R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-31-2005, 04:05 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default What's up with the Mi2

What is keeping the Mi2 from being as popular as some of the other top cars. Need some real feedback, is the design bad, the car slow, or is it that they don't have as many fulltime drivers?
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 04:12 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Well..... some good news for you fella. It's just beatin everyone at the euro's to take the championship
stegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 04:26 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I have driven a few different cars, not out of the box but setup for the track we race at, and so far my favorite is the Mi2. I have driven a TC4, an xray fk'05, a Yok CGM, and the Mi2 was the best for me. The Xray felt planted but the Mi2 felt like it was ready to dance with the driver. It felt quick and nimble, exactly what I like in a car.

It just isn't as blinged out with polished aluminum or as new as some of the other cars out, but it is probably the cheapest car double deck carbon fiber cars to get up to speed. The car just works well.
Old 07-31-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeasler
What is keeping the Mi2 from being as popular as some of the other top cars. Need some real feedback, is the design bad, the car slow, or is it that they don't have as many fulltime drivers?
Schumacher chooses to spend the $30K per year necessary to retain the services of a top name US driver elsewhere. Thats it.

If we had Teemu running in the US things would be a lot diffrent.

That said our top US driver, Paul "P-Dub" Wynn is one of the most respected and consistantly fast US Pro drivers.

We won the Euros, Nordic Champs, 19T ROAR nats, 6th and 8th in the Mod class at the ROAR nats, Qualified 3rd in the Mod A at the Snowbirds and most importantly racers in the know win with the Mi2 at club tracks everywhere, every weekend.

Check out Schumacher Corner on this message board if you want to know more about the Mi2 and the friendliest most, helpful group of racers on line.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 05:01 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
rodney what up ru coming to durham this weekend also mi2 is a popular car not alot guys run the car around here in the carolinas ifeel that every car is good out on the market i think each car is tuned diffrent and alot of track time to see what is does like adrian said it just won the euro touring championship, as for my self i ran against alot of schumacher cars when i go to fla to race as matter of fact last few club races in durham as been won by mi2 by a kid name justin that has no access to the web and he very fast and when he clicking the are rolling
Old 07-31-2005, 05:58 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

You have to run what you can get parts for.
Here in New Zealand it is almost impossible to get any Schumacher parts.
I imagine it is like that is some parts of the USA as well.
JConcepts www.jconcepts.net
Ace Hobby Distributors www.acehobbyaustralia.com
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 06:10 PM   #7
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Couple reasons I can think of off the top of my head.

1. Schumacher doesn't(can't?) flood most big races with drivers to up their odds.

2. People here in the U.S. choose to ignore all the wins that Schumacher achieves over seas. Both in onroad and offroad.

3. Some people complain that Schumacher updates their cars too often. Strangely enough, the same people are asking..."wheres the Mi3"

4. Some people believe that the Schumacher's have no parts support. I have no trouble getting parts from any of my local shops....

5. Its not labeled Associated or Losi. Thats a crime to some 'dedicated' racers.

As far as performance goes, I liked running mine. I won the stock class here with it the last time I ran. And if I had time to run 19t and stock along with nitro class, I wouldn't be selling mine. What more can you ask for. Good handling, low price...
Old 07-31-2005, 06:32 PM   #8
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

RK more and more of our local fast guys are switiching to the Mi2. If they can't beat Paul Wynn they might as well join him!!!!!!!
tmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:11 PM   #9
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbear
You have to run what you can get parts for.
Here in New Zealand it is almost impossible to get any Schumacher parts.
I imagine it is like that is some parts of the USA as well.
Actually parts support for Schumacher products is absolutely unlimited. Any person or shop can have any Schumacher part in production in thier hands on the next business day...or on Saturday morning if they are willing to pay for UPS Next Day or Saturday delivery. Even via UPS ground we can get parts anywhere in the US in 7 days or less.

If ANY hobbyshop says they can't get Schumacher parts in the US they are wrong. All they have to do is pick you the phone...its that easy.

FYI, We get some flak for poor inventory. That has not been the case for the last 9 years. When Robin Schumacher took over US distribution 9 years ago we have had excellent fill rates. Robin hired me 4 years ago and during that time I have quadrupled our inventory. If Schumacher makes it we have it. If its out, it will be back in stock as soon as the factory makes it and gets it to us. That is usually not more than 2 weeks.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:22 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm sorry to say that is wrong I ask for a kit and after 4 to 8 weeks no kit?
flbugboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:35 PM   #11
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbugboy
I'm sorry to say that is wrong I ask for a kit and after 4 to 8 weeks no kit?
What kit? Were you the guy that wanted an S1 Mi2? If so that is a possiblilty. We have only recently started stocking the S1 Mi2. We went for ~19 months before someone asked for the S1 version so we never stocked it. Everyone wanted the full Carbon Pro version.

If you are that guy I have to apologize to you as it was my fault for the delay in your kit. Since it was an unusual order our automated system did not tell me to order it and it was pure human error on my part that i did not manually add it to our weekly Air orders.

If you need an S1 Mi2 in the future they are in stock right now.

That said there are some products that have no US demand that we do not import. For example the water proof air filter for racing nitro sedan in heavy rain is not a big seller here so we dont import it.

Last edited by AdrianM; 07-31-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-31-2005, 07:36 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Thumbs up Customer Service

I can say that the customer service at Schumacher USA is second to none. Everything I've ever needed was always taken care of by Adrian,Paul, or Troy A.S.A.P. The MI2 is as good a car as any but what puts them over the top is the service you get.

my $.02
Roly
Old 07-31-2005, 08:58 PM   #13
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I run the Mi2 and am very pleased with the car. The support i get from them is about the best that it gets and i always have my ordered parts the very next day.the staff is very knowledgable and helpful.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:27 PM   #14
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

When I joined the Schumacher team, I was amazed at the support I got. Not only from PW, Adrian, and Troy, but from all the other Schumacher drivers. I'm proud to say I'm part of the Schumacher racing team and that I drive an MI2.

I think Adrian hit the nail on the head about not having more top level, marquis drivers. Out here in California, Corally is a perfect example of that. Out here, I saw maybe one or two Assassins. That's it. Then, they sign Chris Tosolini, a very fast and well known racer, and release the RDX, both pretty much at the same time, and now you see Corally's everywhere here. It's an excellent car and I'm sure the Assassin was a pretty good car too. But they didn't have a name behind the wheel like they do now.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 09:41 PM   #15
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to kabttu

I've also got to echo what has been said in regard to customer service at Schumacher USA. Second to none. A Mission was my first R/C car and I never had a problem getting a quick answer nor was I ever made to feel like an idiot for asking a question. Just awesome.
kabttu is offline   Reply With Quote