Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 10:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New guy

Hi all, I am a new guy, have had rc off road cars before. I'm wanting to get an onroad car to play with, street, parking lots, not sure if they are even racing anywhere close to me. Wichita KS. But am looking at getting a car with lots of aftermarket support, always fun to change and modify right! Was looking at tower hobbies, the HPI sprint 2 seems like it's not too expensive and has a lot of aftermarket support. For 300 dollars doesn't seem too bad. Any help? Thanks
Old 04-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Tech Regular

The hpi sprint 2 is ok but you gotta remember it's still a touring car and touring cars are built to be raced on perfectly flat most times prepared surfaces. Also If you do race the chassis itself won't be competitive and the electronics would have to be switched out except for a novice class.

Have you considered a rally car? A little more ride height so it can go alot more places.