R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-04-2005, 11:31 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default PayPal vendor for Tamiya parts

Can you guys please recommend one or two vendors you have had success with who take PayPal and have good stock of Tamiya parts? Tower has great inventory but they're not PayPal friendly.
My PayPal account is my "fun money" and I don't want to burn up the Visa card.
Slow4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:33 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to croy

Rainbow Ten is a good site often referred to as r10
www.rainbowten.co.jp
croy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 11:40 AM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

rc champ
speedtech
Hugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:04 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

rainbow 10 and speedtech...done.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:21 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Yeah RC CHAMP rocks even if they don't have stock of what you want they'll order it direct from Tamiya and have it in a week

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

An alternative from Hong Kong is an ebay seller, walawalastore. It takes about 10 days for the items to arrive due to the distance, but otherwise they have a pretty large selection of hard to find or old time Tamiya parts. Everything is listed by Tamiya part number, 5 or 7 digit numbers. I have ordered from them 4 or 5 times now for things my LHS can't get, and I have never been disappointed. Good prices too, very reasonable shipping cost. If you know the part number, the search is easy, but I tend to "window shop" through their extensive selection and always seem to find that one additional thing I didn't know I wanted or needed! Here's a link: http://stores.ebay.com/WalawalaStore...Q3amesstQQtZkm

Domestically, Speedtech is definitely the best, great owner. Sometimes they are out of stock on hard to find stuff, and then walawalastore is a good alternative.
minidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:06 PM   #7
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie

www.speedtechrc.com

Why because of customer service and the fact that it is an American company and keeping my money in America is better for America...By buying localy will keep speedtech open and continuing supporting use racers...
Besides that The Owner is always there to help....He is also a racer so he knows what to order and to have on hand....
-SHookie <><
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:14 PM   #8
Tech Regular

I could only ever recommend two companies...

US = Speedtech, not doubt
Other = PrecisionRC also very good.
jakeburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:51 PM   #9
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Quote:
Originally Posted by minidriver
An alternative from Hong Kong is an ebay seller, walawalastore. It takes about 10 days for the items to arrive due to the distance, but otherwise they have a pretty large selection of hard to find or old time Tamiya parts. Everything is listed by Tamiya part number, 5 or 7 digit numbers. I have ordered from them 4 or 5 times now for things my LHS can't get, and I have never been disappointed. Good prices too, very reasonable shipping cost. If you know the part number, the search is easy, but I tend to "window shop" through their extensive selection and always seem to find that one additional thing I didn't know I wanted or needed! Here's a link: http://stores.ebay.com/WalawalaStore...Q3amesstQQtZkm

Domestically, Speedtech is definitely the best, great owner. Sometimes they are out of stock on hard to find stuff, and then walawalastore is a good alternative.
I second the Walawala store. Fast shipping, excellent prices and they have everything in stock.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:15 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Just get the paypal debit card and use that number as a credit card number. Works awesome and draws out of your paypal account, even gives you 1% money back on all purchases. Much smarter then going with an unreputable tamiya dealer. That's what I do and it works awesome, everywhere I go.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:42 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree. My order of preference for all RC stuff, including Tamiya is:

1) My local hobby shop (LHS). They need and deserve our constant support. Without your LHS, you have a car with no one to race with. Always give them the first chance, even if it requires a wait for a special order or when there prices are higher. I am blessed to be 5 miles from Trackside, home of Scotty Ernst, there is no one better.

2) Then try Speedtech. He's a LHS, just not my LHS! Great owner, sometimes has a line on stuff that my LHS can't get.

3) Walawalastore. No hobby shop, just parts, but has many of the odd ball Tamiya stuff that is hard to get. When LHS calls TamiyaUSA , & they don't have it, Walawalastore may well have it. It's my 3rd choice because of my preference to support my LHS and racing, but if I have to go elsewhere, this guy is the kind of businessman that deserves my business, prompt shipper, reasonable shipping charges, just have to wait for it to fly all the way across the planet.
minidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:32 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Talking

on ebay, Jason's store has a lot of hop ups for Tamiya- ships super quick too

another vote for Speedtech - great customer service. i even visited his shop when i took my family to Disneyland last year!

vic
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 09:59 PM   #13
Tech Apprentice

Cool, thanks for the input guys. This thread could go on forever, so let's kill it right now
Slow4dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:08 PM   #14
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to rcnewb2004

HUGO,

where can i find "rc champ"?

I am looking for a tamiya PP vendor that ships to canada, since walawala does not ship to canada anymore. (stupid canadian customs)
rcnewb2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:44 AM   #15
KoE
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to KoE

RC Champ alternatively, Pro-S Futaba

Would be great if you can read japanese. Altavista or Google's translator might help a bit They respond to email enquiries quite fast. RC Champ has a thread here btw