R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-13-2007, 04:35 PM   #2731
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mike, what brushes do I have, then? I'm a little disappointed in my br00d checkpoint money motor. No dyno sheet and not the right brushes - and expensive. The brushes are a dark copper color.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:44 PM   #2732
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I was told to try silver brushes stock spring on neg- and silver spring on Pos+
final drive 6 to 6.20 ..
Old 02-13-2007, 06:51 PM   #2733
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge
Mike, what brushes do I have, then? I'm a little disappointed in my br00d checkpoint money motor. No dyno sheet and not the right brushes - and expensive. The brushes are a dark copper color.
They are known as the atlas brushes, they are what all $ motors come with, but I guess the tuners don't want to spend the $13 (retail) for the infinity/silver spring combo I understand it's more $ than most, but I'm sure they would get them in enough bulk to make it worth it. Generally the atlas/gold combo is good for 12th scale. The only thing you can "tune" on the CP is the shimming, and cutting the com, with the molded endbell there is no hood alignment adjustments.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:20 PM   #2734
Tech Master

Red face 19t checkpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge
There's a reason why EA Motorsports doesn't sell checkpoint 19t. According to Eric, the motors are pretty good out of the box and there isn't much to tune except for changing to Infinity brushes and going harder on the springs! Save your money and just buy off the shelf next time.
I know this advise is probably too little too late!
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:19 PM   #2735
Tech Master

Thanks for the info guys. Max, I believe I will take that advice when I wear this thing out (long time, I dare say). I like the $$ label more than the br00d label, too. Unfortunately, the 007 mounts the motor such that the label faces straight down and all I see is a black can ;/

<---- brushless fan, only runs brushes because it's better than nothing.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:44 AM   #2736
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Default CP Money motor

Just buy straight of shelf one
get the 6 cell infinity brush`s /silver springs then that`s it

gear it in the same region as the Atlas Blue can motor (low)

lot of this has been said ,so i`m jumping on the band wagon for support & clarification
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:15 PM   #2737
Tech Addict

Can you put too much advance into a C027 motor and harm performance?

Background: I was trying to sort out a glitch and touching capacitors to my C027 motor when I noticed that when I applied pressure on the positive brush holder in the direction of advance, that rpms increased tremendously. I discovered the screw was loose, and that there is a fair bit of variation in peak rpms depending on what position you lock it down at. I'd say rpms jumped 20% when its locked down at the most advanced position. Should I leave it there?
Iceracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:28 PM   #2738
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Just buy straight of shelf one
get the 6 cell infinity brush`s /silver springs then that`s it

gear it in the same region as the Atlas Blue can motor (low)

lot of this has been said ,so i`m jumping on the band wagon for support & clarification
hey colin you should no its a little more than just brushes to make a cp extra fast
stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:08 AM   #2739
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceracer
Can you put too much advance into a C027 motor and harm performance?

Background: I was trying to sort out a glitch and touching capacitors to my C027 motor when I noticed that when I applied pressure on the positive brush holder in the direction of advance, that rpms increased tremendously. I discovered the screw was loose, and that there is a fair bit of variation in peak rpms depending on what position you lock it down at. I'd say rpms jumped 20% when its locked down at the most advanced position. Should I leave it there?

I wouldn't recommend leaving it there. Find someone who has a brush hood alignment tool that you can use. Those will ensure that the brushes wear evenly across the comm and provide the correct "wrap." If you race on a very open track that flows very well, not a lot or no tight corners, then you can increase the timing slightly by trimming the trailing edge of the brush (looking down into the hood it would be the left side of the brush). It only takes about 1mm to be effective. I don't normally do this since a full brush will usually make a little more overall power and you can run a slight higher rollout.
gubbs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:56 PM   #2740
Tech Addict

I put a squared off brush into the motor and spun it over to make a wear mark. Its pretty much dead centre, so I'm thinking the brushes are aligned. Maybe all I did was restore it to its proper position. I'll find out tomorror at the races.
Iceracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #2741
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i am looking to get some opions on some motors? all stock motors -p2k2, monster, green machine, co27, epic x.
now we are racing 1/12 on a small and alot of 180's and 90's. which motor and what spring and brush and rollout?
currently run ib3800, gtx, spek, green machine or monster, roll out about 40mm but the motors are showing age. our next season is starting soon and would like to have a few new motors?
DriftDreamer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:10 AM   #2742
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Z.Hallett

go with either a Co27 or a Epic X. run both motors w/ F's and reds on both pos and neg. start the Co around 40-42mm and the X around 43mm. it is all driving style. others have been running a Co in their 12ths, but lately i have been running the X motor with good results.

-Zac
Z.Hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:49 AM   #2743
Tech Regular

what type of rollout should one run for a CO27 on a tight track?

Futaba 3PKS with FASST

>>>Knowledge is Power<<<
RocketRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:15 AM   #2744
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Z.Hallett

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRacer
what type of rollout should one run for a CO27 on a tight track?
for tc start around a 35mm
for 12th start around a 40-43mm.

what brushes and springs are on the motor? what surface type are we talkin?

-Zac
Z.Hallett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:17 AM   #2745
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftDreamer06
i am looking to get some opions on some motors? all stock motors -p2k2, monster, green machine, co27, epic x.
now we are racing 1/12 on a small and alot of 180's and 90's. which motor and what spring and brush and rollout?
currently run ib3800, gtx, spek, green machine or monster, roll out about 40mm but the motors are showing age. our next season is starting soon and would like to have a few new motors?
If your track is small with alot of 90's and 180's, I would go with a co27 and rollout around 1.70 to 1.75. Tune with F's and green springs +/-