R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2005, 12:37 AM   #1
Tech Addict
 
acutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Posts: 507
KO Propo Help please

I currently have the following items (Helios radio, Hara Twister 2.0, KO PDS 2363 SERVO) and someone said that all the settings could be done from a PC ... however I don't know what I need to buy to connect them? Is there one adaptor that can connect all these items to a PC and play with the settings?

Any help appreciated!!!!!
acutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:54 AM   #2
Tech Champion
 
danjoy25's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,149
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

checkout out: www.kopropo.com

it the ICS cable that you need to buy.
__________________
Awesomatix A800 & A800X/ Mugen MTX-5 / 3 Racing F113 / Kyosho RB5 / Kyosho Mini-Z
danjoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 06:28 AM   #3
Tech Addict
 
acutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Posts: 507
Default

Thanks for that but there seems to be 2 differnet items and I don't know if I need them both.
61012 KO Propo PC Interface for ICS Servo VFS 1, 2, J
61003 KO Propo ICS Communication adaptor for EX10 Helios

Do I need to buy both these items? Has anyone used any of this?
acutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:08 PM   #4
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acutts
Thanks for that but there seems to be 2 differnet items and I don't know if I need them both.
61012 KO Propo PC Interface for ICS Servo VFS 1, 2, J
61003 KO Propo ICS Communication adaptor for EX10 Helios

Do I need to buy both these items? Has anyone used any of this?
acutts... Robert will jump on here and help you out. but if you want to do your VFS..and your servo (im assuming its the ICS version) the handheld adapter will work you will just need the appropriate "card" for each one. this allows the handheld adapter to be used for the servo or esc by plugging in the proper card.

you can find more info here: http://www.kopropo.com/ICS.htm

i believe you will need a different interface for each one (servo, esc, radio), meaning you need both items above robert, correct me if im wrong on that one
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:11 PM   #5
Tech Adept
 
Myker*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bay Farm Island
Posts: 95
Send a message via AIM to Myker*
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki
acutts... Robert will jump on here and help you out. but if you want to do your VFS..and your servo (im assuming its the ICS version) the handheld adapter will work you will just need the appropriate "card" for each one. this allows the handheld adapter to be used for the servo or esc by plugging in the proper card.

you can find more info here: http://www.kopropo.com/ICS.htm

i believe you will need a different interface for each one (servo, esc, radio), meaning you need both items above robert, correct me if im wrong on that one
hebiki, i think he wants to use his computer to do all the programming?
__________________
Tamiya Racing Factory
Myker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:14 PM   #6
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myker*
hebiki, i think he wants to use his computer to do all the programming?
yup you can definitely do that. just download all the software and get all the interface cables.

im just not sure if there's a specific one for each item (esc, servo, radio) i have the esc PC Interface. thats it.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:16 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: World Wide Westside!
Posts: 1,209
Default Programmer

acutts-
To program everything with the PC you will need the ICS Value Set #61001. This includes the PC interface and the adapter for the EX-10 Helios. I beleive the current programs that are offered with this value set are the Helios, servos and VFS-2000. You can download the VFS-1 program for free from our website. This will allow you to program the radio, servos and esc.
-Robert
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 12:36 PM   #8
Tech Initiate
 
brandbrainz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 24
Default

I use nearly the same equipment and tested both, the handheld and the PC version. I found programming on the PC much more usefull. You can store as many setups as you've got space on your HD. The programmer only allows 3 setups and you can't use it with your helios.
brandbrainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 02:06 PM   #9
Tech Regular
 
stegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ellesmere port Cheshire UK
Posts: 297
Default

If i have thr software downloaded onmy laptop is there anybody out there in forum land who knows what the pin configeration is for the leads required to connect the Helios,servos and VFS-1?????
stegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 03:24 PM   #10
Tech Initiate
 
brandbrainz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 24
Default

There is more to the cable then just the pin configuration. There are several electronic parts when you open the plug that's connected to the PC
brandbrainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 04:01 PM   #11
Tech Regular
 
stegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ellesmere port Cheshire UK
Posts: 297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandbrainz
There is more to the cable then just the pin configuration. There are several electronic parts when you open the plug that's connected to the PC
They are probably resistors. can anybody post a picture???
stegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 01:30 AM   #12
Tech Addict
 
acutts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London, UK
Posts: 507
Default

Thanks for the Info guys
acutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:41 AM   #13
Tech Initiate
 
brandbrainz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 24
Default

Jepp:
Attached Thumbnails
KO Propo Help please-img_2683.jpg  
brandbrainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:26 AM   #14
Tech Regular
 
stegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ellesmere port Cheshire UK
Posts: 297
Default

BRANDBRAINZ thanx for the picture but i can't make out the spek of the micro resistors etc. Also can you post a picture of the reverse side.........
Thanks again
stegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:55 PM   #15
Tech Initiate
 
djgoku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 20
Default bought ICS USB Adapter 4 Helios

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO PROPO Staff View Post
acutts-
To program everything with the PC you will need the ICS Value Set #61001. This includes the PC interface and the adapter for the EX-10 Helios. I beleive the current programs that are offered with this value set are the Helios, servos and VFS-2000. You can download the VFS-1 program for free from our website. This will allow you to program the radio, servos and esc.
-Robert
Recently bought ICS USB Adapter, to progam my mini-z 2,4 and my Helios EX-10,
But Dont know what cable to use on the Helios?
Could you help me, read on the manual that I should use the "multy acces port" but the cable suplied have only 3 pins and the port has 8 wich 3 out of the 8 should I connect to?
djgoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KO PROPO BMC-VFS esc Molala3 Electric On-Road 0 04-23-2008 11:57 AM
KO PROPO VS-1 FS/FT Headshot R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-11-2007 06:16 PM
ko propo buffalobill989 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 08-09-2006 05:08 AM
~F/S Ko Propo Mars R/Ko Propo VFS 2000 Pro/BMI FK05~ RandomTask R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-21-2006 10:18 PM
WTB Ko Propo VFS-1 Pro Roberto Falcon R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 10-22-2005 11:36 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:19 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net