Old 08-10-2005, 08:53 PM   #16
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Hey Howie
Old 08-10-2005, 09:16 PM   #17
Tech Master

I thik that another EP TC shootout...!! Its like been almost a year since the last one.How time flies...

I think its good to do a tarmac and carpet shootout together.Although carpet racing is increasingly popular but must keep in mind of those Tarmac racers,like me ...

I believe that most people around the world race on tarmac...Since your Magazine is THE BEST english RC Mag till date and everybody in this world reads Extreme,so its good to do a carpet and tarmac shoot out.Although it might be a terrible logistical nitemare...

Anyway,keep printing those wonderful Mags!!I've never missed an issue after I switched from that other Mag...
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:21 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Fontaine
Hey Howie
wazzzzz up ? my brutha

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:38 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Dude....... you obviously didn't look at all for an RDX. They are readily available. If you could not find one order one directly from CorallyUSA. Every kit is in stock and available. Sorry if one wasn't locally available but they are around.

Jeff
My problem was no local shops carried any parts so one break and I would be out of action for a week waiting on a part. Not fun!
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:43 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureal
Hopefuly a carpet track will open up somewhere near SoCal and we can get it done. Failing that, I dunno. I know we'd all love to do one though, and I'm sure it will happen at some point, especially given the popularity of carpet racing right now.
Not sure about everyone else but I know I'm pretty tired of reading about SoCal RC racing Here is Texas where low 90's is considered a cold wave if we stand on asphalt too long we become one with it.
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:04 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureal
It's funny, it was only a year ago that we did our 9-car TC shootout, and already all but one of the nine cars have been replaced with a new version.

I would love to work out a carpet shootout for sure, but it would be a logistical nightmare for us. Getting a shootout of that magnitude together is already difficult enough, but to have to throw travel into the mix, plus transporting our equipment... uggh.

Hopefuly a carpet track will open up somewhere near SoCal and we can get it done. Failing that, I dunno. I know we'd all love to do one though, and I'm sure it will happen at some point, especially given the popularity of carpet racing right now.
Come to Ct. Hobby Chamber carpet track is huge
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:09 AM   #22
R/C Tech Founder

It's not that we don't *want* to travel, it's just a time/cost thing. We're on a four week production cycle which means writing, building kits, testing, dealing with all the day to day interactions with the industry, and then a week and a half of crunch time to assemble it all into what you see at the newsstand. With our most recent stuff, Stephen spends a lot of time on the nitro dyno, I am spending almost all of my time writing code for the web or future projects, and Derek is doing most of the traveling for race coverage and such. If we could figure out the logistics of such a shootout (and I do think we will at some point in the future) we would love to do it.

Regarding carpet tracks in SoCal, yes, my plan is still to open one. We had to establish the retail side of things first to support the track and we're doing that. It's taken longer than I wanted but it's mainly my fault for being too busy and trying to tackle too much all at once. Once we have everything on the ball, we're going to be looking for space to do it. It will happen eventually.

And for what it's worth, we'll have a full line of Corally parts, web and in store.