R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2006, 11:09 PM   #2326
Tech Master
 
joelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Capitol Speedway
Posts: 1,918
Send a message via Yahoo to joelt
Default

Can anyone give me feedback on the Integy Z Zone 27 motor? How should I gear it compared to a Monster, Epic, or CO27?

Thanks in advance.
joelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:07 AM   #2327
Tech Master
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,633
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy "Cool motor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmerf
Anyone have a final drive for the co27 at SoCal? They told me about 6.3 to 6.5 but it was slow. I did not have my temp gun though so i really could not tell you how hot it was. i really have not run stock there before so i dont have anything to compare to gearing wise. I know i need to cut it and i have some Trinity xxx brushes i was going to put in. I really have no experience tuning stock motors so please let me know if i am off base.
Temp gun may not help because the C027's run very cool so it may not be a very accurate way to check. I tried 4 different pinion sizes and the temp still was around 140 degrees?
__________________
Tamiya Track Local. 10,000 Watts of power! ($5 donations for gas appreciated)
Proud Father of GT-1 Past Champion!"Hey, I got to go to Japan too!
FF03,TA-05V2 ,EVO-6,TA-07,TRF419W,EXOTEK-6
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:07 AM   #2328
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmerf
Anyone have a final drive for the co27 at SoCal? They told me about 6.3 to 6.5 but it was slow. I did not have my temp gun though so i really could not tell you how hot it was. i really have not run stock there before so i dont have anything to compare to gearing wise. I know i need to cut it and i have some Trinity xxx brushes i was going to put in. I really have no experience tuning stock motors so please let me know if i am off base.
We just have stock 23T race - 8 min . Almost everyone use final gear ratio of 5.6 even in hot weather condition ( 34C air temp, 68C asphalt track ). Motors are yokomo LT, SR, LR, ST. My friend measured his motor temp is 98C.

Why 6.3 - 6.5 FDR for stock 27T ? Try 4.5 - 5.0 ?
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:44 AM   #2329
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lake Elsinore, ca
Posts: 873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower
Temp gun may not help because the C027's run very cool so it may not be a very accurate way to check. I tried 4 different pinion sizes and the temp still was around 140 degrees?

So what did you end up with? Also how is the Tamiya track lately? Has it even been open? I am really getting tired of it raining on the weekends!
__________________
FT B44 - FT J82
LRP TC SPHERE - Futaba Fasst
Orion Lipo & Vortex motors
" Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
tcmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:54 AM   #2330
Tech Regular
 
jw92656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
Posts: 342
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelt
Can anyone give me feedback on the Integy Z Zone 27 motor? How should I gear it compared to a Monster, Epic, or CO27?

Thanks in advance.
That motor has a bit of torque. So I would start by going down one on the pinion to get some RPM's out of the motor.
jw92656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:00 PM   #2331
Tech Regular
 
jw92656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Aliso Viejo, CA
Posts: 342
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmerf
Anyone have a final drive for the co27 at SoCal? They told me about 6.3 to 6.5 but it was slow. I did not have my temp gun though so i really could not tell you how hot it was. i really have not run stock there before so i dont have anything to compare to gearing wise. I know i need to cut it and i have some Trinity xxx brushes i was going to put in. I really have no experience tuning stock motors so please let me know if i am off base.
With those brushes use green (+), green(-). If you have a Spring Dyno you will want to set the tension to around 6.3-6.5 oz.
jw92656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:13 PM   #2332
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
We just have stock 23T race - 8 min . Almost everyone use final gear ratio of 5.6 even in hot weather condition ( 34C air temp, 68C asphalt track ). Motors are yokomo LT, SR, LR, ST. My friend measured his motor temp is 98C.

Why 6.3 - 6.5 FDR for stock 27T ? Try 4.5 - 5.0 ?
that kind of gearing wont work..your 23 turns have like 36 or more degrees of timing...stock motors only have 24 degrees of timing..do your home work , get your facts right , and another thing we aint in Europe....
TeamHomies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:20 PM   #2333
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
We just have stock 23T race - 8 min . Almost everyone use final gear ratio of 5.6 even in hot weather condition ( 34C air temp, 68C asphalt track ). Motors are yokomo LT, SR, LR, ST. My friend measured his motor temp is 98C.

Why 6.3 - 6.5 FDR for stock 27T ? Try 4.5 - 5.0 ?
asw.. socal raceway is a fairly small track. the straight away varies in length from 70-100 feet (but with banked sweepers). thats why we run close to 6.8-7.3FDR for monster stocks..and dipping lower for the new CO27s.

__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #2334
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lake Elsinore, ca
Posts: 873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw92656
With those brushes use green (+), green(-). If you have a Spring Dyno you will want to set the tension to around 6.3-6.5 oz.

No spring dyno yet. My tuning arsenal consist of a lathe and it needs a new bit! (I m guessing if you hit the winds and stop the comm that is not good for the bit, just add it to my stupity tax bill.)
__________________
FT B44 - FT J82
LRP TC SPHERE - Futaba Fasst
Orion Lipo & Vortex motors
" Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
tcmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:09 PM   #2335
Tech Master
 
joelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Capitol Speedway
Posts: 1,918
Send a message via Yahoo to joelt
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw92656
That motor has a bit of torque. So I would start by going down one on the pinion to get some RPM's out of the motor.
Thanks JW!!!
joelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:36 PM   #2336
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHomies
that kind of gearing wont work..your 23 turns have like 36 or more degrees of timing...stock motors only have 24 degrees of timing..do your home work , get your facts right , and another thing we aint in Europe....
I agree that gearing won't work but the 23T motors have 20deg of timing and usually standup brushes, that's why they can gear them so high compared to our stock motors. The 23T class is big in asia, not Europe
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:20 PM   #2337
Tech Regular
 
i_got_m8_4_$85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 341
Send a message via AIM to i_got_m8_4_$85
Default

23t, what the f
i_got_m8_4_$85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:35 PM   #2338
Tech Elite
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,703
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_got_m8_4_$85
23t, what the f
Asia.... All they run is 23T stock and open mod. You won't find a 27T or 19T in any shops in HK. Only took two trips there to figure that one out.
__________________
Panda Performance / Nemo Racing top secret R&D lab hidden in a lush bamboo forest....
Scorpion Power Systems
Kevin CBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:56 PM   #2339
Tech Regular
 
i_got_m8_4_$85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 341
Send a message via AIM to i_got_m8_4_$85
Default

o
i_got_m8_4_$85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:44 PM   #2340
Tech Regular
 
DennisNyholm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 442
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

jumping on for replies!!
DennisNyholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
19T Motor Forum Korey Harbke Electric On-Road 550 04-11-2009 08:27 AM
Stock motor sale !!!!CO27,P2k Pro, Monsters stock Marcos.J R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 36 06-27-2006 06:26 AM
Mod Motor forum Taz_S Electric On-Road 58 11-28-2003 12:58 AM
Stock Motor Forum JLMG1971 Electric On-Road 2 10-22-2002 03:07 AM
Stock Motor forum Taz_S Electric On-Road 62 09-14-2001 12:32 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net