Wiki Posts
Search

STOCK motor forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by ottoman
I dont pay much attention to motors that only win at the club level... I am more interested in the motors that go fast at a national event... sorry
is that why your never on the podium your too busy looking at other peoples stuff?

oh wait your just a "pitman" not a driver but your a top of the line pitman

Last edited by R/C Anonymous; 05-17-2004 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

i will say team one mtors are probasbly the most consistent... if the motor doesnt spin higher then a 60 on the fanmtom.... it does not get packaged.... i have known the team one guys a long time.. and there motors are al i run... they also tune for me at the big races...

so whatever the dyno sheet in the package says... is what it read for them... the second rebuild is when a motor starts to breath... most of my team ones are 68-70 and my best this past year was a 73.....

i use hurricane gold brushes.. or putnam greens.. red and purple spring combo's.. the break in is the key to a good motor... that secret is sealed ha....

another trick for u guys to try.... we did it this past season and for some reason it worked well... i was helping the team one guys build up some motors for tghere team guys... we took regular 767 brushes.. and re serated them over the serrations...we did this on brqnd new brushes... out of 20+ motors.. the lowest was a 65 and 10-15 were 68 or better...
Old 05-17-2004, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't want to start anything, but I do have to say the monster's with double purple springs are pretty fast. We have a more tight and technical track, and double purple seems to work best on it. That is what most people are using.

RC Anonymous, I am not saying you are wrong, as I have never tried your setup. You are obviously a guru at motor tuning!

Just my input,
etzkev
Old 05-17-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

cool Burbs tell Danny D. that Geoff C. says hi unfortunately i wont be down to Trackside till early November or so to get ready for the Novak race...ive stepped up into the foam class so i can get my butt handed to me even more now

something to remember also is that every dyno reads a little different ...i know my dyno reads about 8 power lower then almost everyone elses that i have tried(might be the programming? i use an aluminum flywheel and have it configured right i think)...RPM's are the only thing extremely similar to the others...torque is lower but that could be because of my power source also

etzkev...i usually run double purples myself since we have a pretty tight track here, lots of 180's and corners(a slightly more open track i run a different combo)..ive tried red and green and it just doesnt feel right to me going down the straight, it sounds like a spark plug isnt firing or something but thats with sedan of course
Old 05-17-2004, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by racenut123
Hobbyworld on the other hand is a different story....Btw,good to hear your car is working now.
Hicks...Yes, I was talking about Gilroy...I was a bit vague on what venue.I know Brandon would be responseable enough to do tech if he noticed some "stocker" on steriods...I've heard from sevral racers who race at Gilroy that a some people use some illegal stocks.

Thank you....The car works really well until the roach-coach comes by....I ran some laps in the low 12s & one 11.9 early on but everyone's lap times faded a bit after that....I also got some brand new CS-32s which seem to work GREAT on the car. After midday around 2 o'clock it feels a bit too grippy & underpowered (cause it is)....It felt better running even harder tires but I'd loose the rear end too much. I think I'll try a red sway bar front and rear

Last edited by The Black Kat; 05-17-2004 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-17-2004, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

weve had a guy here that has run mod. brushless FOAM in stock rubber class..tell me that isnt a noticeable difference in lap times i dont think he ever finished a race though ...those PVC pipes are killer on graphite parts
Old 05-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
is that why your never on the podium your too busy looking at other peoples stuff?

oh wait your just a "pitman" not a driver but your a top of the line pitman
I am not sure what this has to do with my post... maybe I should make it simpler for you.
I seak out opinions from people who know about motors... people who's motors I have seen run well in large events.
Once you have reached that level I will give your opinion the same respect I give the other top tuners. I have watched your motors run and IMHO your not there yet.
Good luck with you new motor tuning company
Old 05-17-2004, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

I think you guys have said it pretty well, Stiffer springs for more torque. This is why they work on a tight track. I prefer a red/green or 7.0/6.5 Fs units. It works for me. Fiddle stick available from KT.

Not assocaiated with KT or anyone else yadda yadda..........
Old 05-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
weve had a guy here that has run mod. brushless FOAM in stock rubber class..tell me that isnt a noticeable difference in lap times i dont think he ever finished a race though ...those PVC pipes are killer on graphite parts
Brushless on the stock setting is closer to a quad-mag, handwound, every-trick-in-the-book 19t.....A fast 19t driver turned around the same amount of laps as a fast driver using a BL on stock this weekend....The guy on Bl's laps were a tick faster (I got the opportunity to start my race announcing with the 19t class)
Old 05-17-2004, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Burbs what serrator were you using that you got that increase???
Old 05-17-2004, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

brian.. we were using the purple zzip one from integy...

R/C Anonymous
are u using a fantom dyno???? and if so .. did u or anyone at any time change the lenghth of the wire going to the battery or power source???? if the wire has been changed it can make the reedings different... i have seen guys add and remove wire to to get them closer to everyone elses readings... it has something to do with the efficiency of the power source....

as for the team one dyno.. it from my expirience reads about the same as most of the ones i have used...i would say middle ground.. some read a bit higher and ive seen some lower...
Old 05-17-2004, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Black Kat....Steve never takes that thing off the Mod setting.Sorry but he cheated.He ran 19turn with us at Ripon last Friday night and we didnt realize he was running brushless untill after.Thats why they call him the Badboy.
Old 05-17-2004, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ah good good, i have that one
Old 05-17-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ottoman
I am not sure what this has to do with my post... maybe I should make it simpler for you.
I seak out opinions from people who know about motors... people who's motors I have seen run well in large events.
Once you have reached that level I will give your opinion the same respect I give the other top tuners. I have watched your motors run and IMHO your not there yet.
Good luck with you new motor tuning company
spelling 101...your motor tuning isn't the greatest either...but at least i drive the car i tune
Old 05-17-2004, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by racenut123
Black Kat....Steve never takes that thing off the Mod setting.Sorry but he cheated.He ran 19turn with us at Ripon last Friday night and we didnt realize he was running brushless untill after.Thats why they call him the Badboy.
LOL...Everyone knew he had a brushless but we all thought he had it on stock setting....He was turning 11.0's consistantly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.