R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-03-2005, 05:01 PM   #46
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
There are a lot of really good matchers out there...but there are a lot of bad ones too. I have gotten cells from both types.

A pack from a good matcher will cycle within a few seconds of the numbers on the label. I have had Schumacher (not available in the US ) and Fusion packs that were with in 2 seconds of the run time on the labels. That is exceptional.

I have had packs from a very big company and a very small company that cycled 30-40 seconds low on their first cycle .

I think the key to getting really good cells is getting really fresh cells from a matcher with really high turn over. Why? Smaller matchers will match a few cases at a time, set aside cells that are good but don't have enough matching cells to make up a pack then match them to similar cells next time they get a few more cases. During this time the cells on the shelf age and change. They will not be the same weeks later. If they matcher tried to recycle them into the next batch now they have more cycles on them than their sister cells and they will not age in a pack at the same rate as fresher cells.

High volume matchers are continuously matching dozens if not hundreds of cases a month. Their cells never sit around for more than a few days. If they are not matched into a pack quickly they get lumped with bulk cells and sold off as stick packs.

I run Schumacher cells that I order for myself from Schu UK. They are too expensive to sell in the US due to the extreme competition in this market but they are awesome.

If I were to change I would go to:

1. Fusion, Paul Wynn our top US driver runs them, loads of FL guys run them so I see production and team packs...guess what! They are the same! At the Snowbirds the Hobby Shop had pack for sale that were as good or better than the stuff given to PW. Fusion numbers are also for real. They cycle just like the labels indicate they should. The fact that they are assembled well put them up on my 2nd choice. I know John and I know how fast he turn over his cells. It is entirely possible that the cells in Fusion packs in your LHS have been in the country for less than a month.

2. SMC, EA, Kinetix. These all come from SMC and they are just as good as the Fusions match wise. I am pretty sure SMC is the biggest matcher in the US. Yes, I think they sell more race packs than Trinity. SMC also has super fresh cells. Anything you get from SMC or their OEM clients are excellent. FYI, the EA cells at the 2005 Snowbirds were better than the cells given to SMC team drivers. Once again you can easily buy team level cells over the counter.

I am sure there are more matchers that are just as good as SMC and Fusion but these are he companies I have have experience with so they are my choices.

I buy my cells from SMC but I match them myself as of June 1st.

Thanks for the props though.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 05:13 PM   #47
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

im sure trinity goes thru many more cells then orion
Old 08-03-2005, 05:37 PM   #48
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
im sure trinity goes thru many more cells then orion
dont single me out dude you are the only trinity guy on the whole thread..east coast trinity ..world wide orion matches more for sure...3300 3700 cells ....those other toy batts dont count...
lickrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 05:47 PM   #49
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to vi3tishduy

Where can u buy orions?
vi3tishduy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:14 PM   #50
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Steve Bahnatka

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickrim
dont single me out dude you are the only trinity guy on the whole thread..east coast trinity ..world wide orion matches more for sure...3300 3700 cells ....those other toy batts dont count...
actually, your wrong. im also on this thread .toy batteries?what are you talkin about, trinity has had many nation champions.orion is not the best matcher.go to another forum if you want to start stuff.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:08 PM   #51
ASM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

John,

If I were to use anything other than Pro-Match which is what I was running before they picked me up....I would probably think about going to EA. John, honesty on numbers, staying with industry standards (such as cut-off), availablity and pricing are very important. However, I think customer service along with honest numbers are the most important factors. Being a former Pro-Match driver yourself, you know how good their customer service is from Erika and you know how good Jeff's cells are. Heck, I think even you have called them yourself as of late to ask questions on what they're seeing on the 3700's, huh? That all makes team drivers and unsponsored drivers alike have their preferences.

As for EA, I've delt with him a few times on motors in the past and as you know, he can make'em fly! More importantly, he comes across as a very nice guy that you can talk with and ask questions of. I believe his motor labels to be true so I'd certainly believe his battery labels to be true. Afterall, he's a good ole boy from Tenn....those are honest guys! Way back when , I use to get all my batteries from Richie King of Dillion Racing.....another very honest (and fast) guy from Tennessee!!!

Hope that answers your questions.....

2016 & 2017 ROAR Region 4 VTA Champion
USVTA Member #116
ASM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:53 PM   #52
Tech Fanatic

I would choose either GP or IB.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:58 PM   #53
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bahnatka
actually, your wrong. im also on this thread .toy batteries?what are you talkin about, trinity has had many nation champions.orion is not the best matcher.go to another forum if you want to start stuff.

its my opinion dude , your right trinity does sell the smaller cells for your toy cars too...dont trip i thought i was bitter//////
Old 08-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #54
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bahnatka
spell check please....lots of nation champions WTF are you talking about..WORLD CHAMPIONS look again...your .02
Old 08-03-2005, 09:05 PM   #55
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Power Push. They're the only company doing it on their own custom equipment. Everyone else is Turbomatcher, exactly the same. One matcher might get a good case of cells one month, the next month his cells are the wrong date code, etc. If you want to try something different...try something that's actually different...not the same battery, same matching process just with a different logo on the label.
ground-round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:08 PM   #56
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ground-round
Power Push. They're the only company doing it on their own custom equipment. Everyone else is Turbomatcher, exactly the same. One matcher might get a good case of cells one month, the next month his cells are the wrong date code, etc. If you want to try something different...try something that's actually different...not the same battery, same matching process just with a different logo on the label.

gp has no date code....novak has its own system ....thought you knew
Old 08-03-2005, 09:16 PM   #57
Tech Master

where do u think the majority of smaller company gets there batts from.. hmmm. i would like to see who has more world and national titles under there belt. If i remember correctly joel johnson has 32 national titles and 2 world champion titles for trinity..
Old 08-03-2005, 09:21 PM   #58
Tech Addict

well what about kinwald ? i remember when joel was fat and racin oval out in cali....reedy sells oem too not just trinity...gp will sell direct too, so whats you point?
Old 08-03-2005, 09:29 PM   #59
Tech Master

no need to argue, results speak louder then words.. yo rimlick i seen the problems that you tried to cause on the fukayama thread no need to start anything over hear. people can make there own decisions on what batts to run but i can speak for myself if you want consistant and true numbers, BUY TRINITY. i cant speak for any other matchers. Time for u to find another thread to start problems.. Wait maybe u are mad because TRINITY declined your resume like Fukayama did. HE OWNED YOU. lol
Cuffs
Old 08-03-2005, 09:35 PM   #60
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

SOOOOOOO hows the weather ???? seems kinda Hot in here

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote