R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-26-2014, 08:50 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGozz View Post
There is a separate instruction book for the flux. Seems silly it didn't ship with your kit. Here is a link to download it: http://www.hpiracing.com/en/instructions/106168

It looks like you can program the esc with out the castle link.
I did check this link out and it does look like you can but from the response from the other forum member says you will need the castle link to set lipo? I'm confused.lol sorry guys but the responses are appricated
Old 02-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #17
Tech Regular

wait...I think I remember there being something in the manual about being able to turn LiPo mode on/off with the controller. Something like you have to hold down full throttle on the remote when you turn the esc on and it'll beep an the lights will flash a certain color and if you continue holding full throttle the beeps will change an the lights will blink a different color...
Im not exactly sure, but I think there some way to change LiPo mode like that...
wareagle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:23 AM   #18
Tech Regular

if you have a way to monitor voltage or an external cutoff, you could probably do that temporarily while you test it out.
wareagle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #19
Tech Adept

Thanks wareage... just want to make a few passes then park it.then I'll figure out the settings..I did see where you can the controller to set it up. But as you said earlier in a post to the castle link, I will be doing that as well.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry, I wasn't 100% sure about needing the Castle link for turning on the lipo cutoff. I should have worded that better I guess. It was mostly just an assumption based on the ESC having zero programming buttons on it. I owned one very briefly a few years ago, but I don't recall that much about it. The one I had still had an on/off switch.

As for these new ones not having an on/off switch. That is probably because people used to always cut off the switch from Castle ESCs and just solder the wires together, because they were known to fail constantly. Instead of fixing the switch, I guess Castle decided to just not include one anymore. Not a big deal really, because you want to unplug the battery every time you turn it off anyway or it will slowly drain the battery even when turned off and may cause a fire.
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:34 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by locked View Post
Sorry, I wasn't 100% sure about needing the Castle link for turning on the lipo cutoff. I should have worded that better I guess. It was mostly just an assumption based on the ESC having zero programming buttons on it. I owned one very briefly a few years ago, but I don't recall that much about it. The one I had still had an on/off switch.

As for these new ones not having an on/off switch. That is probably because people used to always cut off the switch from Castle ESCs and just solder the wires together, because they were known to fail constantly. Instead of fixing the switch, I guess Castle decided to just not include one anymore. Not a big deal really, because you want to unplug the battery every time you turn it off anyway or it will slowly drain the battery even when turned off and may cause a fire.
no need to be sorry, going to order a castle link this week. Thanks for the help.