R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-04-2004, 09:20 PM   #1351
Tech Fanatic

i've ran the monster and the epic, your car does feel slower, but the laps time say, the B2 is faster. My track is pretty tight to. I run the epic on tight and flowing tracks, but i think my monster would have been better on the flowing tracks.
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 10:46 PM   #1352
Tech Adept

Default Monster in Off-Road

I switched my FT 10T3 from the Fantom version of the P2Kpro to the Trinity Monster, followed the gearing instructions to a T, and the thing has no "snap". The top end is great, but it does not come off the line or out of a turn with any guts at all. I played with the gears for three days and the best I got, was worse than the Fantom. So I gave up entirely, put the Fantom back and they lived happily ever after.
Java1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:44 PM   #1353
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: STOCK motor forum

Quote:
Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

For those of you that have run them both:

How is the Binary Stock comparing to the Monster Stock?

Has anyone tried the Binary Arm in a MS Can (2 mag)? I would think it might improve the torque charactistics slightly.

Thanks,
I like the binary in my 1/12 gtp, and I compare it to the green mach 3. I have run it in my sedan. It's fast but lacks the torque of the monster. You can't gear them the same.

thats my .02
jc510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:56 PM   #1354
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default Gearing questions

For touring car outdoors on rubber tires,how would you gear a Binary Stock compared to a Monster?What about a Green Machine?What situations would you choose one over the other?
A fast stock racer here is running a green machine @ 6.2 final and I am wondering how he can do that if this motor is suppose to be a RPM motor.I prefer a monster but want to try othe choices.No mvp's need apply.......

Also anyone know how to gear a Core stock for touring?The tracks I run on are all medium sized and tight some places and open in others.I need final drives not rollouts #'s please.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:06 AM   #1355
Tech Addict

Has anyone found that their P2K2's don't last...

Two of my cans the magnets have started coming off the can and rubbing on the armature. The arms also don't seem to have the same punch that it used to...

How long should a stock motor last (I know this is like how long is a peice of string but...) ??
Andrew_XXXs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:54 AM   #1356
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

If they've lost punch it's probably the magnets. See if anybody can zap them for you. Magnets falling out is most likely gearing/overheating. You can stick the magnets back in place, I did it with one of my Mvp cans. PC-7 works well and is available at any home depot, only use a little though, if you put alot on, it makes the magnets stickout and rub the arm. A stock motor should last the life of the comm provided it isn't overheated.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:35 AM   #1357
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Re: Gearing questions

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
For touring car outdoors on rubber tires,how would you gear a Binary Stock compared to a Monster?What about a Green Machine?What situations would you choose one over the other?
A fast stock racer here is running a green machine @ 6.2 final and I am wondering how he can do that if this motor is suppose to be a RPM motor.I prefer a monster but want to try othe choices.No mvp's need apply.......

Also anyone know how to gear a Core stock for touring?The tracks I run on are all medium sized and tight some places and open in others.I need final drives not rollouts #'s please.
I've run my Binary at Speedworld which is outdoors and we run rubber tires. I TQ'd with the binary. The final drive was 7.32. The motor smelt alittle burnt. So I geared it to 7.56 and it felt mushy. No real snap, but the motor was not as hot. I haven't found the right gear ratio for that track with the Bianary yet. It might be 7.32 with a fan and heatsink

Now in my 1/12 gtp, I've smoked the green machines with that same Binary. I don't remember the gear ratio, I did go through several pinions till I found the best for that track, which is tight an go for micro's.

lol
Check out this site for gear ratio charts.
http://www.gearchart.com/
jc510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 11:21 AM   #1358
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers
Default STOCK MOTOR GEARING

There are two motor tuners that race at my home track. David Gullikson, owner of AXIOM motors and Dennis Anderson, owner of Birdman motors. They've both told me that when you gear a stock motor:

"don't worry about heat, they're going to get hot...gear them so that you're maxing out before the end of the straight and leave it. As long as you're not getting soft before the end of the race, heat doesn't matter." I gear on the same teachings and my motors run awesome. Its true though, as long as you're not getting soft before 5 minutes is up, don't worry about the heat. Besides, I'm sure your track has an air compressor that you can use. Just walk over there and air off you motor for a few minutes and its good as new.
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 02:38 AM   #1359
Tech Regular

Default Novak brushless vs brushed motors

Hi guys,

This question may have been asked so sorry if I'm doubling up.

What is the general opinion when comparing the performance of the Novak SS4300 (stock motor equivalent) to a high end brushed stock motor (Trinity Monster stock or a Fantom 421LE etc)
dazyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:19 AM   #1360
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Hi, I toasted a brand new GREEN MACHINE PRO 3 motor a couple of weeks ago. The can and endbell looked fine but when I put a new armature in it did not rev as hard. Can someone tell me what might be the problem?
woozer71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:50 AM   #1361
Tech Elite

From what I have seen, after you smoke a motor, the apoxy on the armuture gets on the magnets. And the motor never really feels the same. Usually after smoke one, i just get rid of the whole motor and buy a new one.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:54 AM   #1362
Tech Addict

ok
I know which one I will not be buying next time.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:57 AM   #1363
Tech Elite

Yea I stopped buying teh gm3 awhile ago only cause it is so touchy on gearing. Also I think the monster is a better motor. I have not tries a binary yet.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:12 AM   #1364
Tech Elite

This has probably been asked before, but it's hard to find...

Which bruches is good for the P2K and the GM3?

I'm racing on a tight technically carpet track. I'm using the standard springs.

I aint got enough time for a lot of maintenance, so it should be something, that lasts reasonably good. My second priority is torque.

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:21 AM   #1365
Tech Addict

I have got 2 monsters and they are very good. My mate has a binary and that also is a great motor. They both have there good points. I am looking at getting the binary to test for myself.