R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-01-2014, 07:29 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Questions?? Need Help Identifying This Car?

I picked this up this morning for a project off Ebay, and am wondering what exact model it is. I think it says Kyosho, but the series I'm unsure of? Some type of Indy version? Any help would be appreciated. I know it needs work, but thought it might be fun for the paved driveway . Thanks for the help.

spookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:05 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Hi, Yes, it is an old Kyosho Lola T9300 Target Indy Car, I would clean it up and change the Moto, ESC and reciver and servo and keep it. Very hard to find.
Enjoy,
Norman2
PS: It may be hard to find a replacement body but you can always put
a new Formula 1 body on it ant there are a lot of them available with decals
of almost all the current teams.

Last edited by Norman2; 03-01-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Norman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman2 View Post
Hi, Yes, it is an old Kyosho Lola T9300 Target Indy Car, I would clean it up and change the Moto, ESC and reciver and servo an keep it. Very hard to find.
Enjoy,
Norman2
Awesome thanks, I was googling and that came up. $49 shipped lol, I couldn't pass it up. Nice!
Old 03-01-2014, 11:08 AM   #4
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman2 View Post
Hi, Yes, it is an old Kyosho Lola T9300 Target Indy Car, I would clean it up and change the Moto, ESC and reciver and servo and keep it. Very hard to find.
Enjoy,
Norman2
PS: It may be hard to find a replacement body but you can always put
a new Formula 1 body on it ant there are a lot of them available with decals
of almost all the current teams.
Thanks Norman, I actually found a new clear original body on Ebay, but the decals are the killer lol. So I may opt for you're suggestion. I searched and found quite a few parts still around for it. Any suggestions for frt and rear tires for it? Not specifically for a track, but just all around street softness, rubber I assume? Lol, one more question, are all the outer wheel sizes pretty much the same? Noob here lol. I think this will be fun lol. Thanks for any suggestions, they help.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
Tech Adept

that is a kyosho sr-5 chassis, it came as a kit with the lola indy car body as well as Ferrari f92, Jordan 192, Benetton b192. I have several indy bodies and wings the same as the pictures, if you ever need anything let me know I prolly have it. The best tires to buy would be Tamiya hbr soft rears and med or hard fronts from Tamiya f103 cars. Its actually a very good race car handles well!
Old 03-01-2014, 11:36 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good find should be great to run
kmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #7
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Don't race it. If you can get it to function, great, but don't race a classic collectors item.
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. Losi 22 4.0, CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #8
Tech Master

Thanks Guys for more tire info and advice, I may take you up on that Eff lol. No, I would never race this, I think it will be one of those things you get out from time to time for fun and bragging rights lol. I think when I get it in, and go to cleaning it will come around nicely. By the frame condition, it doesn't look like it was ran much at all. I'm pretty stoked on this lol.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #9
Tech Master

Hey guys, does anyone know of anyone that has a set of decals for this car? I have emailed several people, one being a printing company, that prints the sheets and thought I would ask here. Thanks
Old 03-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #10
Tech Master

Ok hate to bump a dieing thread, but can anyone tell me if F103 premount wheels and rubber tires fit this car? Or recommend a complete front/ rear set for it? I'm mainly looking for something to bolt on, to run it on the driveway while I run it in. Nothing really competitive wise. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #11
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookie View Post
Ok hate to bump a dieing thread, but can anyone tell me if F103 premount wheels and rubber tires fit this car? Or recommend a complete front/ rear set for it? I'm mainly looking for something to bolt on, to run it on the driveway while I run it in. Nothing really competitive wise. Thanks.
Hi, I would have to see a photo of the insides part of the wheel to see if the F103 wheels would fit. I need to see if the rear wheel has a hex shape inside.
Will try to find out. Regards
Norman
Norman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:23 AM   #12
Tech Master

Thanks for responding Norman. The rears definitely have the hex. The fronts I assume are bearings? What size and crossover I have no idea.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:50 AM   #13
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookie View Post
the front rims from a 103 will work, but the rear tires (Tamiya 103 rims)will not work correctly, the offset is different. Just nix the tires that u have on the kyosho rims currently and mount the Tamiya donuts on them.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:08 AM   #14
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff one View Post
the front rims from a 103 will work, but the rear tires (Tamiya 103 rims)will not work correctly, the offset is different. Just nix the tires that u have on the kyosho rims currently and mount the Tamiya donuts on them.
Thanks Eff, what would you recommend for the Kyosho tire replacement? Replacing just the tires doesn't bother me, but picking the right ones is where I'm having trouble lol.