Wiki Posts
Search

STOCK motor forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by EddieO
Bearings are not legal for stock, it specifically says all 27t stock motors must be bushing motors......

However, its a stupid rule, since bearings are so cheap now.....all it would do is save racers money by allowing bearings in stockers, not to mention it would make tuning a stocker MUCH more simple.

Later EddieO
I agree.

Even though I have a bushing alignment tool, the process of replacing bushings in a motor is daunting to say the least.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Is this legal?

I went and polished the armature of my MHP. I dremmeled away all the green color (just on the outer laminations...not the top or bottom) on the laminations then polished them up really well so they are a bright silver and very smooth. Is this legal?
Old 09-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Is this legal?

Originally posted by mafiaracers
I went and polished the armature of my MHP. I dremmeled away all the green color (just on the outer laminations...not the top or bottom) on the laminations then polished them up really well so they are a bright silver and very smooth. Is this legal?
Nope, not legal.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How do magnets stay in a can? I just inspected my monster to find a loose magnet. How do I get it to stay in there without moving? Thanks

-AB
Old 09-05-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

On the magnet, JB Weld will hold it in great....

As for the polishing of the stacks, its HIGHLY illegal and will earn you an instant DQ...

And if your using a dremel to do it, your not doing it correctly anyways....you will more than likely split the laminations on the end, but won't be able to really see it with the naked eye easily.

Later EddieO
Old 09-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

What exactly does polishing the stacks do? Assuming I were to use a different method...like chucking the arm into a drill press and using sandpaper and do it by hand. I should try it that way. I did split one lamination....but that's one too many! How do you get away with it with your motors eddie? I saw a brood motor in Xtreme this month and it was all polished up.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

On modifieds, its perfectly legal.....but not on 19t or stocks....

It's not really something you can do yourself....as even though you take off VERY little material, its enough to throw the balance of the motor off...thats why its done before balancing takes place.

As for what it does, it smooths the surface and decreases the amount of potential turbulence in the can...plus it looks cool.

I wish I had a copy of this XRC.....seems everyone has read it but me....! Got a scanner??

Later EddieO
Old 09-05-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, but I don't know how to use it, my dad does, so maybe I can get him to help me with it. Just go to Fred Myers and check it out. Its a whole section on motor technology and stuff. They had a little column on Brood motors and SIB motors. The bulk of the article was on Trinity D6 (standard comm, big brush), Reedy KR (laydown brush, big comm), and Orion V2 (new endbell). Thanks for the reply!
Old 09-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

When did you get it?

I have been checking Fred Meyer every day for a week, including yesterday....and they all still have the older copy.

Later EddieO
Old 09-06-2004, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

well....I have a subscription, so I just look for it in my mail box but the only other place I see it is Fredies.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default armatures

are you allowed to swap arms between stock motors and if there is a rule could someone point me in the right direction
Old 09-14-2004, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

No, the motor has to be run in the form it was homologated in, making hybrid motors illegal.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

at big events, the motor tech guys will have already engraved a number into the "can" and the "arm." After the race during tech, they will match up your can # with your arm#....if they don't match, you get a DQ.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

At any race that isn't using handouts.....you could swap in the correct arm without a problem....they SELL replacement arms for every trinity stocker, as well as the MVP/Core units....

What you CAN'T do is put a arm from another type of motor in your can. Example....if you have a monster, you can put a replacement monster arm in it....but you can't put a MVP or P2k2 arm in it.

At a handout motor race, typically the motors are marked on the can, endbell, and armature.....if the numbers don't match during tech....they will disqualify you.

Later EddieO
Old 10-01-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

I just bought a new Monster Pro and checked on the condition the brush wear and I noticed that it seems to be a bit off . I have not run this motor yet. Is it OK at this point to align the brush hoods or just wear out the original brushes and align the hoods after the brushes are worn out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.