GM V12 Setup

Old 08-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Default GM V12 Setup

May be buying a used GM V12 esc, does anyone have a pdf of the setup of anything like that?
Old 08-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can find one here

Nick
Old 08-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i run this ESC. Do your self a favor and read the instruction about 5 times. Set up is not impossible but its more involved and complex then most others..

Just remeber your looking for flashes to indicate which row from top to bottom and then flashes indicating the value on an each row.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:48 AM
Tech Regular

Its very confusing to understand, it talkes of the v12r only and doesnt sate abut the normal v12 but shows a v12 picture. i dont think ill buy the speedo now as it very confusing and coz its from germany Id never get it fixed if it broke.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

ya the manual for the r and the worlds is the same. Its not that bad once u get used to it. Just dont worry about reverse Kind of like a a futaba 3pj once u memorize the manual you can navigate quickly

made in germany should not stop you. Horrizon hobbies is the north american distributor. The do all warrantly claims, and i have had to use them on the 4v and once on a v12. Also i wanted a new case this winter and they sent me one for free. I have been running my v12 for 3years or more without problems. I own an atom and gt7 and i always reach for my v12 to put in new kits

Its a kick azz speedo, and even hara has one with his name on it
Old 08-14-2005, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

I dont live in north America so that'd be a problem.
Its gonna be second hand IF i get it.
If its already broke on you thats kinda worrying.
The manual is very confusing and unspecific to the model
Old 08-14-2005, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

actually the v12 i have now is 3+years old and has never had a problem. Its the v12wxc. I had one of the very first versions go in for repair(the onse with solderless connections-bullet plugs) all the newer stuff solder wires to the esc direct.

Anyway i would steer clear of the sport v3 and v4 those i saw blow alot. But i can say the v12 is a safe buy.

The manual is universal to do v8 and v12, if you read it over its not that bad. Your first selecting a setting with the flashing lights then selecting that settings value with the next set of flashing lights. Once you have the unit and manual you'll get it programmed in 5 minutes the first time out.

Anyway sounds like im the one trying to sell u the esc! LOL Anyway good luck.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

No its not new, its use WITHOUT a manual thats why i wanted one. I may buy it, Ill have to see, thx for the help anyway