R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-06-2007, 08:24 AM   #2671
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill
Hate to kill the topic; but, using my new Novak 13.5 motor (with a sintered rotor), I continually equal my best lap times (achieved with a "killer" EA stock motor) over-and-over without any rebuilds. Gotta think that NorCal tracks are leading the way towards BL.

And ROAR needs to listen...Because our Region 12 carpet races will allow BL in Stock and 19T.

Stock brushed motors RIP. OK to flame me; but, the future is HERE.
I have 2 cars 1 with the BL 13.5 and 1 with stock co27 and I must say the 13.5 has way more lowend than the co27...but your right everyone @ my track is running the 13.5
Old 02-06-2007, 02:18 PM   #2672
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill
Hate to kill the topic; but, using my new Novak 13.5 motor (with a sintered rotor), I continually equal my best lap times (achieved with a "killer" EA stock motor) over-and-over without any rebuilds. Gotta think that NorCal tracks are leading the way towards BL.

And ROAR needs to listen...Because our Region 12 carpet races will allow BL in Stock and 19T.

Stock brushed motors RIP. OK to flame me; but, the future is HERE.
i find tinckering & trying to better your self ;remotor tuning is a relaxing pleasent way to have a hobby
if you take this away then i feel you BL guys will be sitting there kicking your tyre`s to find some thing to do

on a side note i do feel it is the guy`s who
1 can`t be bothered to tune motors or 2 thye are crap at it
so it feels like it`s the slow guys that complian cos they can`t do it ,so the good tuners & fast guy`s suffer

hobby`s & tinkering go hand in hand

disclaimer
just a off the cuff remark re;tuning stocks is & can be fun & give a good feeling when it works

if it is the way to go then i`ll buy the 13.5 one
but not every one can afford it & it doesn`t fit in every car either ,unlike a 27t 540 motor
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #2673
Tech Adept

Great comments,

Another perspective, when you're leisure time between meetings is measured in minutes, brushless (at any class level) becomes pretty attractive.

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
i find tinckering & trying to better your self ;remotor tuning is a relaxing pleasent way to have a hobby
if you take this away then i feel you BL guys will be sitting there kicking your tyre`s to find some thing to do

on a side note i do feel it is the guy`s who
1 can`t be bothered to tune motors or 2 thye are crap at it
so it feels like it`s the slow guys that complian cos they can`t do it ,so the good tuners & fast guy`s suffer

hobby`s & tinkering go hand in hand

disclaimer
just a off the cuff remark re;tuning stocks is & can be fun & give a good feeling when it works

if it is the way to go then i`ll buy the 13.5 one
but not every one can afford it & it doesn`t fit in every car either ,unlike a 27t 540 motor
MadMikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:00 PM   #2674
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Talking 13.5 or co27

I must say I love to work on motors I picked up 10 co27's some time ago but everyone run's 13.5 so, I had to get 1 to keep up lap times I was within 2 10th's but in the long run the 13.5 is the same from the start to the end where the brushed motor will fall off ....
Old 02-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #2675
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

i have been doing alot of testing lately and i have been getting my motors to stay the same from start to end run after run.. been gettingtons of power out my motors.. the real key after you have built the motor is how you break it in.. depending on how you do it.. it affects how it runs on the track.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:55 PM   #2676
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

what is your method of break-in Jeff?

All i do is 1.5a for 5 mins with a fan
Johnny Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:14 PM   #2677
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

it all depeds on the motor set-up and what the track is like and the weather.

i cant share all my secrets but i have a line-up of fluids that i cycle through the motor during its break-in.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:50 AM   #2678
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customworksking
I must say I love to work on motors I picked up 10 co27's some time ago but everyone run's 13.5 so, I had to get 1 to keep up lap times I was within 2 10th's but in the long run the 13.5 is the same from the start to the end where the brushed motor will fall off ....
yep i would do the same (buy one to keep up
but then get bored since i can`t tinker then do some thing else (maybe

if stock motor plays up 90% on the time you can fix it there & then & with minimal money outlay aswell

if the 13.5 plays up !!well your buggered

also after reading what EA has said about laps & duration for stocks i can now get the 27t to go just as quick at the end of the race as it was in the beggining

i use my experience track side & younger members can use the Big Jim calculating formula to suss out gearing from one stock to another

i use my hearing & amp draw @certain v on me checker to work out the FDR

PS;all stocks go fast it`s in the gearing
problem is finding that blasted FDR for that said motor
Old 02-07-2007, 12:52 AM   #2679
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
it all depeds on the motor set-up and what the track is like and the weather.

i cant share all my secrets but i have a line-up of fluids that i cycle through the motor during its break-in.
there`s enough secret stuff over here in the stock world just makes you want put them in a field & Bomb the bastards
run in
1.5v 2mins Zubaks speed juice (2 droplets on comm

after run up cotton bud soaked in motor spray clean off burnt bits brush/comm your ready to go
Old 02-07-2007, 01:46 AM   #2680
Tech Adept

I am having a lot fun with these stock motors. Like MR JOLLY said there is so much fun when you have a stock motor rebuild get on the track and it works. If have been recoppering my coms and trying different hardness for the copper. The results are very good. If have found that a softer copper produces alot more amps and the harder the copper the less amp but more rpm. In this way I have different arms for different tracks.

I rebuild all coms to 8.20 and cut them down to the size I want.

Ronald
mooony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:29 PM   #2681
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
PS;all stocks go fast it`s in the gearing
problem is finding that blasted FDR for that said motor
VERY TRUE.
Btw, What does zubak juice do to the comm.?
Old 02-07-2007, 05:56 PM   #2682
Tech Initiate

JOLLY you said it is the slow guys and new guys that suck at tuning motors are the one's that complain, and want to go BL. Well hear is one new guy, I love this tuning stuff, it is fun, and well relaxing, and it is cool when you took some run of the mill motor, and made it seam like it is on stairoids, well not riods, but a big cup of coffie. It is fun and even though I have only been at this stuff for a short time, I will hate to see brushed go to the way side.
Freewheelin4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:43 AM   #2683
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyl03
VERY TRUE.
Btw, What does zubak juice do to the comm.?
same as the other i suppose
helps breaking in brush`s by reducing wear & arcing
power flow more effiecient
less burnt deposit`s on comm(helps clean

down side it doesn`t work on all brush`s (F-lines & 767`s is really good

on the instructions it says put like 6 drops down brush hoods but when you do that it the motor goes slow mid race & the comm is all gummed up with burnt carbon & crap

so i only use 1-2 drops straight onto the comm ,quickly spin it by hand if in car
it feels like the feeling you have with tyre additive for about 2-3 laps it really good then wears off ,but by then your into your rythem & flying

HTH
Old 02-08-2007, 03:44 AM   #2684
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freewheelin4eva
JOLLY you said it is the slow guys and new guys that suck at tuning motors are the one's that complain, and want to go BL. Well hear is one new guy, I love this tuning stuff, it is fun, and well relaxing, and it is cool when you took some run of the mill motor, and made it seam like it is on stairoids, well not riods, but a big cup of coffie. It is fun and even though I have only been at this stuff for a short time, I will hate to see brushed go to the way side.
good on ya ,very rewarding when it goes like stink
Old 02-08-2007, 03:56 AM   #2685
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH

if ever i go BL its because its such a pain to waste a good motor just for setting up or practicing.