R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The 13.5 being removed is a joke. That motor was supposed to remain approved and the 10.5 being made illegal by EFRA never made since because it was never sent to them to be approved
thisguy2849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Round 2 of the Trinity vs ROAR Stoush imminent ?
Old 04-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #33
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Come on guys, stop whining already !!! We know why you've won so many races....lol... No more d3.5 period !!!!
They should have everybody running Novak motors, just like VTA !!! LoL.... No more trophies for EA, Larry, MikeXray, etc....., ahahahah....

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 04-01-2014 at 07:44 PM.
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #34
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Come on guys, stop whining already !!! We know why you've won so many races....lol... No more d3.5 period !!!!
They should have everybody running Novak motors, just like VTA !!! LoL.... No more trophies for EA, Larry, MikeXray, etc....., ahahahah....
And if you think Motors are going to slow Larry and others down your just downright foolish. And FYI one of my races was won with an ORCA motor against Revtechs and many other brands.

There are plenty of other good motors on the market and this shouldnt be a shock. Everyone knew it was coming. The R1 is a great motor, ORCA, TS Motor is now out, Reedy is still running pretty good as well in most classes.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:25 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The 13.5 is a suprise to me. Now I gotta find yet another motor.

Swift Racing Services, LLC.
JDC Motorsports
Boostinswifty38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:35 PM   #36
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
lol, guess my time is up.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #37
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Water is wet.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #38
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Water is wet.
Sandpaper is rough....
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Like EA said, there are plenty of fast 17.5 motors out there capable of keeping up with the D3.5. Get over it already, it has been over a year since this stuff started.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:23 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertcooper88 View Post
Like EA said, there are plenty of fast 17.5 motors out there capable of keeping up with the D3.5. Get over it already, it has been over a year since this stuff started.
The issue isn't the 17.5, its the 13.5 motors. There was no warning with these that they were going to be banned. For us down here (Australia), many people have just jumped ship to them, or stocked up on them for the year. On smaller tracks most the motors are on par, its on our larger tracks you notice how much faster the D3.5 in 13.5 really is.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:26 PM   #41
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Go buy one of the new Team Powers motors, or R1Wurks. My R1 is as fast, or faster than my D3.5 was. Besides, Trinity only bought time from ROAR to raise the ban because they said the D4 would be out in the first quarter. That's why ROAR made them illegal again in March.
Pittsdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
The bone of contention here is the surprise pulling of the 13.5 D3.5 off the ROAR list, most people already knew about the 17.5 being pulled and were ready for it and sourced a different motor.

There was no statement from either Trinity or ROAR that the 13.5 was going to be pulled of the list in the lead up to this decision. In Australia the "stock" class here is 13.5 blinky, and quite understandably there is going to be a significant amount of drivers that will be very unhappy with this surprise & unannounced decision.
One can only hope that a degree of common sense prevails within the governing body of rc racing in Australia, that continues to allow the 13.5 motor to be used at state & national competitions, considering the amount invested into these motors by many drivers in our country.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01 View Post
The issue isn't the 17.5, its the 13.5 motors. There was no warning with these that they were going to be banned. For us down here (Australia), many people have just jumped ship to them, or stocked up on them for the year. On smaller tracks most the motors are on par, its on our larger tracks you notice how much faster the D3.5 in 13.5 really is.
Nothing is forcing your local track from adhering to the ROAR ruling. Maybe you should talk to your RD about it?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:38 PM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01 View Post
I can tell you that I have tested ALOT of motors, the D3.5 13.5 is NOT the fastest out there Period! Get the Team Powers 13.5, peg the timing, gear to temps of 160 and you will have no problems running with the fastest out there. No special rotor needed, no ceramic bearings, the motor out of the box, as-is will make you happy!

I even ran the new Actinium motors this past weekend, they are even faster than the plutonium and shockingly, run cooler.

I completely understand your frustration with this whole thing though.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:43 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
I can tell you that I have tested ALOT of motors, the D3.5 13.5 is NOT the fastest out there Period! Get the Team Powers 13.5, peg the timing, gear to temps of 160 and you will have no problems running with the fastest out there. No special rotor needed, no ceramic bearings, the motor out of the box, as-is will make you happy!

I even ran the new Actinium motors this past weekend, they are even faster than the plutonium and shockingly, run cooler.

I completely understand your frustration with this whole thing though.
You make it sound like i haven't tested other motors on my track. . And like i said before, on our smaller/medium tracks there is no difference with these motors. Did you happen to miss that comment? I'm saying testing on larger tracks (58m straight) the D3.5 13.5 was marginally better than the rest.

Ive tried:
HW V10
Team Powers
LRP/Nosram
Reedy
D3.5

@ Oddin554, Its also not a matter of my club changing rules, Our club runs under AARMCC which is the Australian governing body who happens to follow Roar rules for motor approval.