Wiki Posts
Search

STOCK motor forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 03:00 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Popsracer you should check your rollout and not just your overall drive ratio. Anytime you change tires and they are even slightly bigger or smaller you will change your overall gearing. If you figure out rollout instead no matter what tires you use you can always get about the same overall gearing and be fast no matter what tires you run.

The E Brush does work great in the P2K motors. Those brushes seem to work in alot of different motors as do the Reedy 767's.
Old 11-18-2002, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default P2K2 problems

Rod;
Thanks. I'm going to try the 1 deg rear toe first and see how the car handles. (-O- $$) If i don't like it, I can switch the toe block at the track in a few minutes.
I may go and buy a P2K and a Monster Stock at the same time.

BTW; RC Comp is racing this Saturday at Citrus College. The track will be on the Citrus ave side of the College for this race.
Maybe see you there.
Thanks, Steven.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

thanks for the replies re. quasar / trinity brushes
Old 11-19-2002, 12:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

which is better for touring car or for stock truck... Dyno Core stock , Dyno MVP stock, Integy Matrix V.10 ? My P2k just aint cuttin it anymore.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

any of those motors will run fine in the cars& trucks you mentioned. taken in to account proper gearing is used . like all
trackes motors have to be geared accordingly.just ask some one at the track , u may get the right answer the 1st time, but don't
stop aksing u will figure out whos right ' and whos pulling your leg
Old 11-19-2002, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default Which Motor is best?

I see a lot of people at the tracks run GM3's, but they seem to be slowly turning away from that motor. One motor that seems to be gaining popularity is the Integy Matrix-10. I myself have not tried one.
I've also read good things about the Monster Stock on other web sites.
I don't believe including rollout in the calculation is necessary
as I always run rubber tires and the difference in O. D. between new and used is minimal.

Thanks.

Last edited by popsracer; 11-19-2002 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-19-2002, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default 4499 vs 4391 (polarized)

i read that the "+" brush of the 4391 is silver and the "-" copper. would anyone know if the "+" 4391 the same as the 4499? thanks.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Wanted to revive this. Anybody have any new motor experiences they want to share ?
Anybody have experience with Integy stock motors??

Can of worms,but here goes. Make your answers short and sweet......Whats your personal choice for best STOCK motor ?? And why??
Old 12-31-2002, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

ive seen a couple of the integy stockers go and from what i understand you need to gear them pretty low.
Old 12-31-2002, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

For an all around motor, I would choose the Core Stock. The monster is High RPM, and not real well suited for truck, but I ran one in my truck, and it was ok.

I also have the Integy motor, and it is pretty fast, but has TONS of drag break. For Touring it might be good, but for truck, it causes too much rotation around the corners.

P2k is still a pretty good choice for small track conditions.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

actually...best motor I've ever run was the integy matrix 9.5!
way more power than the p2k lightspeed i have now. plus i never even rebuilt it...it put out full power on one set of brushes for 6months before i included it with a kit I sold.
Old 01-12-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

We are going to be starting a 19 turn class at my track, and I was wondering if anyone could help me out by letting me know how the trinity and reedy motors compare.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 01-12-2003, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

if you want to be competitive in onroad touring, DON'T buy a core stock !!!!!!!!!
the most competitive motors out now around my local area and interstate are:
1: P2K2 pro
2: GM3
3: Integy Matrix V9.5
4: Monster horsepower
5: Integy Matrix V6.6

some may disagree with the list here but it is based on fact, from the results of my racing clubs, these are the top motors, note most are from trinity

my comment about the core stock wasnt meant to be so harsh BUT, it lacks the power, torque and rpm of these other top line motors
feel free to question my thoughts but i believe this is right

also these motors are what perform in onroad touring , not necessarily in any other class

thanx
robbie
Old 01-12-2003, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Simply put, there is no best stock motor. I dont see an MVP on your list and I know there are people who can tune an MVP to be just as fast as any of those motors on your list. Also keep in mind that most Integy motors are just Reedy/Trinity motors with integy brushes springs and label, just like fantom does, just like lightspeed, pro-match and many other companies do.

Track conditions also affect which stock motor will perform best. You want torque? Then you need a P2K, RPM - GM3/Monster and If you want a balance of the two you want a P2K2, and that's just based on Trinity's motors.

Have fun,
Josh
Old 01-12-2003, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

yer i agree,
and also that #3 motor was supposed to be a integy mvp matrix
i own one my self and think they are bloody unbelievable

i do know that track conditions and every thing else affects the performance but i was just stating my local top 5 i guess

thanx for replying

the issue of which motor is the best and how the tracks and weather affect them is why i chose this class to race

CHALLENGE!!!!!!

thanx
robbie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.