R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-08-2007, 11:18 AM   #2701
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFat
moony-
Do you do this for others, ie I send you a few of my older arms?
@FastFat
I only do this for myself as it takes me about 48 hours to complete a arm. I live in Italy so I don't know how much the shipping is going to cost you to send me the arms. You can always send me PM and we can see what I can do.

The process is not very difficult to do but you need some time. Start with a old armature so if it didn't work you didn't loose much. I don't have camera to take pictures but I will ask a friend if I can borrow his and I will make a tutorial on this process.
mooony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #2702
Tech Initiate

make sure you explain it in layman terms, so us blue collar guy's can figure this out, and give it a try.
Freewheelin4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:57 AM   #2703
Tech Initiate

Information about a company name Niftech

HI Guys

I live in the UK and have just found a website on the internent based in the USA that sells an r/c motor armature balancing device called Niftech. the only problem is that for some reason I cannot contact them using the contact imfomation they give, could anybody let me know if this company is still trading and if so could you let me no there contact details.

As anybody use this balancing device

Many Thanks

Blue
blueskieshlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 06:40 AM   #2704
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskieshlg
HI Guys

I live in the UK and have just found a website on the internent based in the USA that sells an r/c motor armature balancing device called Niftech. the only problem is that for some reason I cannot contact them using the contact imfomation they give, could anybody let me know if this company is still trading and if so could you let me no there contact details.

As anybody use this balancing device

Many Thanks

Blue
Hi Blue
why would wnat this thingy for 27t or 19t spec ??

been out for quite awhile this thing ,but it does rely on gravity to show unbalenced motor

i have a airplane prop balencer to check mine (if i can be arsed that is
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:43 PM   #2705
Tech Initiate

Default Niftech Info

Hi There Mr Jolly

There was no mention of why I required this piece of kit in my previous post, but for your information it was in response to a thread I put on some time back about the merits of sending motors back to suppliers to be serviced and balanced, the general view was that it was a good thing to do, as after using the motor and skimming it a few times there was a good chance that the armature could go out of balance causing vibrasions and brush bounce and subsequent loss of performance. So being capable of servicing my motors but not to sure about balancing them, any piece of kit that will help me achieve this would be most helpful, I can then do my own motors. So if you have any information about Niftech I will be most grateful.

Many Thanks

Blue
blueskieshlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #2706
Tech Regular

motor tuning I can make roars go really well with 4499 and a horizontal cut after aligning them etc.

I can seem to get monsters to work that well having said trf415-boy won broxtowe indoor a final with one of my monsters but he put f-lines in.

I am just wondering if the f-lines would make a huge difference? Also where can you get them from I alway struggle to get power or gearing right with stocks so I am just looking at trying different things to getting stock motor lark right
i wondering about zubak comm drops i have bottle of it but i have not used it much I also have tribo but i find it gums up the motor so i just used it to soften the brushes
Smoking motor.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:01 PM   #2707
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskieshlg
Hi There Mr Jolly

There was no mention of why I required this piece of kit in my previous post, but for your information it was in response to a thread I put on some time back about the merits of sending motors back to suppliers to be serviced and balanced, the general view was that it was a good thing to do, as after using the motor and skimming it a few times there was a good chance that the armature could go out of balance causing vibrasions and brush bounce and subsequent loss of performance. So being capable of servicing my motors but not to sure about balancing them, any piece of kit that will help me achieve this would be most helpful, I can then do my own motors. So if you have any information about Niftech I will be most grateful.

Many Thanks

Blue
Blue,

My experience with Niftech has been to place an initial order over the Internet and then they call me on the phone. I don't think they like using the Internet much.

The product received from them has been absolutely first class.

Not sure how they deal with folks across the pond.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:46 AM   #2708
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking motor..
motor tuning I can make roars go really well with 4499 and a horizontal cut after aligning them etc.

I can seem to get monsters to work that well having said trf415-boy won broxtowe indoor a final with one of my monsters but he put f-lines in.

I am just wondering if the f-lines would make a huge difference? Also where can you get them from I alway struggle to get power or gearing right with stocks so I am just looking at trying different things to getting stock motor lark right
i wondering about zubak comm drops i have bottle of it but i have not used it much I also have tribo but i find it gums up the motor so i just used it to soften the brushes

Tribo ;;same as you ,gums up my motor aswell

Zubaks;; meant for oval racing so instructions are bit fierce for TC use ,use like only 2-3 drops on comm just before race also 1-2 drops when bedding in brush`s 2-3min @2v

F-lines
they are now working really well (another batch ) but it`s sorted
Micrtech have good ones in ,also i has some sent from EA that were really really good

huge difference ;;
not really get 1-2 amps more then whats out there ,they run for 2-3 races @ race speed no probs

it`s in the gearing

Smoking motor
can you PM these answers to these questions please ,then i might be able to suggest gear ratio

Q) Roar you have how many amps @2v does it pull
Q) monster how many Amps @2v does this one pull

do them both with 4499`s like you would normally
Old 02-10-2007, 06:11 AM   #2709
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

How can you suggest gearing based on amp draw? Almost every charger that has a motor run-in function shows different amp draw numbers for the same exact motor.

Ex... I have a Turbo 35 that I used to break in a motor I was building for a guy. It said about 9 after 300 seconds. Gave that same motor to the guy that had an APS charger and it said 6.6 on his????
Old 02-10-2007, 01:06 PM   #2710
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C Anonymous
How can you suggest gearing based on amp draw? Almost every charger that has a motor run-in function shows different amp draw numbers for the same exact motor.

Ex... I have a Turbo 35 that I used to break in a motor I was building for a guy. It said about 9 after 300 seconds. Gave that same motor to the guy that had an APS charger and it said 6.6 on his????
Experience & a set Formula to get a solution for said motor

Also never ever compare Motor checkers to each other as they are very differently setup internally
Old 02-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #2711
Tech Apprentice

Mr Jolly would you kind enought to share your formula and impart some of your experience on these matters either on this thread or by pm
Old 02-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #2712
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

What are the "motors to have" now, seems like most tuners carry a few models, I have a co27 pro I worked on, but it's a little off others at the track. Is the Epic stock X comparable? how about older motors like the p2k2 can they still keep up?
Old 02-10-2007, 04:15 PM   #2713
Tech Elite

Depends on the track.
CO27 is probably the best all around motor with a balance of torque and RPM.

If you have a more open track, go with a monster or Roar X for a really big open track.

P2K2 is good for really small tight tracks, but most often used in offroad truck.

I also personally like the Binary2 (quad magnet stock), but check with your local track about legality. I don't think its a roar legal motor because it has 4 magnets and is epoxy balanced.

Dont forget that any decent stock motor (good condition) can be fast with the proper gearing and brush combo.
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #2714
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to foampervert
Default tamiya dirt tuned motor help

hiya folks,

i'm thinking of taking part in the tamiya races held in my region.

for the buggy class, the dirt-tuned motor (27t) must be used.

are there any prep that you can recommend to make it run better? or spring/brush combos. this is a sealed endbell motor so not much can be done.

thanks for any input.

cheerio!

-alexander

Sorex, i meant Sorex.
foampervert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #2715
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Experience & a set Formula to get a solution for said motor

Also never ever compare Motor checkers to each other as they are very differently setup internally
no kidding???

That's pretty much exactly what I just said that you quoted.