R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-18-2006, 10:34 PM   #151
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Dead shorting is a process used by some racers to increase voltage output and reduce IR in packs. It involves discharging your cells individually down to zero, and then placing a jumper across the positive and negative ends of the pack to short it out. If you're unfamiliar with the procedure, and the inherent risks involved, I would shy away from deadshorting your packs. Dynapulsing then storing is a nice safe method of maintaining your cells.
Will the Dynapulse put the voltage down to 0.9 V per cell?
natskiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 06:47 AM   #152
Tech Addict

My Dyna pulse isnt making my batteries go snap crackle pop anymore. Is it still good?
Formula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:35 AM   #153
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1fan
My Dyna pulse isnt making my batteries go snap crackle pop anymore. Is it still good?
That just means that you've broken down the crystalline build up in the cells. With regular use my good cells stopped making noise too. If I hook up an old crap pack the familiar clicking noise is readily apparent.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:37 AM   #154
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by natskiboy
Will the Dynapulse put the voltage down to 0.9 V per cell?
It takes the PACK down to a pre-determined voltage equivalent .9 per cell. The only way to achieve a true, balanced .9 volts on each cell is to use an equalizing tray.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
Old 03-31-2006, 11:45 AM   #155
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
That just means that you've broken down the crystalline build up in the cells. With regular use my good cells stopped making noise too. If I hook up an old crap pack the familiar clicking noise is readily apparent.
Thanks Ian. Who do you pick for tomorrow.
Formula1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 12:18 PM   #156
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1fan
Thanks Ian. Who do you pick for tomorrow.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and pick Kimi.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:07 AM   #157
Tech Adept

this thing sucks, mine stopped working after about 60 cycles, it turns on, it says the resistance is 0 and won't start to discharge, i tried it on all my packs and same thing. i can't even send it in to get it fixed, bought it off someone else, stick with the muchmore ctxd, more money but you get what you pay for.
sukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:48 AM   #158
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukh
this thing sucks, mine stopped working after about 60 cycles, it turns on, it says the resistance is 0 and won't start to discharge, i tried it on all my packs and same thing. i can't even send it in to get it fixed, bought it off someone else, stick with the muchmore ctxd, more money but you get what you pay for.
Mine stopped working on around 55 cycles. It took more than 18 hrs to discharge a pack so I know something is wrong. Anyone has experience dealing with their service department? I check their website for service info but did not find one. What have you done to get this problem fixed? Thanks.
Yellowtaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:59 AM   #159
Tech Adept

actually i sent them an email telling them it stopped working, got a reply from them a day later to send it in and they would replace it.
sukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:17 PM   #160
Tech Adept

Default mine doesnt work

i dont want to say that the dynapulse suckd, BUT, i'v ehad one for 3 weeks and it only lasted 18 cycles b4 it quit, I sent an e-mail and got a response to send it back almost immediately, but is it worth it or am i going to have to keep sending it back? has anyone had faultless performance out of this piece of equipment?
santinuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 12:59 PM   #161
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukh
actually i sent them an email telling them it stopped working, got a reply from them a day later to send it in and they would replace it.
Do they ask for a sale receipt? I got it brand new from here so I don't have any receipt. Thanks
Old 07-17-2006, 02:17 PM   #162
Tech Addict

Just got a reply from them. They will replace it. At least, I am happy about that.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:46 PM   #163
Tech Adept

Default no reciept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowtaro
Do they ask for a sale receipt? I got it brand new from here so I don't have any receipt. Thanks
they didnt ask me for one, sandy just said send it in.
santinuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:19 PM   #164
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by santinuchi
i dont want to say that the dynapulse suckd, BUT, i'v ehad one for 3 weeks and it only lasted 18 cycles b4 it quit, I sent an e-mail and got a response to send it back almost immediately, but is it worth it or am i going to have to keep sending it back? has anyone had faultless performance out of this piece of equipment?
I have a few of them and all of mine have over 200 cycles with zero problems... Mine have always lowered IR and increased voltage.. Very good piece of equipment to have..
Old 07-17-2006, 06:56 PM   #165
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by santinuchi

Mine is now coming up on 300 cycles and works faultlessy. Good piece of kit.
JConcepts www.jconcepts.net
Ace Hobby Distributors www.acehobbyaustralia.com
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote