charger for the money. I highly recommend that charger, or if you don't want to save up that long, pick up a second hand Millenium on this forum. Both are outstanding chargers that get the job done.
-Josh
josh69162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:05 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh69162
I think this saying fits R/C perfectly- You buy cheap, you buy twice. Wicked is right- the Ice charger is supposed to be THE BEST charger for the money. I highly recommend that charger, or if you don't want to save up that long, pick up a second hand Millenium on this forum. Both are outstanding chargers that get the job done.
-Josh
I am buying twice & it is a pain. Back then I was in school more money for me less bills. I have a millenium & a millenium pro I love both. I have a few friend with the duratrax ice & the digital charger. They are still using them on a weekly basis & really like what they bought. Integy(Indi) has a nice $100.00 charger. Same look & features as the duratrax digital(Got the look from Indi).

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 08-11-2005, 09:16 AM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

for the more top end i use lrp pulsar 2, but then what about the new orion advantage? looks really nice. for the super top end, the futaba charger is simply the best

Ryper Hobbies l AKA | AE
tony2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:44 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default T3MAN

T3,
like what the rest have said, save a couple of bucks and buy a GOOD charger!!!

I went thru chargers like crazy! Because I wanted a charger that you just plug in an outlet!!!

LRP QUADRA-Fried my packs like ther is no tomorrow!!! 4 monts

NOVAK IONIC: better than the QUANDRA in all aspects but no punch since it only charge at 4amps 3 moths

REEDY QUASAR: No Comment- was a good all around charger 1 year

Finally Decided that our outlet power here is erratic and I have to go get a power supply!!!!

I'm now using LRP Pulsar and Much More, but like the Much more even better!!!
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:11 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

imho - it is hard to beat the Orion Advantage charger for the price and it is a high end charger for sure
Old 08-12-2005, 05:52 PM   #10
Tech Regular

I would go with a pulsar 2 I have one and it does everthing. But it is alot more expensive than the black widow. Then again in this hobby you get what you pay for.
RCTY53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:18 PM   #11
Tech Adept

The Supernova Competition is a great charger, easy to use which is good, as i'm new to the world of R/C electric.
wolfman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 06:51 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic

Default Muchmore cell master

Team Much*More cell master!
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote