Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Somthing Fishy with this Web Fourm. >

Somthing Fishy with this Web Fourm.

Somthing Fishy with this Web Fourm.

Old 08-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Somthing Fishy with this Web Fourm.

To whom ever it may concern, i am not here to bash. But i have noticed some strange things "glitches" on this web fourm. Well first off, i have hundreds upon hundreds of "Web topic replys" sent to my email account, the weird thing is i never entered or ask any questions towards them.

Also when i go to the main rctech web page its lists the activites on the left hand sides. ie. electric on road, off-road and monster trucks so on.

One thing i noticed , like I would a see a specific topic like TC3 listed on the side bar before i enter the main electric fourm. When i enter the Main Electric fourm its nowhere to be found?

Has anyone notcied this?

Edward.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
To whom ever it may concern, i am not here to bash. But i have noticed some strange things "glitches" on this web fourm. Well first off, i have hundreds upon hundreds of "Web topic replys" sent to my email account, the weird thing is i never entered or ask any questions towards them.

Also when i go to the main rctech web page its lists the activites on the left hand sides. ie. electric on road, off-road and monster trucks so on.

One thing i noticed , like I would a see a specific topic like TC3 listed on the side bar before i enter the main electric fourm. When i enter the Main Electric fourm its nowhere to be found?

Has anyone notcied this?

Edward.
The "Web Topic Replys" is an easy fix. There is a place with in your user option to opt out of getting them. Someone can reply to another topic before you enter. This will push other unresponded topics down to the botton of the forum.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 08-05-2005, 01:17 PM
R/C Tech Founder

The emails are generated because you "subscribed" to a thread when you posted in it, and so the system sends an email letting you know that somebody else has replied to the same topic. If you don't want this, make sure that at the bottom of the posting screen "Notification Type" is set to "Do not subscribe." You can remove your existing subscriptions via the User Control Panel.

For the other question, I will look into it. It's possible that something got messed up there when the forum software switched.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Shane - I have had a really weird thing happen twice. If I reply to a post and close the window before the page updates I will get an infinite number of new windows opening to the thead's page. The windows are coming up so fast I cant Alt-F4 or Task manage them closed. I have to hit the reset button to restart my PC to end it.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Shane - I have had a really weird thing happen twice. If I reply to a post and close the window before the page updates I will get an infinite number of new windows opening to the thead's page. The windows are coming up so fast I cant Alt-F4 or Task manage them closed. I have to hit the reset button to restart my PC to end it.
That ones easy, don't close he window before the page updates
Old 08-05-2005, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
That ones easy, don't close he window before the page updates
Captain Obvious - Thanks for that pearl of wisdom

I was just curious why it happens.....
Old 08-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

It happens because you closed the window to soon
Old 08-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rob Phillips
It happens because you closed the window to soon

...sorry Adrian, but this is just to funny

Old 08-05-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Dont post...
Old 08-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003

Has anyone notcied this?

Edward.
I overheard somebody talking... they are out to get you.