R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #46
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to racer034life

I've already said no to a Xray...they want a million dollars for a set of arms. The tcxx looks nice but i want the updated kit
Old 04-10-2014, 08:54 AM   #47
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
I've already said no to a Xray...they want a million dollars for a set of arms. The tcxx looks nice but i want the updated kit
I don't dispute that the arms are comparatively more expensive. I used to drive a Xray T3 whereas now I drive a BD7 2014. The cost for a pair of graphite arms for the BD7 is cheaper, but I break them 2 or 3 times more frequently. Despite what people may say, even Xray arms can be broken. Trust me, I've done it enough times. However, it really does happen a LOT less.
Colbynobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbynobo View Post
I don't dispute that the arms are comparatively more expensive. I used to drive a Xray T3 whereas now I drive a BD7 2014. The cost for a pair of graphite arms for the BD7 is cheaper, but I break them 2 or 3 times more frequently. Despite what people may say, even Xray arms can be broken. Trust me, I've done it enough times. However, it really does happen a LOT less.
+1 xray parts are not unbreakable, but they take a fair bit more of a smack before they go and take longer to develop slop. Most people would very likely spend less over the course of a season running an xray than other cheaper cars.
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #49
Tech Regular

Have you thought about a serpent? I recently have been running one. Very solid, handles as good as my xray, and parts are a lot cheaper then brand x. Just like with any kit, there are option parts that could benefit you, for example hard plastics. DCJs are sold in a pair, already built with heat shrink for barely more then one brand x.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

I will agree with locked, I have run with him and his xray is amazing and has rarely broken anything, at the same track, my tamiya kept breaking the c hubs, and swing shafts bending, went to a serpent and same thing, built a durango, and hated the plastic quality, so traded it for an xray, the cost is a little high to begin with but will even out in the long run
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #51
SH
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You can't blame any particular brand if you keep breaking...morale of the story is stop hitting stuff then look at what car it is you want.
SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #52
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH View Post
You can't blame any particular brand if you keep breaking...morale of the story is stop hitting stuff then look at what car it is you want.
Agree. If your driving skill is not good enough, you will keep breaking things no matter what car you drive.
::Your Local Dealer for::VBC Racing::BittyDesign::Team Powers::ArrowMax::Blitz Bodies::R1 Wurks::Trinity RC::Team Zombie Batteries::and more...
sashimi999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I agree when I raced the 416WE broke each week at times ( I was still learning how to setup car and driving ) I was looking at Spec R but they guy importing to Aussie never contacted me back even though my name was on a list.

The importer of TOP races at our club so bought the EX I have found that when I do changes it showed on the track and my driving has improved back before I swapped I was up 2 laps behind know .5 behind which is driving, in over a year I only have broken about 2 things and it also helps when the Rod helps all top guys with advice and is a nice guy.

I have purchased a VBC after reading and like the look and quality as I would like to try another car as well.

Noel
Daughter - VBC Racing - Spektrum DX3S - Hobbywing
Richards Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #54
Tech Master

just buy a xray tons of parts and options, amazing after market support as well so no need to buy expensive oem parts, lol, just like the real deal, you buy a ferrari you get a ferrari, you buy a kia you get a pos, I traded a brand new durango to get a used xray, but could not be happier, and I have had tamiya all of them, top racing, vbc, arc, serpent, hb, durango, yokomo and I have to say xray is has the best quality and is the easiest to drive
Old 04-10-2014, 05:15 PM   #55
Tech Master

Quote:
even the best of drivers will hit something, no body is perfect
Old 04-11-2014, 02:17 AM   #56
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
That's a fair call

I have raced only Tamiya since their first onroad cars came out in the 90s, but last year made the switch to xray

We can't all like the same things

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote