R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-18-2005, 04:04 AM   #106
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Those numbers seem OK and may continue to improve further.
btw why did you make the same mistake twice???
beer_drinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:39 AM   #107
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer_drinker
Those numbers seem OK and may continue to improve further.
btw why did you make the same mistake twice???
If you look at a GP pack you will see that the order is yellow (neg), green (pos), yellow (neg), green (pos), yellow (neg), green (pos) no matter which way you have a fusion pack as long as the labels are on top. The problem isn't the pos/neg it is the battery bars. On the smart tray you have to have 3 bars across the top, a point that is not called out on the unit only on the inside cover of the smart tray box. The first time I made the mistake I didn't see the call out. The second time was a week later when I didn't have the box and thought I was ok because I took my time and made sure the pos/neg lined up.
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 12:24 PM   #108
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Here are the numbers off my second fried pack...

Label Reads:
Fusion Power 3300
Sec 0422
AV 1.183

Trinity Reads:
Volts 6.90
Resist 23.4
Capacity 3578
Time 459.65

What are good numbers for Volts, Resist, Capacity, & Time? Also what else can I do to increase their performance?
jamescam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:53 PM   #109
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Anyone here with 4cells able to post some figures for gp3700's for comparsion ??

Mine from fully charged are :-

512 sec's
4.82V
8.0ohms
3985mAh

Just wanted to get an idea what me cells are like, Oh it taking about 6.30hrs per pack from fully charged to discharged ..........
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 06:32 PM   #110
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merciless
Anyone here with 4cells able to post some figures for gp3700's for comparsion ??

Mine from fully charged are :-

512 sec's
4.82V
8.0ohms
3985mAh

Just wanted to get an idea what me cells are like, Oh it taking about 6.30hrs per pack from fully charged to discharged ..........
I think your battery very good now !
we tested run end keep to use this IR lower
HKRCMODEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:12 PM   #111
Tech Master

So...whats the verdict??? Does the Trinity unit perform as well as the Spintech unit? I'd like to hear from some Dyna-Pulse users who've had the unit for a couple months or so.

-Sean

-Me
Soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:15 AM   #112
Tech Regular

I recenty bought a Dyna Pulse, but it seems to be missing the cutoff point. According to the display the cutoff point is at 5.07 volts, however it seems to be discharging the pack to nothing (0.0v). My discharge tray cuts of instantly at 0.1v per cell after using the Dyna Pulse. I then check it with a 20amp bulb discharger and the lights failed to light up at all. After those tests I recharged the battery and again checked it with the bulb discharger. The cells may have been reversed as the lights were not nearly as bright as they should be. I am connecting the alligator clips into a deans connector, which is connected to the pack via short wires. Is this an ok method. I am not going to use this product anymore until I have a solution, as this seems to have ruined one pack already. Can someone please advise me of a possible solution.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:19 AM   #113
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer_drinker
I recenty bought a Dyna Pulse, but it seems to be missing the cutoff point. According to the display the cutoff point is at 5.07 volts, however it seems to be discharging the pack to nothing (0.0v). My discharge tray cuts of instantly at 0.1v per cell after using the Dyna Pulse. I then check it with a 20amp bulb discharger and the lights failed to light up at all. After those tests I recharged the battery and again checked it with the bulb discharger. The cells may have been reversed as the lights were not nearly as bright as they should be. I am connecting the alligator clips into a deans connector, which is connected to the pack via short wires. Is this an ok method. I am not going to use this product anymore until I have a solution, as this seems to have ruined one pack already. Can someone please advise me of a possible solution.
Dosen't sound right after using the dyna pulse there's always juice left for me to equalize ............. I also can't believe that after doing this just once you could tell a difference in the bulb brightness after recharging !? so i'd think there's more wrong . are you sure with your conector method there was no possibilty of the cells shorting out ??
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 04:30 PM   #114
Tech Regular

The connectors have been working fine until now, so I have no idea what the problem is. It seems to discharge fine, It's just that they have no power left when it's finished. Another wierd thing is that the display still lights up at full power, even when I tried leaving a pack on for 15 mins after discharge.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:15 PM   #115
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to g12314 Send a message via Yahoo to g12314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet
So...whats the verdict??? Does the Trinity unit perform as well as the Spintech unit? I'd like to hear from some Dyna-Pulse users who've had the unit for a couple months or so.

-Sean
Well I started that comparison. 84 packs through my spintec, and 4 through my Dyna Pulse before it decided to let the magic smoke out. Gonna send it in for repair and hopefully resume tesing.

Jimmy
Old 10-18-2005, 07:09 PM   #116
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to f1larry

I am curious if anyone else has had any problems with their Dyna Pulse. I had one that on the 10th cycle through it it stoped discharging. I sent it back and they sent me a different one. Now on the 28th cycle of the replacement unit up it went in a puff of smoke. So now I will be sending my 2nd unit back to Trinity. This is very frustrating that all I can do is get it replaced and not get my money back because the dealers won't make a refund for you they only tell you to send it to the Manufacturer. I have had the unit for about a month.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:42 PM   #117
Tech Regular

Mine stopped working on the 13th discharge. Started up okay so I walked away a few minutes later I noticed the batteries weren't clicking like normal. It wouldn't do anything but light up after that.
kmorast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:07 PM   #118
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to f1larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmorast
Mine stopped working on the 13th discharge. Started up okay so I walked away a few minutes later I noticed the batteries weren't clicking like normal. It wouldn't do anything but light up after that.
Thats the same thing that happened to mine the first time.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:39 PM   #119
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Cuffs,

Any insight on these problems? I just ordered one and I'm hoping that these are just flukes.
tazz888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:32 PM   #120
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Glad I am not the only one... mine quit on the 5th discharge... guess I should send it in...
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote