R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-31-2005, 10:09 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have to agree. when ever I needed help, the guy's are always there to help. I do have the problem being one of the only guy's in my club running an MI2. (there is one other in the club but he drive and atlas or his yoko) Everyone has gone on the x-ray ban wagon. I tried a guy fk04 didn't like the feel. sure it was dialed. but didn't feel right.. As some may now or not. I'm new to the racing scene this season. I've been a d or e driver all this season. today I quilifies for the c(yipee). won it and bump up to the B. well I got smoked. there cars were better geared. plus my motor need a com cut bad. All I can say it thanks to all the schumacher team for helping me out. I'm on a mission to prove that there are other option out there.
I mean I could of bought a dodge(x-ray) or buy a porche(MI2). I bought the posrche and love it. unfortunalty my LHS doesn't carry part on hand. but I can get them across the pound. I just seems schumacher aren't popular up here in Canada. Well any how thanks again team Schumacher. now I just need more speed. to make the A Main.
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 10:19 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrrus
I have to agree. when ever I needed help, the guy's are always there to help. I do have the problem being one of the only guy's in my club running an MI2. (there is one other in the club but he drive and atlas or his yoko) Everyone has gone on the x-ray ban wagon. I tried a guy fk04 didn't like the feel. sure it was dialed. but didn't feel right.. As some may now or not. I'm new to the racing scene this season. I've been a d or e driver all this season. today I quilifies for the c(yipee). won it and bump up to the B. well I got smoked. there cars were better geared. plus my motor need a com cut bad. All I can say it thanks to all the schumacher team for helping me out. I'm on a mission to prove that there are other option out there.
I mean I could of bought a dodge(x-ray) or buy a porche(MI2). I bought the posrche and love it. unfortunalty my LHS doesn't carry part on hand. but I can get them across the pound. I just seems schumacher aren't popular up here in Canada. Well any how thanks again team Schumacher. now I just need more speed. to make the A Main.
The sad part is our Canadian distributor is in BC ...doing his typical poor job at it. Might be time to look elsewhere for a Canadian dist.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 10:24 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Roberto Falcon

I use to love my Mi2 when I use to have it ... sold it to cause I just get tired of cars to quick and easy.. I have owned 8 cars in one year so that tells you how quick I get then and get rid of them But for sure the Mi2 is an awesome car !!
Old 07-31-2005, 10:29 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
The sad part is our Canadian distributor is in BC ...doing his typical poor job at it. Might be time to look elsewhere for a Canadian dist.
Actully that a good thing As i'm in BC just on Vancouver island. I get a shop in van my order he will go pick it up and greyhound it to me the next day. as long as they have the item in stock. (in which 90%they do)
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 05:33 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Schumacher chooses to spend the $30K per year necessary to retain the services of a top name US driver elsewhere. Thats it.

If we had Teemu running in the US things would be a lot diffrent.

That said our top US driver, Paul "P-Dub" Wynn is one of the most respected and consistantly fast US Pro drivers.

We won the Euros, Nordic Champs, 19T ROAR nats, 6th and 8th in the Mod class at the ROAR nats, Qualified 3rd in the Mod A at the Snowbirds and most importantly racers in the know win with the Mi2 at club tracks everywhere, every weekend.

Check out Schumacher Corner on this message board if you want to know more about the Mi2 and the friendliest most, helpful group of racers on line.
Adrian M
Looks like I will be getting a Schuie for the Nats this year from Darkseid. I will be hitting you Fla. boys up for setups especially for spools. Do you recommend that I get my hopups from Speedtech or somewhere else I know he usually has the stuff. Also can I run Associated springs on the Schuie shocks?
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:23 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Speaking for Adrain, yes you can run Assoaciated springs on the car. They are shorter then the Schuie springs, so you need to run a preload spacer too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeasler
Adrian M
Looks like I will be getting a Schuie for the Nats this year from Darkseid. I will be hitting you Fla. boys up for setups especially for spools. Do you recommend that I get my hopups from Speedtech or somewhere else I know he usually has the stuff. Also can I run Associated springs on the Schuie shocks?
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:39 AM   #22
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid
3. Some people complain that Schumacher updates their cars too often. Strangely enough, the same people are asking..."wheres the Mi3"
That's me.
But my complaint is that Schumacher don't "update" their cars. Correct me if I'm wrong but MI2 today is exactly the same as it was when it first came out, down to the last screw. Sure, there are new option parts, but the boxed kit is exactly the same. Schumacher instead almost always bring out brand new cars, with brand new faults.
But I think MI2 is good car.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:46 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeasler
What is keeping the Mi2 from being as popular as some of the other top cars. Need some real feedback, is the design bad, the car slow, or is it that they don't have as many fulltime drivers?

i guess the answer to your question "what is keeping the Mi2 from being popular?", is... the lack of winning a VERY BIG EVENT such as the 2005 EURO CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO TEEMU LEINO & Team SCHUMACHER!!! NOW WE ARE POPULAR
Old 08-01-2005, 10:01 AM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would own a Shumacher just because of Paul and Adrian, there support is second to none. Keep up the good work guys...just let us know when the new sedan and 4wheel drive will be released. I am waiting!
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 11:36 AM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I drove my friends MI2, and I absolutely loved it. I was able to run very consistent fast laps. It is a very good car.
Old 08-01-2005, 02:54 PM   #26
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsetinn
That's me.
But my complaint is that Schumacher don't "update" their cars. Correct me if I'm wrong but MI2 today is exactly the same as it was when it first came out, down to the last screw. Sure, there are new option parts, but the boxed kit is exactly the same. Schumacher instead almost always bring out brand new cars, with brand new faults.
But I think MI2 is good car.
Things change! We used to come out with update kits as soon as we found something that was faster then the stock car. New Sedan were on a one year cycle. Guys got angry with us about this. Yokomo was in the same boat.

So we responded with putting sedan releases on a 2 year cycle for the Mission and Mi2. Fast forward 4 year later and no we are told we arn't changing fast enough. I agree with this. Now no one seems to care that some manufacturers release new cars every 6 months. We won't go that far but we will have more extensive updates for kits between new model releases for future sedans.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 02:58 PM   #27
Tech Addict

do you plan on updating the mi2 before a new brand new kit?
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:01 PM   #28
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Take your time and get it right. We can list all the cars with great hype the last two racing seasons that in effect were complete flops. To not start a flame war-les not name names.

But-take a look at a succes story. The RDX coming on the heals of the much flawed Assasin. Wow-what a change of fortunes in North America for that company.

If Schumacher takes there time-listens to there drivers and really builds an all purpose racer (asphalt, carpet, foam or rubber tires), durable,reliable, fast and not too expensive-they might hit one out of the park too.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:30 PM   #29
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I just wanted to take a minute and say that for 3 + years I ran Schumacher and was treated like I was a teammate and a friend whenever I had a question. I did leave my Mi2 last winter to focus more on Offroad again and now I have come back to touring and bought a TC4. Not because it was better, because it was different and I wanted a change. I felt that the only area the MI2 was lacking in was foam tire setups, which is what we run 99% of the time. I knew that the cars in our area that traditionally perfomed well were the TC3/TC4's Xrays etc. I went with the Associated because I got a good deal. Now the irony of the entire situation is all summer everyone has gone back to running rubber tires Just my luck. As far as recommending the car to someone, I would....only if they want to go fast
Old 08-01-2005, 05:34 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You need a Seaball spec MI2 carpet ride. Oh yeah

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote