R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2014, 02:37 AM   #61
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE View Post
Well I'm really asking how they determine a tie breaker. Both had 1st and 3rd positions as their counting races.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingthepack View Post
ahh,i dont know for sure but id guess it counts back to seeded position
I'm fairly sure that if equal on points, it goes on your combined race times or something like that, not quali or seedings.
__________________
Xray T4'18, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2018
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:39 AM   #62
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12
Default

Hi, do you guys know what is the hand-out tire additive for this round?
mystique13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:59 AM   #63
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
Looks like Xray had the best cars for the finals, Hagbergs maybe just a touch too safe to challenge for the win.
The Rays did look a bit more locked-in than the others
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:15 AM   #64
Tech Adept
 
Stusdal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Norway
Posts: 103
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddins View Post
I'm fairly sure that if equal on points, it goes on your combined race times or something like that, not quali or seedings.
It's the time of the best final that decides. Volkers A3 time of 16 5.15.404 beating Hagbergs A2 time 16 5.19.759.
__________________
Serpent || Sanwa || Hobbywing || GensACE || Sorex || Contact ||
*When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win*
Stusdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #65
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveaustin5 View Post
Interesting to see who officially gets 2nd from race 1.

It looks like Krapp went over the line before Moore. His lap didn't register because his battery had come out but that shouldn't matter as everyone can see he beat Moore.
Krapps car was also underweight when he crossed the line
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #66
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 11
Default

As i am here and attended the ETS in Gran canaria i would like to put some things straight.
The line you see on the video is not the finish line, it is 21/2 meters further. If you look at the oncoming finals you wil see an extra line they have added which is the actual finish line. So Chrissie did not as Scotty said cross the line,! As he has won here 2 years ago hevshould have known.
The adfitive used was mr33 outdoor sauce.
There is NO hockey pitch next to the track, there is a basket ball field next to the track, is asphalt, ! And a soccer field which is grass!. This year compared to last year we had no sand on the track, the poor grip was caused by the coating they applyed to the asphalt. Hope this answers a lot of questions.
I am eager to know where the assumpions came from?
Xray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:08 PM   #67
Tech Elite
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xray53 View Post
As i am here and attended the ETS in Gran canaria i would like to put some things straight.
The line you see on the video is not the finish line, it is 21/2 meters further. If you look at the oncoming finals you wil see an extra line they have added which is the actual finish line. So Chrissie did not as Scotty said cross the line,! As he has won here 2 years ago hevshould have known.
The adfitive used was mr33 outdoor sauce.
There is NO hockey pitch next to the track, there is a basket ball field next to the track, is asphalt, ! And a soccer field which is grass!. This year compared to last year we had no sand on the track, the poor grip was caused by the coating they applyed to the asphalt. Hope this answers a lot of questions.
I am eager to know where the assumpions came from?
I don't think it really matters where the assumptions came from. The fact of the matter is that the grip was low this and the past 2 years and maybe it's time to move it somewhere else because the track looked painful and no fun to drive on.
__________________
Goodwine Racing - RC America - XRAY - HUDY - Sanwa - Motiv - GravityRC - BN Racing
Fred Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:46 PM   #68
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
I don't think it really matters where the assumptions came from. The fact of the matter is that the grip was low this and the past 2 years and maybe it's time to move it somewhere else because the track looked painful and no fun to drive on.
Or use a softer tire at this track
Juan Aveytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #69
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xray53 View Post
As i am here and attended the ETS in Gran canaria i would like to put some things straight.....
Thank you for the insight
It is a shame about the level of grip, as it really did ruin the racing action
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:12 AM   #70
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 11
Default

Fred, i agree. I've been coming here since they started, it's time to move on.Portugal would be nice.
Xray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:10 AM   #71
Bar
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 484
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I don't understand why the ETS goes to Spain, as far as I am aware touring cars isn't that popular there. It should be going to countries in Europe where touring car racing is popular, like the rest of the rounds, UK springs to mind, slightly bias perhaps but makes sense
__________________
Luke Burr
Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:24 AM   #72
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: England
Posts: 1,470
Send a message via ICQ to MattW
Default

A UK round would be nice, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Various people have enquired but for a variety of reasons it would seem unlikely. Shame, but personally speaking I understand the reasons.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #73
Tech Addict
 
chasingthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: hanworth uk
Posts: 728
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
A UK round would be nice, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. Various people have enquired but for a variety of reasons it would seem unlikely. Shame, but personally speaking I understand the reasons.
its about time the ets had a wet race
__________________
yokomo bd7 16_lrp works team-trinity d4 17.5_futaba 4pks_futaba bls
wet/damp car xray t4-14-r10 pro-team wave 17.5 savox 1251
chasingthepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #74
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: England
Posts: 1,470
Send a message via ICQ to MattW
Default

We had plenty of rain in appledoorn last year thanks.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:01 PM   #75
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar View Post
I don't understand why the ETS goes to Spain
What I don't understand is why they don't come to a nice track in Spain, in actual mainland Spain, rather than go to Gran Canaria where spanish people can't go watch. It's confusing to me.

Gran Canaria is an Island. It's got water all around it, making it more of a task going there to watch a race. Sorry to spoonfeed people, but it is what it is. Nobody's going to be able to get in their car and drive there.

If for example the race was in Madrid, it'd be four hours away from me in car. It would be basicly 4 hours away "to everyone" in Spain.

I see no point in it being held on a remote location on an island.
Eivind E is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Tags
team yokomo


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:43 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net