Wiki Posts
Search

build my own rc car

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default build my own rc car

hey all im looking for some autocad or equivalent drawings of rc cars was wondering if there are any available 1/10 scale looking to make my own out of aluminum have cnc mill and lathe if anyone knows where I could find some or has some they are willing to share that would be great thanks ....

cheers all
Old 03-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Suspended

Just have a look about this. http://www.wtotoy.com/hot-rc-diy-4-w...rc-car-en.html

There are the drawings/manual and vehicle accessories you needed to assemble an RC car
Old 03-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just get a tc4 ,and call it a day.....
Old 03-10-2014, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation e machine shop

Originally Posted by spud143
hey all im looking for some autocad or equivalent drawings of rc cars was wondering if there are any available 1/10 scale looking to make my own out of aluminum have cnc mill and lathe if anyone knows where I could find some or has some they are willing to share that would be great thanks ....

cheers all
check this out Spud 143 there's links etc ,face book and blogs,
right up youre alley if you have CNC capability .
http://www.emachineshop.com/
Old 03-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Has anyone tried 3D printing a whole RC car yet?
Old 03-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by @Art_Mighty
No, just guns... LOL!
Old 03-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys I would like to get into doing touring rc cars but like to know what it a good kit for the money like the TCXX or the Sakura Zero or is there any better kits out there anyone can help me out be good thanks.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Need4SomeSpeed
Hey guys I would like to get into doing touring rc cars but like to know what it a good kit for the money like the TCXX or the Sakura Zero or is there any better kits out there anyone can help me out be good thanks.
Wrong thread for this. Search some as this topic has come up alot over time.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by @Art_Mighty
Now thats an idea!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:05 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I've also thought of building my own car. I have a milling machine and lathe, and access to a cnc router. However, buying a kit was much easier. Type in paypal password and address, hit enter, and wait a few days for it to arrive. A few hours of assembly time, and you have a car! Granted, designing and building your own would be quite rewarding.

There are some things that I don't like about most kits, though, so I think it would be best to buy a kit, and then change the things that you don't like about them.

Me, I don't like the use of the c-hubs and single upper control arm. I'd rather see a true double a-frame setup like the front of the F1 cars use. I think it would be more sturdy, and require less parts. Using tie-rods in the rear to change rear toe would be nice, too. Being able to adjust the rear toe curve would then be possible.

As for an affordable first kit, I did a fair bit of reading about that when I was looking fgor my first car a few weeks ago. I was thinking of getting a Sakura Xi sport, but ended up getting a Spec-R R1 Pro Spec. $240 from RCMart. I'm quite happy with the kit, with the exception of the ball cups. Buy some $3 tamiya ball cups for it. I think the Sakura's might be a tad more fragile, and the upgrade path for the Xi sport was confusing, since it uses some parts from the Ultimate, some from the Zero S, some from here, some from there, etc.