Community
Wiki Posts
Search

are there any hop-ups for my sport2 PLEASE READ

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2001, 08:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Default are there any hop-ups for my sport2 PLEASE READ

well i just finished building my sport2. iuse it just to mess with my friends. i got a trinity 2400 battery,reedy 9 turn triple and a novak dually esc. i wanna make my car faster. what u recomend. if i got a better pinion and spur gear would i be a lil bit faster. i mean i know i wouldnt notcie but i beat my friend by 2 cars everytime. if i get a better spur gear and pinion to go with my faster motor will i beat him by alot more or what. what kinda pinion and spur gear u reccoment forthe motor i am useing(9 turn triple) also any other mods i should get tomake my car faster. thats all i want. also i cant grip my tires at all on the black top around my house. i got these slicks that came with the kit. and they dont grip at all. i just spin outta controll. what tires are the bes for these kinda conditions. should i just look for some that have alot of grip or tire tred. thanx guys
Old 10-04-2001, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

hmm drag racing? No idea what gearing for your car, though if u gear higher it could go faster, to a certain extent though, where if heat comes into play it could actually be slower. Also, u could try gearing lower, the extra acceleration could help.

Tires wise that will depend on the time of day & track conditions. E.g. using sorex 36 @ 10pm it definitely won't have much traction (at least with a 9t mod motor imho) and get tons of wheelspin. sorex 28 @ 1pm noon won't help either, the tires wears damningly fast and won't have much traction either way.

If it's a track ask around what tires the other ppl are using. Else choose something close to the temperature you're running at.

HTHs....

Alvin
Old 10-04-2001, 01:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Default ok thanx alot

u have any clue what a new pinion and spur gear combo is going to cost me. peace
Old 10-04-2001, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

if I am not mistaken, last I bought a 64 pitch spur gear (112T) it ran me S$8, the pinion it self is around S$9 I think so it won't really cost too much unless u want the whole range
Old 10-04-2001, 08:54 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm assuming you are still using the stock spur and pinion of 87 and 28 tooth.

You might want to try getting a much smaller pinion - 22 tooth. You will notice a significant improvement in acceleration.

Also, with a 9 turn motor remember to have your comm cut after about 15-20 runs.